• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross Purposes Live is...

Mine! MINE, I tellsya!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...d=513906167001

Let the gloating commence .

I got the VHS/CD when it was first released in '94.

The VHS I play sparingly because of age, and I doubt any photo place will transfer it to DVD because of copyright.

I haven't tried to find the DVD because from what I know it was butchered.

It's still a good memory because I saw them on that tour.
    He is not here. He has risen!

Comment

Good for you Sabbathstone! This is a great live video. I like the preformance a lot.

Should probably try to transfer the old vhs to dvd some point...

Comment

I got it when it was first released. You'll enjoy it, it's deffinately one of my favorite live concert videos ever. I loved the setlist, it covered the three major Sabbath era's very well I thought. I've moved a few times since I purchased it and I lost the CD somewhere along the way. I still have the VHS but haven't watched it in many years. Maybe I should put it on and see if the quality has faded over the years or not.

I sure hope they can transfer it to DVD at some point and release it so we can have an updated version of the show
        Nobody will ever let you know
        When you ask the reason why
        They just tell you that you're on your own
        Fill your head all full of lies

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbathfan78 View Post
          I got it when it was first released. You'll enjoy it, it's deffinately one of my favorite live concert videos ever. I loved the setlist, it covered the three major Sabbath era's very well I thought. I've moved a few times since I purchased it and I lost the CD somewhere along the way. I still have the VHS but haven't watched it in many years. Maybe I should put it on and see if the quality has faded over the years or not.

I sure hope they can transfer it to DVD at some point and release it so we can have an updated version of the show
          Agreed. Have it on VHS, but would love to see it on DVD & 5.1!

Comment

The DVD that's being sold is not an official release and is not the complete show. Few years ago I managed to persuade my friend to use some of his precious time and transfer the '94 VHS onto a DVD so that the VHS itself remains in good condition.

It's a good show all in all and I would love to buy the proper official DVD+CD reissue one day...
            "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

Be nice to also add the footage that was edited out. such as Children Of The Sea.
              Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

I bought the original CD/VHS package when it came out. I loved it, I saw them on the previous tour and it bought back memories of being in the front row. And it was great to see Geezer on video again. I left the VHS in England when I moved to California! I still have the CD and have since purchased the DVD but was pissed that it was cut about so much!
                But what are you gonna do? If it was officially available there would be no unofficial stuff or bootlegs!!

ARE YOU LISTENING???

Comment

What would really be wonderful is when they get around to releasing the box set of the Tony Martin years if this were included with a DVD of Cross Purposes Live. That would be awesome.
                  I make the devil laugh and angels wail. Forever I will reside beyond the pale.

Comment

I also bought the VHS and Cd when it was brand new. Tony Martin was a great singer for Black Sabbath in my opinion. My only regret is not having the opportunity to see this version of Sabbath live.

Comment

Working...
                    X