Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

War Pigs and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath shouldnt be played?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War Pigs and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath shouldnt be played?

I read over at the Swedish wikipedia that:

"Efter terrorattentaten mot World Trade Center och Pentagon den 11 september 2001 skickades en lista ut i USA på sånger som inte borde spelas på radio under en tid då de kunde väcka känslor. Två av Black Sabbaths låtar var listade, "War Pigs" och "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath"."

After the terror attacks against World Trade Center and Pentagon the 11th September 2001 a list was sent all over America containg songs that shouldn't be played at the radio during a time to not "cause feelings".
    Two of Black Sabbath's songs was listed: War Pigs and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.

Is this true?

The blood runs free
    The rain turns red
    Give me the wine you keep the bread

Re: War Pigs and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath shouldnt be played?

Never heard that one before.

Comment

Re: War Pigs and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath shouldnt be pla

Well there was a list of "do not play" songs being sent to radio stations, but I dont think those 2 songs were on it. I'm pretty sure I saw the real list on the English wikipedia.

Comment

Im not to sure about that list but I know War Pigs and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath are very common to be play on my local radio, so Im pretty sure they were not play.
        Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

Comment

its kinda ironic on acount of War Pigs is about government corruption and such and the theory (in wshich I strongly believe) that the US government was behind the whole 911 attack
          "I want to tell you, yeah
          How Good It Feels
          Sleeping here with you tonight
          And that’s for real"
          -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

I remember that it was only four days after Hurricane Katrina that they started playing "Rock You Like A Hurricane" again.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Well there was a list of "do not play" songs being sent to radio stations, but I dont think those 2 songs were on it. I'm pretty sure I saw the real list on the English wikipedia.

[/ QUOTE ]
              what did you search?
              -rar

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                its kinda ironic on acount of War Pigs is about government corruption and such and the theory (in wshich I strongly believe) that the US government was behind the whole 911 attack

[/ QUOTE ]

hey now there's something to think about. not to cause any political discussion it just made me think...
                -rar

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell???????

Thats insane [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey now there's something to think about. not to cause any political discussion it just made me think...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll send you a PM that will change your life
                    "I want to tell you, yeah
                    How Good It Feels
                    Sleeping here with you tonight
                    And that’s for real"
                    -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

Can you also send me a pm that will change my life. I have been arguing about how bad President Bush is to my parents who are in favor of him and the war and I could always use some extra info to back my own opinion.

Comment

yeah there were some really wierd songs on the dont play list, and yeah im sure i saw war pigs on the list..... hmmmmm.....lol.... along with others, helter skelter comes to mind too....
                        SDMF - CEMS for life!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Can you also send me a pm that will change my life. I have been arguing about how bad President Bush is to my parents who are in favor of him and the war and I could always use some extra info to back my own opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just don't get into a debate with Joey, my friend. He's never lost a political debate and he is for Bush and the War in Iraq and he has amazing reasons and proof. Everybody who argues with him walks away in silence haha.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just don't get into a debate with Joey, my friend. He's never lost a political debate and he is for Bush and the War in Iraq and he has amazing reasons and proof. Everybody who argues with him walks away in silence haha.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i used to be like that. until dad said "hey son, come here and look at this....." my jaw hit the ground..

now i kno that it shouldnt get political. but i am goin to say this, now that they have realesed that "new footage" all footage should be allowed to be realesed. cause it WOULD HAVE the same information on it, wouldnt it, if they dont realese it, then somethings wrong isnt there.....
                            SDMF - CEMS for life!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I remember that it was only four days after Hurricane Katrina that they started playing "Rock You Like A Hurricane" again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I remember it being weeks before I heard Zeppelin's "When The Levee Breaks" again.

Yeah, I do remember seeing the "do not play" list and I believe those Sabbath songs were on it. But the story behind it is a little off-- the rumor was that Clear Channel (a U.S. company with many radio affiliates) sent out a list to all of its affiliates forbidding them from playing these songs. In reality, this list was sent out, but it was still left up to the affiliates to play whatever they wanted. The list was just supposed to be a guide.

The full list, as well as an explanation, can be found here: http://www.snopes.com/rumors/radio.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X