Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Never Say die - a question

[ QUOTE ]
    I think it's Ozzy. He can sing pretty low. Or they dropped his voice an octave in the studio...Were they able to even do that back in 78 when they made it?
    He did the same thing on Electric Funeral.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah, the way I guess is they just slow the speed down
    "I want to tell you, yeah
    How Good It Feels
    Sleeping here with you tonight
    And thatís for real"
    -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

Actually, they would speed the tape up while recording it, and then play it back at the normal speed.

When I was a kid, I used to assume that was Tony saying that line. Yeah, ok I was stupid, but then I used to stare at the NSD album cover for hours on end trying to make out all of those little semi-hidden pictures in the clouds. Think maybe I should have been doing something more productive? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Real scary, I have a recording program that allows me to change the pitch of songs, and I inserted never say die and took it up a couple of steps and messed around with it, and I can conclude that it is definatly Ward. To back this up I have recrorded samples of several low voices and turned it up and it still has the same sort of tone as the person who spoke it, this sounds nothing like Ozzy what-so-ever.

Comment

Zach, care posting those samples?

Comment

Somebody call a forensic scientist.

Comment

i'll post em tonight

Comment

It's Ozzy!

Comment

Elvis did not sing the last line of Way Down. JD Summner of his backup singers The Stamps Quartet sang the note and it was not pitch altered, it was his natural voice. That is in the guinness world book as the lowest note ever recorded by a human voice.

Comment

It’s Ozzy, seriously anyone who loves and knows Ozzy, knows it’s him, just like Solitude.
                    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                      Itís Ozzy, seriously anyone who loves and knows Ozzy, knows itís him, just like Solitude.

Exactly.

There's no mistaking that voice...I'm always amazed when people can't recognise the distinctive voice of a singer like Ozzy, Alice, Dio, Axl Rose...those one of a kind voices.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
                        Exactly.

There's no mistaking that voice...I'm always amazed when people usa today protonmail can't recognise the distinctive voice of a singer like Ozzy, Alice, Dio, Axl Rose...those one of a kind voices.
                        I think it's Ozzy.
                        Last edited by adamto99; 11-17-2019, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by adamto99 View Post
                          I think it's Ozzy.

Bon Scott also
                          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                          ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Working...
                          X