Ozzy era demos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ozzy era demos

You know there was demos.But they have hidden them well.Ever band in the world has demo. Why sabbath holds back on fans is another story.

Comment

ok, calm down. As I am on this board for almost a year I have never seen a thread about those basement tapes or demos and you are my biggest source of information. So forgive me. And also I posted it a little bit too early because today somebody told me they are fakes [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I feel awful. But as I wrote I wouldn`t believe it until I heard it.

so ok no demos, let`s just hope they will finally be released!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        You know there was demos.But they have hidden them well.Ever band in the world has demo. Why sabbath holds back on fans is another story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you know, I think most bands and artist don't wish the fans to hear their demos, unless they officially released them. But I guess some of them might hide them better than others. I'm certain there are demos from this era of Sabbath too, but these must be locked somewhere along with the master tapes. Ozzy often described the recording process during the 70s as "we would play in the studio for hours, recording everything, and then cut and paste the best parts together", which means where you have the master tapes, you should find the demos and outtakes. It's a shame nothing surfaced so far.
        Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.
        "Black Sabbath : la BÍte venue de Birmingham"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          ok, calm down. As I am on this board for almost a year I have never seen a thread about those basement tapes or demos and you are my biggest source of information. So forgive me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I shouldn't have reacted this strong, but this subject has been dealt with dozens of times, and the last time was like 3 weeks ago, so...

[ QUOTE ]
          And also I posted it a little bit too early because today somebody told me they are fakes [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I feel awful. But as I wrote I wouldn`t believe it until I heard it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be ashamed, these fake demos have been fooling a lot of people these past years. I myself didn't look for these only because a friend of mine had told me what they were. Later when I got the opportunity to listen to them I understood why I had been told these weren't even worth hearing. The poor soul who created these fakes didn't even bother to make them sound real, the thing is just pitiful. Anyway, glad my little advice helped you [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.
          "Black Sabbath : la BÍte venue de Birmingham"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

as i've said, they could've destroyed the demos after they were not needed anymore. is that not a possibility?
            -rar

Comment

Chances are they may have gone ahead and destroyed the demos, but it’s the copies that were given out to distributors, broadcasters and funders that usually turn up.

Comment

They may have erased some of them and reused the tape. They probably thought "who the hell would want our demos?" lol

Comment

While I'm not at liberty to elaborate on this, I will say that there ARE in fact some unreleased (and uncirculated) studio recordings from the 70's. Some are demos, but others are simply alternate takes of the songs that made the albums. You won't find these on any bootlegs making the rounds at the moment. The people who have these tapes are holding them out of loyalty to the band or for other 'political' reasons. I suspect that some may inevitably get leaked, but others may sadly rot on the reels that hold them.....

Comment

Working...
                  X