Opinions on Vol 4 album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    Everybody on BSO , read this "RollingStone" review of VOL 4 , from December 7th 1972 , back around the time this album was released , FOR A PERFECT description why ALL 10 TRACKS on this beast , formulate into one of the most "Beautiful" pieces of music in the Black Sabbath catalog.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rol...l-4-91397/amp/
    Great read Doc, thank you I enjoyed reading that very much!
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

I would place Vol.4 at 3rd place in my appraisal of BS albums, right behind Paranoid and MOR (both tied for #1).

Ted

Comment

Vol4 is my favourite Sabbath album, it marks the pinnacle of the "heavy era" for me . That said it also has Changes on it, which is the only Sabbath song I cant bear to listen to.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
          I see it as their "transition" album (or more accurately, their first transition album) into the more "complex" and varied arrangements of the following albums.
          I agree with the above statement. Vol.4 would be my 3rd favourite Sabbath album, behind Paranoid and MOR. My favourite songs are Snowblind, Supernaut and Cornucopia.

Ted

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
            A PERFECT description why ALL 10 TRACKS on this beast , formulate into one of the most "Beautiful" pieces of music in the Black Sabbath catalog.rl]
            V4 has always been my favorite Sabbath album. Incredibly heavy yet diverse. WOC is a masterpiece and Supernaut is a beast.
            Last edited by mds; 01-20-2020, 10:19 AM.

Comment

I don't listen to it as much as, say, Master Of Reality or Paranoid, but once I hear the beginning of Wheels Of Confusion I'm hooked.
              The tunes on it are great, but there's something about the sound and vibe for me that just doesn't live up to the first three records.
              Also, this might be a bit of an unpopular opinion, but I like Sabotage a little bit better.
              Still, Vol. 4 rules and it has possibly my favorite album cover(very close second being Heaven and Hell)

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricFuneral View Post
                I don't listen to it as much as, say, Master Of Reality or Paranoid, but once I hear the beginning of Wheels Of Confusion I'm hooked.
                The tunes on it are great, but there's something about the sound and vibe for me that just doesn't live up to the first three records.
                Also, this might be a bit of an unpopular opinion, but I like Sabotage a little bit better.
                Still, Vol. 4 rules and it has possibly my favorite album cover(very close second being Heaven and Hell)
                Vol. 4 is an iconic album cover like Never Say Die!
                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Working...
                X