No announcement yet.

Black Sabbath album 50th anniversary!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great comments everybody. 50 years of the unrivaled brilliance of Black Sabbath! The combination of Ozzy + Tony + Geezer + Bill produced my favorite music. I first discovered Black Sabbath in 1981, so I missed the releases of the first 8 albums.

Comment

After 50 yrs the mystery woman on the cover of Black Sabbath's debut album is revealed ... !

Louisa Livingstone, who says she was 18 or 19 years old at the time, recalls: “I had to get up at about four o’clock in the morning, or something as ridiculously early as that. It was absolutely freezing.

“I remember Keith rushing around with dry ice, throwing that into the pond nearby, and that didn’t seem to be working very well, so he was using a smoke machine. But it was just one of those very cold English mornings.”

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...e2&oe=5ECE877D

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...26&oe=5EC21B4C
      "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
      R. Blackmore

Comment

Here is the Rolling Stone Article on how they did the iconic Black Sabbath cover and the Lady in black on the front cover and the other 3 album covers done by Keef, finally she was discovered!

Here is the link: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/mu...erview-951578/

Great story, they finally found my Mona Lisa!!!!
        Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 02-15-2020, 09:25 AM.
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Mystery woman revealed on Sabbath's 1st album Louisa Lingstone ...
          "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
          R. Blackmore

Comment

Here she is at the time and today.(Louisa Livingstone).

image widget
            Last edited by Kennyz; 02-25-2020, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Witchy woman on the cover of Black Sabbath's eponymous first album finally identified

Louisa Livingstone, who says she was 18 or 19 years old at the time, recalls: “I had to get up at about four o’clock in the morning, or something as ridiculously early as that. It was absolutely freezing.

R. Blackmore

Comment

Tony's recollections from almost every album...

https://www.guitarworld.com/artists/...d-south-heaven
                "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
                  Tony's recollections from almost every album...

https://www.guitarworld.com/artists/...d-south-heaven
                  What?! No Sabotage! Oh well. Thanks for the article.

Comment

Originally posted by Kennyz View Post

Here she is at the time and today.(Louisa Livingstone).

image widget
                    Better post now.

Comment

Capture-JPGfggrf.jpg

Comment

in the beginning
                        Attached Files

Comment

Funny what Tony said about Bill delivering the news to Ozzy in that piece.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                            Isnít the eponymous debutís anniversary on February 13th 2020?

You are right it was recorded on October 16th 1969.

Happy anniversary to the greatest album ever recorded in the annals of music history, the best there ever was and the best there ever is and will be!!!!!!
                            Tell us how you really feel. It's my favorite Ozzy album and the title track is my favorite Sabbath song of Ozzy.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKEST LIGHT View Post

Tell us how you really feel. It's my favorite Ozzy album and the title track is my favorite Sabbath song of Ozzy.
                              Good to hear DL.
                              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                              ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Happy 50th anniversary today, March 21st, of the airing of Devil's Island on BBC's Top Gear programme. Recorded November 11th, 1969 it was not until this date in 1970 that this track was broadcast. Please, someone release this session!

Comment

Working...
                                X