Never Say die - a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never Say die - a question

i listened to Never say die (song)again and i took notice of the ending, does anyone know who says "Never Say Die" at the end of the song? i dont think it sounds like Ozzy
    SDMF - CEMS for life!

Re: Never Say die - a question

I think it's Ozzy.
    I'm just a man and I am what I am,
    Nobody will ever change my ways.

Comment

Ozzy

more than likely it's a studio tweak but I've never heard anything to lead us to think otherwise.

Comment

yeah i thought it may of been a studio teak like at the start of iron man when ozzy says "i am iron man!"
        SDMF - CEMS for life!

Comment

I have always understood it to be Bill Ward. I believe I read that somewhere a long time ago.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I have always understood it to be Bill Ward. I believe I read that somewhere a long time ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

nope its Ozzy. Listen to Tomorrow on his Ozzmosis album
            "I want to tell you, yeah
            How Good It Feels
            Sleeping here with you tonight
            And thatís for real"
            -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree here, Ozzy's voice in Tomorrow is amazing, too bad he can't sing like that now...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are likely correct, I got confused and was actually thinking about who says Electric Funeral when I answered Bill Ward rather than who says Never Say Die.

Comment

I maintain that it's BILL WARD at the end of Never say die!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Relax, we are not going to kill you or something like that. Do you have any special reason to think it's Bill Ward?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Relax, we are not going to kill you or something like that. Do you have any special reason to think it's Bill Ward?

[/ QUOTE ] Oh no man,i'm relax,and it was said without any defense [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Maintain is just a term that i use! Well,if you listen to Swinging the chain or It's alright, you'll probably remark that the intonation or the color of his voice is the same(of course, it's not so low with the voice but you can guess that it's Bill Ward) and on the live Never say die video in 78',nobody does the end...The sound of the voice is very NATURAL and i don't think that OZZY,even with his lowest voice, could sounding like that! And also,if you listen to THE WRIT,in the middle of the song,there is two voices which are singing in the same time and OZZY is the high voice and BILL WARD is the lower voice! It's because of all that that i think that it's Bill Ward.

Comment

It's possible, but I still think It's Ozzy, it just sounds like him.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] And also,if you listen to THE WRIT,in the middle of the song,there is two voices which are singing in the same time and OZZY is the high voice and BILL WARD is the lower voice! It's because of all that that i think that it's Bill Ward.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never heard this story. Bill's admitted to the things he's done with the band but never has he ever admitted, or any of the others for that matter, that he sang back-ups on The Writ.

Comment

I think it's Ozzy. He can sing pretty low. Or they dropped his voice an octave in the studio...Were they able to even do that back in 78 when they made it?
                            He did the same thing on Electric Funeral.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I think it's Ozzy. He can sing pretty low. Or they dropped his voice an octave in the studio...Were they able to even do that back in 78 when they made it?

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, e.g. Elvis Presley - 'Way Down', at the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X