Can you stomach Ozzy ballads? Vote for your favourite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you stomach Ozzy ballads? Vote for your favourite

I do love a good Ozzy ballad. Looking at the list, most of them are pretty great.
    Goodbye To Romance
    40.00%
    So Tired
    20.00%
    Fire In The Sky
    13.33%
    Mama I'm Coming Home
    0.00%
    Time After Time
    0.00%
    Road To Nowhere
    6.67%
    See You On The Other Side
    6.67%
    Old LA Tonight
    6.67%
    Dreamer
    0.00%
    Time
    6.67%

I think this poll should be in the Side, Solo, & Related Bands and Projects section. Regardless, I voted for Goodbye to Romance.

Ted

Comment

Agree with Ted Sallis. This should be in the Side and Solo section.

This was a tough choice. I like all of Ozzy's ballads.

Comment

Yeah while it's not what I want from him the man's beautifully ugly voice just works on his ballads.

Comment

Fire in the sky is the best one here and got my vote.

Comment

Voted Road To Nowhere, that song just strikes emotions in me, all in all I love them all, just like Ozzy loves us all.
            Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 12-07-2019, 01:45 PM.
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
            ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Since we're discussing ballads during Ozzy's solo career, personally, I would add Tonight and You're No Different to this list.

From the poll I like the first four, but voted for So Tired.

The other six songs are awful!

Comment

Originally posted by Towelie View Post
                I do love a good Ozzy ballad. Looking at the list, most of them are pretty great.
                I'm not an Ozzy solo maniac , tho I know it inside and out ,,, but I will say where on earth is TONIGHT and YOU'RE NO DIFFERENT ..... is YOU CAN'T KILL ROCK AND ROLL a ballad ?? ,, if so , I vote for all 3

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                  Voted Road To Nowhere, that song just strikes emotions in me, all in all I love them all, just like Ozzy loves us all.
                  What's your second choice OID?

Comment

Originally posted by ronn View Post
                    What's your second choice OID?
                    My second which is not listed on here is Revelation (Mother Earth)
                    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

It's not about stomaching them, it's about enjoying them!

Goodbye To Romance is of course one of Ozzy's trademark songs from the beginning, never to fade away.

So Tired is a nice interlude amidst the heavier stuff, same thing with Fire In The Sky.

Mama I'm Coming Home must be the most epic of these ballads, the epitome of Ozzy's ballads. Time After Time is a nice play too in between crunchier riffings.

Road To Nowhere could be my favourite of all these. A great tune for sure...

See You On The Other Side is one of the best in this group, same thing with Old LA Tonight, both have a great (but dark) mood all over them. All I like is the album, but not the era...fucking mid-90's...

Dreamer is a song we hear from the radio all the time...but it's a great song that I always welcome.
                      "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

The classic ones yes, modern ones not so much.

I voted for " So Tired" as my favorite.

Enjoy Fire In The Sky and Hero.

I like Time After Time but don't go much on Road To Nowhere- it feels way too Sunset Strip for me (like a lot of NMT-but that's another story).

Some of the Ozzmosis ballads are a bit ham fisted but Ozzy sounds amazing and the melodies are lush.

Don't like Dreamer at all or Time

Comment

Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
                          The classic ones yes, modern ones not so much.

I voted for " So Tired" as my favorite.

Enjoy Fire In The Sky and Hero.

I like Time After Time but don't go much on Road To Nowhere- it feels way too Sunset Strip for me (like a lot of NMT-but that's another story).

Some of the Ozzmosis ballads are a bit ham fisted but Ozzy sounds amazing and the melodies are lush.

Don't like Dreamer at all or Time
                          You should give Time another try. That's a great song.

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                            I'm not an Ozzy solo maniac , tho I know it inside and out ,,, but I will say where on earth is TONIGHT and YOU'RE NO DIFFERENT ..... is YOU CAN'T KILL ROCK AND ROLL a ballad ?? ,, if so , I vote for all 3
                            Great choices Doc.

Comment

I will get flamed for this. I know it. One of my favourites is “Old LA Tonight” it holds a special place in my heart. Some of you gents probably know I love Ozzmosis. Ozzy sounded so good on this album. But reallly, I like mostly OZzy’s ballads

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X