'94 shows with Bill Ward filmed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '94 shows with Bill Ward filmed?

Three of the late August, early September 1994 shows with Bill Ward were filmed (or were all?) Can someone who has seen and/or heard these gigs in their entirety please comment on Ward's drumming at these shows? I have seen Iron man/Sabbath Bloody Sabbath at Monsters Of Rock on YouTube as well as a video of Headless Cross.. Did the band play Mob Rules with Ward on any of these shows? I know the setlist was shortened for these gigs and that Martin's vocals were very strained but I'd really like to know the setlists and if there are DVD's of these gigs available Thanks!!.
    "So if you want to know where I've been hiding all these years, follow the tears.. follow the tears.."

The only non-Ozzy tune they did was "Headless Cross", iirc. Bill's performance was inconsistent - it had good points and bad.

Comment

Originally posted by sandman616 View Post
      Three of the late August, early September 1994 shows with Bill Ward were filmed (or were all?) .
      As the South American tour with Bill lasted for only 3 shows, I guess you could say the whole tour has been filmed
      Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies don’t use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of “Dehumanizer”.
      "Black Sabbath : la Bête venue de Birmingham"

Comment

Originally posted by Gardener View Post
        As the South American tour with Bill lasted for only 3 shows, I guess you could say the whole tour has been filmed
        Thanks for clarifying that!
        "So if you want to know where I've been hiding all these years, follow the tears.. follow the tears.."

Comment

Yes all 3 shows have a pro-shot dvd in trading as well as soundboard cds. Sao paulo even has an audience filmed dvd.
          time machine
          neon knights
          the wizard
          headless cross
          sabbath bloddy sabbath
          ironman
          paranoid
          children of the sea
          black sabbath
          into the void
          children of the grave.
          was the basic setlist (not in that order thou)
          Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

Originally posted by EDTRADER View Post
            Yes all 3 shows have a pro-shot dvd in trading as well as soundboard cds. Sao paulo even has an audience filmed dvd.
            time machine
            neon knights
            the wizard
            headless cross
            sabbath bloddy sabbath
            ironman
            paranoid
            children of the sea
            black sabbath
            into the void
            children of the grave.
            I forgot about the appearances of "Time Machine" and "Neon Knights".

Comment

time machine
              neon knights
              the wizard
              headless cross
              sabbath bloddy sabbath
              ironman
              paranoid
              children of the sea
              black sabbath
              into the void
              children of the grave.
              Of the 3 DVDs circulating which one in your opinion is most worth pursuing? Btw thank you for the info.

Comment

I tend to perfer Buenos Aires, Argentina. good video/audio quality

Sao Paulo, Brazil pro-version isnt the complete show and the keyboards are louder than Iommi and Martin during this first part. But to me it's the most common show.
                Audience version i dont have.

Santiago, Chile I dont have .
                Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

Sao Paulo, Brazil pro-version isnt the complete show and the keyboards are louder than Iommi and Martin during this first part. But to me it's the most common show.

I know that recording. Its quite funny to see Sabbath play and see a huge KISS logo above them
                  When will you show me a sign
                  When will you throw me a line

Comment

Ive got all 3 they are all cool ~~!! imo
                    The worst Sabbath era , is when theres NO Sabbath era !

Comment

8-26-1994 Maksoud Plaza, Sao Paulo, Brazil AUD Interview press conference With the returning Bill Ward and the band. Shot by a fan there. Proshot version might be somewhere?

8-27-1994 Estádio do Pacaembú (Pacaembu Stadium) Sao Paulo,
                      Brazil TV PRO
                      Time Machine, Children Of The Sea, Black Sabbath (half cut out), War Pigs, Paranoid, Headless Cross, Iron Man, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.
                      Version one of this is the tho pro shot tv version that is a incomplete recording. Its a verly good quality show but the keyboards are louder then the rest of the band in the audio mix. This happens throu out the show.
                      Audience Version: Time Machine, Children Of The Grave, Children Of The Sea, I Witness, Mob Rules (with guitar problems so Tony throws his guitar down), Into The Void, Black Sabbath, Neon Knights, War Pigs, Headless Cross, Paranoid, Iron Man, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.
                      A 2nd audience version is rumored to exsist.

9-1-1994 Centro Cultural Estación, Santiago, Chile PRO
                      Time Machine, Children Of The Grave, Children Of The Sea, I Witness, Into The Void, Black Sabbath, Neon Knights, War Pigs, The Wizard, Cross Of Thorns, Symptom Of The Universe, Headless Cross, Paranoid, Iron Man, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.
                      A good proshot show.

9-3-1994 Estadio Monumental River Plate Stadium, Buenos Aires, Argentina PRO
                      Children of the Grave, Children of the Sea, Into The Void, Black Sabbath, Neon Knights, War Pigs, The Wizard, Symptom of the Universe, Headless Cross, Paranoid.
                      Proshot show which is from a master copy filmed and broadcasted on tv.
                      To me the best of these 3 shows.
                      Last edited by EDTRADER; 06-09-2009, 08:59 AM.
                      Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

Pretty cool lineup!

Comment

For those who have never seen video from these shows before:

Headless Cross

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZlI1...eature=related
                          http://www.last.fm/user/MusicFan91

Comment

Well EDtrader I have the 8-27-1994 Estádio do Pacaembú (Pacaembu Stadium) Sao Paulo show DVD and you are right that the keyboard sound is much louder than the other recordings. I wasnt sure about the other 2 shows you have mentioned, I really would be interested in getting the other 2 dvds. If anyone does have it I would appreciate if you'll can share it with us.
                            http://www.facebook.com/cosmicchants
                            https://soundcloud.com/cosmicchants
                            http://www.myspace.com/cosmicchants

Comment

Iron Man & Sabbath Bloody Sabbath - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgBdeLcwbIc

Symptom of the Universe (with the jazzy ending) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG25WTD_gGI

Children of the Grave - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RZpe...eature=related

Comment

Working...
                              X