Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Recorded Paranoid on porta studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recorded Paranoid on porta studio

Het Sab fans. I have been listening to Sabbath for over 20 years and still going strong. Anyway I recorded the song Paranoid on my new 8 track hard drive recorer...what better way to break it in then with a Sabbath tune.

go here and give a listen and tell me what you think.

http://bandmix.ca/profile900.html

Re: Recorded Paranoid on porta studio

Overall, I thought the song was very well done. The guitar playing was awesome and the vocals weren't half bad at all, especially when compared to most of todays screaming metal singers. Overall, I would give the song a solid 9 out of 10 and I look forward to hearing some more songs if you decide to post some more.

Comment

Good stuff, man.

Comment

Very well done!
        The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

Welcome to the Board!

That is pretty good man, I hope you do more
          Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

Comment

Welcome!

I like it. I hope you do some more Sabbath songs.

Comment

Thanks everone for the posative feed back. I will try and post another sabbath tune in a few weeks.

Comment

Man, beein honest, the instrumental is pretty cool, but if you acept my advice, you should turn a little up the bass, īcause I canīt hear it on your track, and sugest to the singer to sing with a little more... anger, yeah, anger, fury!
                Can't you see what I see
                You and I victims of Their word
                As the master of power
                Try to poison our world
                ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

Thanks for the feed back. It is really appreciated. I recorded Paranoid at home and did everything except the drums. It was recorded an a brand new Tascam 8 track hard drive recorder. This was the first thing I recorded with it so it was a bit of a learning curve. I really do not like my vocals but I hear you about a little more emotion in the voice. Again I agree about the Bass ...I am not a good bass player so I guess I had it to low in the mix.
                  This was my first real home recording that I would let a stranger listen to it. The whole process from start to finish including mix was about 3 hours...and it shows.

Thanks again..I will never forget what Ted Nugent said once and I quote " The more you want to sound better the more you have to sound bad "

Here is an original song I wrote years ago....I like the song but it has no feel as I used a drum machine and for my music that was a big mistake.

http://bandmix.ca/profile202.html

Comment

Working...
                  X