Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Ozzy era demos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozzy era demos

Anyone else think that its weird that there are no demos from when Sabbath debut came out till after NSD with Ozzy. The only Ozzy demos known to exist are the Earth demos, the H&H two or three tracks, and the 2001 sessions. At Sabbathlive Rob says that any denos he has come across with Ozzy are fake (ex. Sabotage demos).

However demos from every other singer do exist, including obscure ones such as Fenholt and Donato.
    "I want to tell you, yeah
    How Good It Feels
    Sleeping here with you tonight
    And thatís for real"
    -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Re: Ozzy era demos

I think there has to be demo tapes of some kind. How can they just record songs like Wheels Of Confusion, Sabbra Cadabra, Megalomania, etc, on the fly?? They had to have recorded some kind of tape to allow them to arrange the songs and such...

Comment

Hmm, interesting indeed... I just wish Tony would release all the recording of Sabbath he has...that would be tits.

Comment

is that a synonym for really great?

anyway, i should think they had to record something. maybe they protected it well or destroyed them after they weren't needed...possible...
        -rar

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a question for you. Are tits great? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
          How Good It Feels
          And thatís for real"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a question for you. Are tite great? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have an answer for you. Yes.

Comment

I have an old recording of war pigs with its original lyrics. that a demo?

Comment

thats a live performace from the Ozzman Cometh
                How Good It Feels
                And thatís for real"

Comment

What are the Earth demos ?

Comment

well there is a 23 second clip of a song called The Rebel, anda cover of When I Came Down. These are songs the guys pplayed when they were still called Earth
                    How Good It Feels
                    And thatís for real"

Comment

there are basement tapes of war pigs, fairies wear boots, and behind the wall of sleep. lately I`ve come across Looking for today and National acrobat demo, but I don`t have it yet. I was very shocked when I saw it and until I hear it I won`t believe it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        there are basement tapes of war pigs, fairies wear boots, and behind the wall of sleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

ARGH !!!! Is it possible some people on these boards still believe the so-called "Basement Tapes" were actually demos ?!? For the hundredth time, these four tracks (you forgot "Black Sabbath") were recorded live at the BBC in London, UK, on the 04/26/70 for John Peel's "Sunday Show". The audience and applause have been edited out to make them sound as demos for Ozzy's "Ozzman Cometh" compilation.

[ QUOTE ]
                        lately I`ve come across Looking for today and National acrobat demo, but I don`t have it yet. I was very shocked when I saw it and until I hear it I won`t believe it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If those are the same that have been circulated for a few years as "Sabbath's Bloody Demos", then don't even bother listening. These are really the album tracks on which some EQ and reverb have been added. Nothing but lame fakes. Awful :-(

As of today, except for a short sample of "The Rebel" (which was recorded when the band was still called Earth), and one minute from "When I came Down" which was written by Norman Haynes for Black Sabbath to become their first single but was shelved because the band didn't like it), there is no other true demo from the 70s being circulating currently.
                        Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.
                        "Black Sabbath : la BÍte venue de Birmingham"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a question for you. Are tite great? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have an answer for you. Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously thats why i said it.
                          -rar

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]
                            there are basement tapes of war pigs, fairies wear boots, and behind the wall of sleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

ARGH !!!! Is it possible some people on these boards still believe the so-called "Basement Tapes" were actually demos ?!? For the hundredth time, these four tracks (you forgot "Black Sabbath") were recorded live at the BBC in London, UK, on the 04/26/70 for John Peel's "Sunday Show". The audience and applause have been edited out to make them sound as demos for Ozzy's "Ozzman Cometh" compilation.

[ QUOTE ]
                            lately I`ve come across Looking for today and National acrobat demo, but I don`t have it yet. I was very shocked when I saw it and until I hear it I won`t believe it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If those are the same that have been circulated for a few years as "Sabbath's Bloody Demos", then don't even bother listening. These are really the album tracks on which some EQ and reverb have been added. Nothing but lame fakes. Awful :-(

As of today, except for a short sample of "The Rebel" (which was recorded when the band was still called Earth), and one minute from "When I came Down" which was written by Norman Haynes for Black Sabbath to become their first single but was shelved because the band didn't like it), there is no other true demo from the 70s being circulating currently.

[/ QUOTE ]

that sucks, but why is it so hard for people to absorb that those were live performances? why did ozzy rerelease them? isnt that sabbath's job? that I don't get, but what became of the Behind the Wall of Sleep and Fairies Wear Boots ones? I'd like to hear BtWoS...I heard it's got that extra verse and different ending, which i have on guitar pro but i want to hear it.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
                            -rar

Comment

its on a second disc that was available for a limited time. check eBay
                              How Good It Feels
                              And thatís for real"

Comment

Working...
                              X