Who owns the Black Sabbath trademark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by black zeppelin View Post
    It's hard to believe , because it is incorrect .....

Back To Eden, if it's not 50%. Do you know what it is?

Unfortunately BZ, nobody here knows the exact percentage because the case was settled out of court. In other words, it never went to trial. Hence, the terms (of their "agreement") were never made public.

Rightly or wrongly, that seems to be the norm with most of these types of lawsuits that countless musicians file (for the most part).

That said, Ozzy was clearly satisfied with the outcome. Otherwise, 13 and the tour to support it would've never happened. My opinion, mind you. 😑

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post

He did win it was split 50/50 Ozzy Tony .. funny Ozzy wanted to split 4 ways EQUALLY when Tony had 100% to himself.
      ... fair point Wicked. That "feeling" on Ozzy's part didn't last long!

Comment

[QUOTE=BACK TO EDEN;n647220]
        Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post

Sharon is out of her mind , the Black Sabbath "name" and Black Sabbath "trademark" are marketed under 2 different set of rules - and NEW , not already existing material , must fall under the "trademark" rules , giving Sharon a "quasi" piece of the pie ... and limiting Iommi on how he can market NON Ozzy Era Sabbath - but can easily still be done.

Going with blindfolds here from what I remember from the final papers - The Sabbath "name" is 75% Iommi , 25% Ozzy ,, Non Oz era 100% Iommi , yet somehow Geezer , Ward , Dio , Martin (TYR only?) and Powell still get some kind of royalties from the "name" ,, sidenote 'Heaven n Hell' , the band , if I remember correctly is 20% Vinny (great score!) 80% split evenly between Iommi , Geezer , Dio ,, Oz era "trademark" 50% Iommi (actually a tad higher based on Sabbath "name" past Oz era merchandising) , 50% Ozzy (but more control on how future Oz era material is marketed) - Geezer and Ward still somehow get some kind of certain royalties based on the situation from the Sabbath "name" ,, Geezer also gets 33% of concert "merchandise" and what we call 'pay and play' - is more than you might think (Geezer does very well).

From my understanding , Sharon is a tad high on herself and a bit full of sh*t.
        hahahha
        "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
        R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post

Sharon is out of her mind , the Black Sabbath "name" and Black Sabbath "trademark" are marketed under 2 different set of rules - and NEW , not already existing material , must fall under the "trademark" rules , giving Sharon a "quasi" piece of the pie ... and limiting Iommi on how he can market NON Ozzy Era Sabbath - but can easily still be done.

Going with blindfolds here from what I remember from the final papers - The Sabbath "name" is 75% Iommi , 25% Ozzy ,, Non Oz era 100% Iommi , yet somehow Geezer , Ward , Dio , Martin (TYR only?) and Powell still get some kind of royalties from the "name" ,, sidenote 'Heaven n Hell' , the band , if I remember correctly is 20% Vinny (great score!) 80% split evenly between Iommi , Geezer , Dio ,, Oz era "trademark" 50% Iommi (actually a tad higher based on Sabbath "name" past Oz era merchandising) , 50% Ozzy (but more control on how future Oz era material is marketed) - Geezer and Ward still somehow get some kind of certain royalties based on the situation from the Sabbath "name" ,, Geezer also gets 33% of concert "merchandise" and what we call 'pay and play' - is more than you might think (Geezer does very well).

From my understanding , Sharon is a tad high on herself and a bit full of sh*t.
          After checking with "my" people and thangs .... my *SIDENOTE* above may be a little misleading - not intentional - everything else above seems to be pretty accurate , my memory served me well ...

Ok , for those who care , HEAVEN N HELL the band -

Dio Years plus the 3 extra tracks - 100% Iommi ,, only Dio's estate gets something still outside of Iommi in regards to the 3 extra tracks.

** Remember Geezer always does well ,, more to every story than what meets the eye.

Ok , the band made a conscious effort with Live At Radio City , TDYK and Neon Nights Live 30 Years Of HNH to be an equal split entity - hence the billing of Dio Iommi Butler Appice in big "lights" on the cover of every album and on stage at every concert ..... but the split was more than 80% Iommi Butler Dio , and less than 20% Appice (but not by a big amount) and Appice still did extremely well .... remember all 4 of these albums sold relatively well , and the tours were an absolute crushing success.

God Bless

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post

After checking with "my" people and thangs .... my *SIDENOTE* above may be a little misleading - not intentional - everything else above seems to be pretty accurate , my memory served me well ...

Ok , for those who care , HEAVEN N HELL the band -

Dio Years plus the 3 extra tracks - 100% Iommi ,, only Dio's estate gets something still outside of Iommi in regards to the 3 extra tracks.

** Remember Geezer always does well ,, more to every story than what meets the eye.

Ok , the band made a conscious effort with Live At Radio City , TDYK and Neon Nights Live 30 Years Of HNH to be an equal split entity - hence the billing of Dio Iommi Butler Appice in big "lights" on the cover of every album and on stage at every concert ..... but the split was more than 80% Iommi Butler Dio , and less than 20% Appice (but not by a big amount) and Appice still did extremely well .... remember all 4 of these albums sold relatively well , and the tours were an absolute crushing success.

God Bless
            I'm happy they included Vinny, he deserved it.

"Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
            ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Working...
            X