No announcement yet.

'Paranoid' Super Deluxe Edition To Be Released On Vinyl For 50th Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Paranoid' Super Deluxe Edition To Be Released On Vinyl For 50th Anniversary

Here's another vinyl reissue from the Ozzy era of Sabbath, but this time adding a concert from Montreux in 1970 along with appears to me to be the previously released Brussels 1970 gig. I know the likelihood of proper Vol.4, SBS and/or Sabotage Deluxe Edition CDs (2 discs w/studio outtakes) being released has been dismissed here by Joe S. but offerings such as this can't help but whelp my appetite for something much better.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bl...h-anniversary/

Ted

Originally posted by Ted Sallis View Post
    Here's another vinyl reissue from the Ozzy era of Sabbath, but this time adding a concert from Montreux in 1970 along with appears to me to be the previously released Brussels 1970 gig. I know the likelihood of proper Vol.4, SBS and/or Sabotage Deluxe Edition CDs (2 discs w/studio outtakes) being released has been dismissed here by Joe S. but offerings such as this can't help but whelp my appetite for something much better.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bl...h-anniversary/

Ted
    Thanks Ted for the heads up!

"Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

It's a shame we didn't get a special edition for the eponymous' 50th anniversary.
      Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 08-07-2020, 09:43 AM.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Is this 5LP’s and 4 CD‘s in the one box set?

it didn’t mention that in the set only spoke about the 5 LPs.

Would anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post

Would anyone know?
          Good question - in the 'unboxing' image above the article it only shows the 4 LPs so possibly it will be either/or and not both?

Ted

Comment

It's a shame we didn't get a special edition for the eponymous' 50th anniversary.
            We do have the proper 2CD Deluxe Edition of the debut album from 2009 but I'm pretty sure there's more unreleased material that could have been added to a 50th Anniversary release.

Ted

Comment

Good question - in the 'unboxing' image above the article it only shows the 4 LPs so possibly it will be either/or and not both?

Ted
              In the article it mentions 5LP/4 CD box set, but in the pictures it only shows the LP's along with the other stuff included, but no CD's.

Comment

In the article it mentions 5LP/4 CD box set, but in the pictures it only shows the LP's along with the other stuff included, but no CD's.
                The other possibility is that the release will be LPs only and the 4 CD mentioned in the article was an error.

Ted

Comment

The other possibility is that the release will be LPs only and the 4 CD mentioned in the article was an error.

Ted
                  Could be, well whatever turns out, it is what it is, I preordered it already,looking forward to it as I do everything Sabbath.

Thanks again for letting us know Ted.

Comment

Thanks again for letting us know Ted.
                    You're welcome OID. Personally I think the release should be CDs only, but I assume there's still enough interest in vinyl to warrant LPs.

Ted

Comment

You're welcome OID. Personally I think the release should be CDs only, but I assume there's still enough interest in vinyl to warrant LPs.

Ted
                      I get everything Sabbath CDs, LPs, even if they released 8 Tracks I'd still get it.

Comment

Would anyone know?
                        No. They're separate releases. The vinyl is new. The 4 CD is more or less (but not exactly) a reissue of the same thing from a couple of years ago.

Guys, this isn't a huge thing. I have a story on my site, doesn't anyone look there?!?

https://www.black-sabbath.com/2020/0...eluxe-edition/

They even have separate catalog numbers in the images.
                        Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                        View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post

No. They're separate releases. The vinyl is new. The 4 CD is more or less (but not exactly) a reissue of the same thing from a couple of years ago.

Guys, this isn't a huge thing. I have a story on my site, doesn't anyone look there?!?

https://www.black-sabbath.com/2020/0...eluxe-edition/

They even have separate catalog numbers in the images.
                          Thanks Joe I'll check it out.

Joe I just read your article it doesn't say much about the CDs, what's different from the CD box set we already have, the LP box set I'm getting, but I'd like to know what's slighty different about the CD box set from what we already have?
                          Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 08-11-2020, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X