Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

New Album????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Album????

Originally Posted By: blackblood
    Originally Posted By: damian Looks like before we have a new Ozzy/Sabbath album, there will be a release race between the two. Which will come out first, the Dio Years set or Ozzys latest?

click here

This conjures up memories of the Live Evil/Speak of the Devil matchup at the end of '82.

Interesting how Ozzy all of the sudden is in a productive mood, isn't it?
    Yeah,probably if Tony had called Ronnie many years ago,after the 1996 reunion, just after realizing Ozzy had no intention to do a new album,I believe that could have fired up Ozzy(or Sharon)a bit, to be more "productive".But I guess the money they made with all the post reunion tours was good and it's probably mostly the fans that have been(or still are)disappointed-sorry for the lack of a new record.
    Notice at the end of that article...

Quote: It's beautiful. I'm really happy about it. I hope the rest of the world is. I spent 10 years of my fóking life in this thing."
    Is this suggesting Ozzy's been working on this for the last 10 years, thus why there was so little Sabbath activity? If anything, that's easily an excuse, but I noticed the matching up of 10 years with the last activity from Sabbath (being approx. 10 years ago) and figured I'd make a note of it.
    -rar

Comment

LOL

He was just commenting on it. I don't think he is stupid enough to put that as an excuse for the lack of activity with Sabbath, considering that during the last 10 years he's toured with them, with his band, made a studio record, a box set, "The Osbournes" and that "Undercover" clusterfuck.
      The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

Originally Posted By: rar Why has Geezer said he won't write the lyrics? What's wrong with him?
        he is frstrated with the situation
        "I want to tell you, yeah
        How Good It Feels
        Sleeping here with you tonight
        And thatís for real"
        -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

Originally Posted By: Psycho Man
          Originally Posted By: rar Why has Geezer said he won't write the lyrics? What's wrong with him?
          That and something else, I remember an interview with Geezer say he didn't write a single lyric for Ohmwork. He said Clark did all lyrics. I just don't think that Geezer doesn't want to write no more lyrics anymore.
          Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

Comment

I'm sure if he knew that Ozzy was really serious and devoted to makeing a new album, he'd do it, but Ozzy'd have to help.
            How Good It Feels
            And thatís for real"

Comment

Originally Posted By: MarcStitz
              Originally Posted By: Psycho Man
              That and something else, I remember an interview with Geezer say he didn't write a single lyric for Ohmwork. He said Clark did all lyrics. I just don't think that Geezer doesn't want to write no more lyrics anymore.

Actually, I just read it at school today (I had my Doom Let Loose book with me, I was on the Dehumanizer chapter) the only reason Geezer wrote lyrics was because he had to. He didn't like doing it. In the following chapter, it touches the subject again, with Tony Martin stating that he asked Geezer quite a bit "are you sure you don't want to write any" stuff like that. Geezer didn't want to. TM says "it's a shame because he's a great lyricist"

BTW, did you know Tony Martin doesn't believe in God? That shocked me. But he's never done drugs or smoke, and he doesn't drink in excess...sorry I'm spilling facts here lol.
              -rar

Comment

Originally Posted By: David86 LOL

He was just commenting on it. I don't think he is stupid enough to put that as an excuse for the lack of activity with Sabbath, considering that during the last 10 years he's toured with them, with his band, made a studio record, a box set, "The Osbournes" and that "Undercover" clusterfuck.

Now that you mentioned Undercover the only thing I'm really worried about, talking about Ozzy in a possible new Sabbath album, is the fact it's more and more evident his sort of Parkinson(ok,he's said is Parkinson free but you got my point)is really starting to have an effect even on his voice in the studio,hearing Undercover,especially in some parts,I almost see Ozzy doing his best to hide it but his voice is really shaking a bit,just like his hands,I really feel bad for him,in a way I love him and wish him the best for the great times he's given me as his fan,I really hope he'll have that final testament to leave to the Sabbath fans.

