Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

harmonica in 70s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• harmonica in 70s

Has anyone heard why Sabbath didn't* play "The Wizard" live in the 70s and why Ozzy, for a while, stopped playing harmonica? Any interviews or anything? The only thing I've found so far is an interview in a French magazine from just before making Master of Reality saying that Ozzy is thinking about playing some on their next album, but his harmonica playing "c'est fin."

*It's possible they did, but I have yet to see any evidence that they did.

It seems odd that they would omit it considering they didn't have many originals to pull from to create a set list. There are two plausible reasons that I've been thinking about: 1) Ozzy, and/or others, weren't confident with his technical capabilities on the harmonica, and/or 2) they were trying to shed their blues roots and image and be "heavy rock" and the use of a harmonica kept them closer to the blues.
    Last edited by nolanstolz; 10-19-2019, 11:59 PM.

The Wizard is one of my favorite songs.

Comment

Working...
    X