X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross Purposes Live - VHS + CD

Hello,

I bought the Cross Purposes Live package but the cd was missing. So I was wondering if the cd that comes in the package is the normal version of the cd? I mean if I buy the normal version of the cd and put it in the package do I have the "official" and right version of the package then? Or is the cd different than the "normal version" that they sold...?

The good news is that the VHS tape is harder to get than the CD. From what I've seen there are two live versions. One has a yellow bar at the top and the other one has a black square or sticker that says CP live. Just get the CD that matches whatever the box has and you'll have a complete set that no one can tell was pieced toguether. There are no booklets or inserts that come with the set. It's just a box + Cd + VHS.

Not sure what you mean by "normal Cd" The CD was not sold separately. You could only get it as a set with the VHS.
    Last edited by RedZero; 08-28-2009, 03:12 PM.

Comment

I another thread they speak about the DVD version of this show is missing some songs from the VHS and isn't very good. The VHS/CD is what I got when it was released.

Comment

Originally posted by kentuckyfan View Post
        I another thread they speak about the DVD version of this show is missing some songs from the VHS and isn't very good. The VHS/CD is what I got when it was released.
        The DVD version is a bootleg. The problem is that "Cross Purposes Live" was never officially released on DVD, which makes this crappy truncated bootleg DVD version the only one available, and it misses 7 songs !!
        Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies don’t use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of “Dehumanizer”.
        "Black Sabbath : la Bęte venue de Birmingham"

Comment

Originally posted by RedZero View Post
          The CD was not sold separately. You could only get it as a set with the VHS.
          Ok. I thought the cd was also released separately.

Thanks for the information.

Comment

did anybody manage to rip the VHS soundtrack and restore what could be a full audio version of the show (together with the CD as it may have a better sound quality) ?

could Live Purposes be part of the Sanctuary remasters?

Comment

Originally posted by RedZero View Post
              The good news is that the VHS tape is harder to get than the CD. From what I've seen there are two live versions. One has a yellow bar at the top and the other one has a black square or sticker that says CP live. Just get the CD that matches whatever the box has and you'll have a complete set that no one can tell was pieced toguether. There are no booklets or inserts that come with the set. It's just a box + Cd + VHS.

Not sure what you mean by "normal Cd" The CD was not sold separately. You could only get it as a set with the VHS.
              The set with the yellow stripe on the top is the USA version. Both the CD/VHS are housed in a flimsy cardboard box. The set with the black rectangle on the top left that says "Sound&Vision, CD&Video Double Pack" is the UK version. The CD/VHS are housed in a rugged plastic box. The VHS of the UK version wont play in a USA VCR.

Comment

Originally posted by BunnyPink View Post
                The set with the yellow stripe on the top is the USA version. Both the CD/VHS are housed in a flimsy cardboard box. The set with the black rectangle on the top left that says "Sound&Vision, CD&Video Double Pack" is the UK version. The CD/VHS are housed in a rugged plastic box. The VHS of the UK version wont play in a USA VCR.

The set with the black rectangle on the top left that says "Sound&Vision, CD&Video Double Pack" is the UK version. Thats the version I have , cost me packet at the time to buy down here in Oz

Comment

Originally posted by hammer View Post
                  The set with the black rectangle on the top left that says "Sound&Vision, CD&Video Double Pack" is the UK version. Thats the version I have , cost me packet at the time to buy down here in Oz
                  Yeah that's the version I've got too...I remember buying it probably about 10 (or more) years ago in a local second hand record/book store and it cost about the equivalent of 17€...and it is in pristine condition still after all these years...too bad my VCR broke ages ago, so I can't watch it...

Comment

I got the original UK cd/vhs pack, how much is it worth? and were is the best place to sell it? ( I never watch nor listen to it)

Comment

Originally posted by Turboloid View Post
                      I got the original UK cd/vhs pack, how much is it worth? and were is the best place to sell it? ( I never watch nor listen to it)
                      Worth more in the UK than in the USA since it's a PAL tape & wont play in American VCR's.
                      Prices fluctuate daily. Probably $50+ if it's in good shape and you have the plastic case that houses the CD&VHS combo. If you are missing the case the price will drop significantly.

Comment

sure I got the case left, played it once or twise never been to much of a fan of tony martin so it's still in great condition. think it will end up on ebay soon then!

Comment

I only have the CD, as I bought it in a used CD store.

Comment

Some put too much price value on this set for a couple reasons 1:The cd isnt the full concert (even the VHS isnt either) 2:Both are easily found in trading (copies that is) 3:Martin's voice was suffering due to a throat infection so its not his best. Since you can trade for the actual show basically your paying for the cases and papers.
                            Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

Originally posted by EDTRADER View Post
                              Some put too much price value on this set for a couple reasons 1:The cd isnt the full concert (even the VHS isnt either) 2:Both are easily found in trading (copies that is) 3:Martin's voice was suffering due to a throat infection so its not his best. Since you can trade for the actual show basically your paying for the cases and papers.
                              I'd rather have the real deal and pay for the official release intead of trading copies. It's like sleeping with an old sea hag intead of a young hot chic - yes, the outcome is the same but in thruth there is no comparison.

Comment

Working...
                              X