Cross purposes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cross purposes

I wonder where Bobby's kit is that was used on that tour, Id love to get that/buy that.

Maybe Bobby could answer this.

Comment

I love the song Psychophobia the song in general is just nasty heavy, and the guitar riffs are awesome. Oh and the lyrics are good also

Psychophobia is one of my favorite Sab songs

Comment

This thread inspired me to listen to Cross Purposes for the first time in about a year. Thanks!

Comment

Black Sabbath/Masters from the Vault DVD?????

what's that ?where can i get it ?please,tell me more about that.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I love the song Psychophobia

[/ QUOTE ]

this song is a leftover from the"dehumanizer"sessions,it was called "the last time" and was first sung by rj Dio.

Comment

Re: Cross Purposes Live DVD

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean this? Click on the cover - it goes to Amazon.com where you can buy it. Keep in mind though it's very incomplete - it's not the full gig that was on the VHS release 9 years ago.

Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
              View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Dont waste your money on that DVD, go on ebay and buy the entire cassette or the entire DVD, you lose about 10 songs on this dvd, just a money making ploy.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Dont waste your money on that DVD, go on ebay and buy the entire cassette or the entire DVD, you lose about 10 songs on this dvd, just a money making ploy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem is there is no "entire" DVD available. Probably a bootleg copy of the VHS copied onto a DVD on ebay.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean this? Click on the cover - it goes to Amazon.com where you can buy it. Keep in mind though it's very incomplete - it's not the full gig that was on the VHS release 9 years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK! it is the same show that was released as "cross purposes-live" back in 95...it already have it!

Comment

The thing I'll say about that DVD is this..

Yes, it's incomplete. Yes, it's not the proper concert. HOWEVER.. Sabbath seems disinterested in releasing this on DVD properly, so for some people, this might be the only way to get to see it at all - even just a part of what it should be.

Plus it *IS* on a DVD, and that alone is a better choice than a VHS tape. I don't even have a VCR hooked up to my home entertainment system anymore. On the odd chance I want to view a VHS tape, I have to dig it out of the closet ,and go through a lot of hoops to get it running now.
                      Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                      View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

The dvd I have has the complete show with interactive menues and such. It might have been professionally copied, but everything looks pretty clear to me.

Comment

I really like this album; I only have two Martin era cds, this and Headless Cross. This is SO MUCH better than Headless Cross; too much devil stuff IMO. The only song I don't care for much is Cardinal Sin. Virtual Death isn't that great either.

Comment

in the Forbidden thread, someone mentioned that this album is "too clean" and I have to agree. It sounds very polished, thus lacking a kick.

Also, in this thread someone said it lacks any real hooks and I also agree.

I mean, dont get me wrong, I still love the album. Cross of Thorns, Psychophobia, and most of the other songs on the album rule, but they dont compare with most other Martin era songs.

Comment

how Anthrax would say
                              NICE FUCKING ALBUM!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here! And I always wondered if that line "It's time to kiss the rainbow goodbye" had a double meaning, namely a reference to the fact that Ronnie James Dio was out of the band. Though somebody else once pointed out that Bobby Rondinelli had also just left the band Rainbow at this time, so who knows, maybe there are up to three meanings here.

Comment

Working...
                                X