What songs did Ozzy write Lyrics to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What songs did Ozzy write Lyrics to?

I know he wrote Looking For Today said he was eating breakfast reading the paper and was inspired... AM I GOING INSANE (WAS THE TITLE TRACK TO A SOLO ALBUM NEVER COMPLETED OR RELEASED) Who Are You also I think... does anyone know others?
    "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Jr.'s Eyes?
    "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Comment

The only ones I'm certain about (where Ozzy contributed a large portion of the lyrics, if not all) are:
      Who Are You?
      Psycho Man
      Selling My Soul
      Methademic

Never heard about Looking For Today.
      I've read that Am I Going Insane (Radio) was supposedly for a Ozzy solo album, so it would make sense that he would have written it. However, he also didn't like the song on Sabotage whether it was the song itself or just it's inclusion on the album, I don't know.
      I don't think he wrote Junior's Eyes. Mainly he just didn't want to sing the version written when Dave Walker was in the band.

Comment

but was Jr.'s Eye's about his father?
        R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
          but was Jr.'s Eye's about his father?
          Yes, it's about the death of his father. But that doesn't necessarily mean he wrote the song.

Comment

I've read that Ozzy (also) wrote the lyrics for the songs Black Sabbath and Fairies Wear Boots.

Ted

Comment

Solitude (below) and geezer had said Rock & Roll Doctor,Im Sure Had Input on lyrics here & there ,even Spock Wall had hand in lyrics (from book / how black was our sabbath)
              011.jpg

Comment

Those handwritten lyrics are so cool to see again, thanks Mike.

Comment

Working...
                X