If Sabbath does record new album?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Sabbath does record new album?

If Sabbath does record a new album what would you want it to sound like? Paranoid II? SABBATH BLOODY SABBATH LIKE? SAB 2020? A modern version like maybe Fusion II but with Ozzy on vocals?
    "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

I'd want it to have that Black Sabbath x factor to it, which I'll attempt to describe. Inspired fresh riffs, epic bass lines that compliment said riffs, creative drumming, and a vocalist that's not considered a "good" singer. I'd prefer the lyrics to have impact, something that speaks out to me. In that area, I'd like Sabbath to surprise me. Actually in general, I'd like Sabbath to surprise me with what they could deliver in a new album. Perhaps there's still some of the x factor that I'm missing in my description, but make no mistake, there's definitely an x factor to Sabbath's music that continues to draw me to their music regardless of the era and line up.
    ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
    and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

Comment

yea "surprise" like we were all the time thru the 70's ... SBS was a great surprise sophisticated album and song writing but backed by the same strong heavy riffs!
      "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
      R. Blackmore

Comment

IMO the bonus tracks from '13' and the four studio tracks that made up 'The End' were relatively surprising compared to what we got on '13' itself (which was still cool, IMO). I'd love them to go even further than that.

Comment

I'd be happy if it had a song like "I." I know that was Dio era, but I love that song.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy Chevy View Post
            I'd be happy if it had a song like "I." I know that was Dio era, but I love that song.
            My favorite song off the album, great song, that and Too Late.

"Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
            ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Too Late Ruled!

Comment

Working...
              X