Intro/outro titles for Sabbath songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro/outro titles for Sabbath songs

We all know that some Sabbath songs from the earliest years of the band used to have their own titles for their intros/outros. It would be nice to have a complete overview of these.
    These are the ones that I know of:

- "Wasp" (intro to "Behind the Wall of Sleep")
    - "Bassically" (intro to "N.I.B.")
    - "A Bit of Finger" (outro to "Sleeping Village")
    - "Luke's Wall" (outro to "War Pigs")
    - "Jack the Stripper" (intro to "Fairies Wear Boots")
    - "The Elegy" (intro to "After Forever")
    - "The Haunting" (outro to "Children of the Grave")
    - "Deathmask" (intro to "Into the Void")
    - "The Straightener" (outro to "Wheels of Confusion")
    - "Every Day Comes and Goes" (outro (or bridge?) to "Under the Sun")

Are these all of them or are there more?

Some people would also claim that for example "A Bit of Finger" is the acoustic intro to "Sleeping Village", and that "Jack the Stripper" is the outro to "Fairies Wear Boots" etc.. That depends on who you ask, but the way I wrote it down on the list above is the way it makes most sense to me.

https://www.loudersound.com/features...r-secret-songs ... A great read you will enjoy ,, it will also give you the title names and song locations that you are missing from the Sabbath Bloody Sabbath album .... GOD BLESS

Comment

On my copy of Vol 4 (Not first pressing but Burbank label) it is spelled 'Straightner' which I think was corrected on later pressings.

For those in the US and other places who don't know, a Straightener is British slang for a fight to sort things out.

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
        https://www.loudersound.com/features...r-secret-songs ... A great read you will enjoy ,, it will also give you the title names and song locations that you are missing from the Sabbath Bloody Sabbath album .... GOD BLESS
        Perfect. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X