Sabbath's Hard Stops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sabbath's Hard Stops

Just an observation I was listening to 13 the other day noticing there's no "fade out" songs Rubin didn't want that in fact Sabbath had none on their 1st three albums it wasn't until WOC opened VOL4 that we heard one ..
    "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
    Just an observation I was listening to 13 the other day noticing there's no "fade out" songs Rubin didn't want that in fact Sabbath had none on their 1st three albums it wasn't until WOC opened VOL4 that we heard one ..
    I noticed that too, still like the job Rick Rueben did with 13.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post

I noticed that too, still like the job Rick Rueben did with 13.
      "13" is the best reunion album by any rock band ever! I rank it right up there with their best I wish they had played some of it on the reunion tour! Always thought Loner woulda been a big radio play and great live!
      "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
      R. Blackmore

Comment

Fairies Wear Boots ends by fading out, too.
        Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
        Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
        In the age of reason, how do we survive?
        The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

"13" is the best reunion album by any rock band ever! I rank it right up there with their best I wish they had played some of it on the reunion tour! Always thought Loner woulda been a big radio play and great live!
          I agree Wicked.
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

I don't know why it took me so long to like "13," but I love it and have for a couple of years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy Chevy View Post
              I don't know why it took me so long to like "13," but I love it and have for a couple of years now.
              Loved it from day one of its release and still do, that goes for all the bonus tracks.

Comment

All 16 Tracks from 13 are absolutely awesome!

Comment

I don't consider 13 to be a "reunion album" at all. For all intents and purposes, with Wilk on drums, it became another incarnation of the band. Fairly or unfairly.

I contend that Dehumanizer is, artistically, a far superior (and more credible) "reunion" album than 13. I admire that Dio and Iommi reunited with Butler and Appice proper in '92, released a new album, then went on tour.

For me, a true reunion isn't just about the songs, it's also about the people involved.

Comment

Originally posted by A Sabbath Historian View Post

I don't consider 13 to be a "reunion album" at all. For all intents and purposes, with Wilk on drums, it became another incarnation of the band. Fairly or unfairly.

I contend that Dehumanizer is, artistically, a far superior (and more credible) "reunion" album than 13. I admire that Dio and Iommi reunited with Butler and Appice proper in '92, released a new album, then went on tour.

For me, a true reunion isn't just about the songs, it's also about the people involved.
                    If they had awaited around for Bill to get ready and get all his sticky notes together, we never would’ve gotten an album at all.

Tony was doing his cancer treatments so it’s not like they had all the time in the world for Bill to get his shit together.

I’m glad they went ahead and did the album, though I would’ve loved for Bill to have gotten his shit together and participated on the album, but it what it is and the world keeps spinning around.

Thanks for chiming in.
                    Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 02-25-2021, 02:35 PM.

Comment

If they had awaited around for Bill to get ready and get all his sticky notes together, we never would’ve gotten an album at all.

Tony was doing his cancer treatments so it’s not like they had all the time in the world for Bill to get his shit together.

I’m glad they went ahead and did the album, though I would’ve loved for Bill to have gotten his shit together and participated on the album, but it what it is and the world keeps spinning around.

Thanks for chiming in.
                      It's fine that you're "glad" about 13. However, it doesn't negate the fact that it was recorded by a new incarnation of Black Sabbath. The end result: it wasn't a proper reunion.

Comment

It's fine that you're "glad" about 13. However, it doesn't negate the fact that it was recorded by a new incarnation of Black Sabbath. The end result: it wasn't a proper reunion.
                        I agree it wasn’t, that would’ve had to have Bill to make it a legit reunion.

Thanks for chiming in.

Comment

Thanks for chiming in.
                          Greatest thing EVER!!

Comment

I completely agree with all of the above.

Ted
                            Black Sabbath cannot exist without these Individuals in the lineup: Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Ozzy Osbourne or Ronnie James Dio or Ian Gillan.

Comment

I think '13' is a really good album. I like it a hell of a lot more than Ozzy's last four solo albums, for instance. Yes, it has its mastering issues, and I wish it was a touch more analogue in sound, but as far as songs and overall enjoyability goes, it's a winner.

Comment

Working...
                              X