No announcement yet.

Best Sabbath Album Opener!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd have to go with Hole In The Sky because of the dramatic and evil chatter before the song kicks in.
    We had a student DJ play album cuts before High School started in the mornings. I brought in Sabotage and kept bugging him forever until he finally played Symptom for me.
    Also I'll never forget how Symptom Of The Universe kicked off the 78 tour. That was one on the highlights of my senses and soul!

Comment

"Back Street Kids" is a fantastic opener ...

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
        always thought Heart stole the riff for Barracuda!
        "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
        R. Blackmore

Comment

Always thought that for Technical Ecstasy, Gypsy would've made an excellent opener instead of Back Street Kids.
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
          ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

BTE wrote: "Back Street Kids" is a fantastic opener ...

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
            always thought Heart stole the riff for Barracuda!
            Barracuda is my favourite Heart song. I consider Back Street Kids to be a 'fair' Black Sabbath song; not bad, but nothing special.

Ted
            Black Sabbath cannot exist without these Individuals in the lineup: Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Ozzy Osbourne or Ronnie James Dio or Ian Gillan.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Sallis View Post

Barracuda is my favourite Heart song. I consider Back Street Kids to be a 'fair' Black Sabbath song; not bad, but nothing special.

Ted
              Hey Ted, I love Back Street Kids, just think Gypsy would make a great album opener or like Ozzy Chevy said, Rock and Roll Doctor.
              Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 02-01-2021, 01:10 PM.
              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Sallis View Post

Ted
                Ted , it's actually a great track , the vocals and drums are excellent .... and that transition moment in the middle of the song is genius !

Remember "All Moving Parts" is also the opening track to this album ... less common , but still the album opener as well.

Comment

Speaking of songs sounding like other songs, I've always felt like the beginning of Always Somewhere by the Scorpions sounded a lot like the beginning of Simple Man by Skynard

Comment

Still say SBS and War Pigs are the 2 best!
                    "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                    R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                      An interview I saw on Youtube with Nancy Wilson she said Hearts Barracuda riff was taken from a Nazareth song This Way Tonight and that the band Naz wasn't very happy about it! LOL ...
                      R. Blackmore

Comment

Black Sabbath and War Pigs for me.

Comment

An interview I saw on Youtube with Nancy Wilson she said Hearts Barracuda riff was taken from a Nazareth song This Way Tonight and that the band Naz wasn't very happy about it! LOL ...
                          The name of the Nazareth song is: This Flight Tonight.

Comment

I agree!

Ted
                            Black Sabbath cannot exist without these Individuals in the lineup: Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Ozzy Osbourne or Ronnie James Dio or Ian Gillan.

Comment

Working...
                            X