Comment

Ozzy doesn't have Parkinsons disease, he does have Parkinson Syndrome which is a different. Undercover sounds a little "weird" cause those songs aren't Ozzy's. The people who origionally performed have a very different style of singing that Ozzy does.
                  How Good It Feels
                  And thatís for real"

Comment

Originally Posted By: Psycho Man Ozzy doesn't have Parkinsons disease, he does have Parkinson Syndrome which is a different. Undercover sounds a little "weird" cause those songs aren't Ozzy's. The people who origionally performed have a very different style of singing that Ozzy does.
                    Its actually "Parkin Syndrome". He doesnt shake or stutter if he takes certain medications.

Comment

There wont be an ozzy sabbs album ever again imho

Comment

Originally Posted By: blackblood
                        Originally Posted By: David86 LOL

Now that you mentioned Undercover the only thing I'm really worried about, talking about Ozzy in a possible new Sabbath album, is the fact it's more and more evident his sort of Parkinson(ok,he's said is Parkinson free but you got my point)is really starting to have an effect even on his voice in the studio,hearing Undercover,especially in some parts,I almost see Ozzy doing his best to hide it but his voice is really shaking a bit,just like his hands,I really feel bad for him,in a way I love him and wish him the best for the great times he's given me as his fan,I really hope he'll have that final testament to leave to the Sabbath fans.
                        Well Ozzy's voice wasn't the only thing that sounded like shit on that album. The drums, guitars, and bass all sounded like they were performed underwater. Methinks it's more of a lazy production thing.

Comment

Not new news on this but Blabbermouth mentioned it again and they seem to believe that it will be a studio album, check it out:

BLACK SABBATH Guitarist Attends 'Guitar Hero II' Launch In London - Nov. 2, 2006

According to a posting on BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi's official web site, Tony was at the Gibson Guitar Studios in London Wednesday night (Nov. 1) for the launch of the new Sony Playstation 2 game "Guitar Hero II". The game features the BLACK SABBATH track "War Pigs" and two fearless members of the event's organizing team even got up on stage to perform the track along to the game in front of the song's creator. Tony was there to see his daughter, Toni-Marie, and her band LUNARMILE, who were performing at the event.

As previously reported, Iommi and fellow original SABBATH members Geezer Butler and Bill Ward are reuniting with vocalist Ronnie James Dio, who replaced Ozzy Osbourne in the band in 1979, under the moniker HEAVEN AND HELL. The new group, named after the first post-Osbourne SABBATH album, will hit the road in early 2007. In addition, according to Ozzy, a BLACK SABBATH tour with Osbourne, Iommi, Butler and Ward will kick off late 2007 to coincide with the group's first new studio album featuring that lineup since 1978's "Never Say Die!"
                          "Someone said there's a lost horizon. We must find a way to the throne."

"Don't drink from the cup of human kindness. It's a strange brew and poison to the touch."

Comment

I'm begining to think along the same lines as when the rumoured news of Heaven & Hell first broke, no one has yet to come out and say that this is all a load of crap so there's still that bit of hope that it is all true, the longer we go without anyone saying that it's not true the more chance there is that it's going to happen.
                            "Someone said there's a lost horizon. We must find a way to the throne."

"Don't drink from the cup of human kindness. It's a strange brew and poison to the touch."

Comment

It's just ozzy getting upset over the heaven and hell tour

Comment

i love black sabbath with all singers and with Ozzy of cause too - but i think it's another boolshit from Osbournes. I think Black Sabbath is Tony Iommi and this is more then fact. I only waiting for new Blakc Sabbath album - with Ozzy or Dio or Martin or Gillan or someome else (except Hughes - great singer, but it's better make as solo as last 2 albums, IMO). I think only Ozzy is stopping new Sabbath stuff now and now he wants to stop new brand 'Heaven & Hell' stuff. And i can't understand why Heaven & Hell is not under Black Sabbath name - i'm die hard fan - i love all stuff and for me albums with Geezer is classic anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X