Best Martin era ballad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Martin era ballad

I think that "Feels Good To Me" is best Sabbath ballad during Tony Martin era! And you?

Hm... Feels Good To Me and Kiss of Death, close match.
    Can't you see what I see
    You and I victims of Their word
    As the master of power
    Try to poison our world
    ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

Not really a ballad, but a slower song; "Cross of Thorns" would be my vote.
      "I can honestly say it’s truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

The Hand That Rocks The Cradle
        Living in a world of make believe I can hide behind what's real
        But wearing your emotions on your sleeve and they all know what you feel
        And here it comes again straight through the heart straight through the heart

Comment

Odin’s Court is magnificent and underrated but to be honest all ballads from TM’s era are great!
          "I don't sound like nobody"

Comment

I Won't Cry for You
            The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
              Odin’s Court is magnificent and underrated but to be honest all ballads from TM’s era are great!
              I agree....

Comment

Originally posted by David86 View Post
                I Won't Cry for You

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!
                The worst Sabbath era , is when theres NO Sabbath era !

Comment

Dying for Love.

Comment

There are tons of ballads from Martin-era Sabbath. I didn't realize until I looked at the albums vis a vis this thread.

I can't decide, so I'll pick a few:

I Won't Cry for You
                    Feels Good to Me

Dying for Love is a good song, but it doesn't feel like a Ballad in the traditional sense.

Comment

Gotta go with Feels good to me, very unsabbathish, but good nonetheless.
                      http://wickedinquisition.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sn0wb1ind0zzy View Post
                        Gotta go with Feels good to me, very unsabbathish, but good nonetheless.
                        Yeah. Not that Tony has done a lot of ballads in his career, but at least FGTM is rocking in parts, and has great playing and singing. Though it shouldn't have been a single for sure either.

Dying for Love is good as well, though it's not a "pure" ballad either.
                        "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comment

Dying For Love
                          Saboid Dubh - “The sun, the moon, the stars all bear my seal”……“Have you ever thought about your soul - can it be saved”…… “I don't want no one to tell me where I'm gonna go when I die”……“I am the world that hides the universal secret of all time”……“Nobody will ever change my ways……“Here I go again from the start and to the end”……

Comment

I Won't Cry For You

Comment

[QUOTE=Rover;178466]Yeah. Not that Tony has done a lot of ballads in his career, but at least FGTM is rocking in parts, and has great playing and singing. Though it shouldn't have been a single for sure either.

FGTM helped the album be a top ten uk hit
                              Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

Working...
                              X