Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Bill Ward Black Sabbath songs

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/bill...sabbath-songs/

I came across this list while reading about Black Sabbath online, I found it neat that that website decided to make a list of Black Sabbath songs featuring Bill Ward in them to celebrate his presence in the band since he didn't make it onto 13.

Also, I was really happy to discover that Bill was on Trashed, my favorite song so far from the Born Again album, thanks to that list. Now that I'm re-listening to it, I can clearly hear it's Bill on the drums.

Now inspired by the list I posted in the link, I'll post my Top 4 Bill Ward Black Sabbath songs and why myself:

4.) Children of the Grave - I really dig the rat-a-tats Bill does on the album version of Children of the Grave, it sounds like rain to me which makes listening to this song perfect on a rainy day.
    3.) War Pigs- There's so much variation in Bill's drumming in this song, it's really insane and creative.
    2.) Symptom of the Universe- I really dig Bill's cymbals and insane drumming near the beginning of the song, so thunderous and mighty.
    1.) Megalomania- Especially in live versions of this 10 minute Sabbath monster, in the 2nd half of the song when the main riff of the song kicks in, like War Pigs, Bill does a great job at varying up his drumming. It's awesome to hear truly.

So what say you, BSO? What are your favorite Bill Sabbath songs and optionally why?
    ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
    and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

My fav Bill song is Hole In The Sky. He absolutely swings

Comment

That's a great choice, mds!

Comment

Gotta give Behind The Wall Of Sleep the nod for my favorite Bill Ward performance on record. I love that swing.

Comment

Nice, Behind The Wall Of Sleep is a song I don't see mentioned often on this forum so great choice of song for favorite Bill Ward performance!

Comment

For groove and dare I say "funk"...it's hard to go past 'The Wizard'.
            For pure bombast and crazy fills that almost consume themselves, it has to be 'Symptom Of The Universe'.
            There is something important to be said

Comment

Originally posted by universaltongue View Post
              Gotta give Behind The Wall Of Sleep the nod for my favorite Bill Ward performance on record. I love that swing.
              Great choice.

Comment

Working...
              X