Black Box Vs. Castle Remasters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Box Vs. Castle Remasters

First of all if this topic has come recently or often I apologise.

I have the opportunity to acquire a copy of the Bloack Box set off of a friend but the thing is I already own the castle remasters. So I guess my question is is it worth buying the Black Box set?

I know that some of the songs are consolidated on the first album from the Castle's 8 tracks to 6 but are these the only differences? Is there a quality iomprovement in the Black Box over the Castle versions?

Cheers
    Ear In The Wall
    "But that is not the question. Why are we here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come."
    - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

“Music does not influence research work, but both are nourished by the same sort of longing, and they complement each other in the release they offer.”
    —Albert Einstein --- To Paul Plaut, October 23, 1928. AEA 28–065

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
    Sir Winston Churchill

Re: Black Box Vs. Castle Remasters

Its best to get both,people will say Black Box is better and some will say the Castle remasters are better.So its best to get them both and test them out your self.BUT Black box does have very good sound and so does castle remasters (Thats why i have both teheh)
    R.I.P. Ronald Padavona,Ronnie James Dio,DIO,Legend.

Comment

Yes, the black box is better than the castle one.

Comment

Yes, the black box is better than the castle one.

Comment

The Black Box is really loud, but the Castle CDs have a lot of glitches and imperfections. It depends on what you care about less.

Comment

The Black Box is really loud, but the Castle CDs have a lot of glitches and imperfections. It depends on what you care about less.

Comment

I do sense a more prominent bass sound on the 'Black Box' CD's.

Comment

I do sense a more prominent bass sound on the 'Black Box' CD's.

Comment

I enjoy the Castle versions !

Comment

I enjoy the Castle versions !

Comment

Oh lord, let's not get started on the Castle vs Black Box debate. Like the other guys said, it depends on what matters less - glitchy imperfections here and there, or high volume. I own the Black Box myself and am quite satisfied, myself.

Comment

Get the Dorchester Holdings versions!

I have the Castle remasters and they always sounded fine to me. I finally got the Black Box earlier this year and it sounds great too. I'm happy to have both. If you can get them both, then by all means, but if you have to go through some kind of financial hardship to get the Black Box, the Castles will do just fine, I think.

Comment

Get the Dorchester Holdings versions!

I have the Castle remasters and they always sounded fine to me. I finally got the Black Box earlier this year and it sounds great too. I'm happy to have both. If you can get them both, then by all means, but if you have to go through some kind of financial hardship to get the Black Box, the Castles will do just fine, I think.

Comment

I have both the Black Box and Castle Remasters, both sound good.
                            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                            ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Castle Remasters are superior with "sound" and measurements in this case ... except for "Vol 4" and half of "Sabotage" .... Tho you will hear a few problems pop up on the Castle Remasters ,,, for my penny - get both ,,, yet neither is the "best".

Comment

Working...
                              X