Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Cross purposes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
    the biggest problem I have with the Martin era is the production..it's flat, nothing stands out and it over all sucks...
    Eternal Idol - 10th most spectacular SABBATH album ever made ...

Headless Cross - Tied for the #1 SABBATH album ever made ...

TYR - The 4th most "talented" SABBATH album ever made ...

Cross Purposes - The Martin Era statement piece!

Forbidden - an underrated GEM , "Kiss Of Death" a top 10 SABBATH composition ...

.... Thank God for these 5 albums!

..... I know production was your point ,, I just got excited

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
      Eternal Idol - 10th most spectacular SABBATH album ever made ...

Headless Cross - Tied for the #1 SABBATH album ever made ...

TYR - The 4th most "talented" SABBATH album ever made ...

Cross Purposes - The Martin Era statement piece!

Forbidden - an underrated GEM , "Kiss Of Death" a top 10 SABBATH composition ...

.... Thank God for these 5 albums!

..... I know production was your point ,, I just got excited
      I do love Kiss Of Death though..the production on that one song seems different in a much better way... great great song...
      "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
      R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
        the biggest problem I have with the Martin era is the production..it's flat, nothing stands out and it over all sucks...
        I think the biggest problem with the Martin era is the songs, except The Shining and Headless Cross the songs are weaker than on all the albums before the Martin era. Im not a big fan of Martins voice either.

Comment

Originally posted by Kennyz View Post
          the songs are weaker than on all the albums before the Martin era..
          .... hmmmm ,, interesting ?? ,, I'm aware of 46 studio tracks , 2 bonus tracks , 4 extra tracks , 7 alternate cuts , 39 demo cuts , 247 live takes - and I have yet to hear this "weaker" than Ozzy , Dio , Ian , Hughes track you talk of ,, but I will keep searching - that's for sure!

Comment

“Souled-Out” OR "Cross Purposes" .... original title OR released title ,,,, which do you prefer ?? , for me it's CP , but the original is definitely kool!

Comment

“Souled-Out” OR "Cross Purposes" .... original title OR released title ,,,, which do you prefer ?? , for me it's CP , but the original is definitely kool!
              Souled Out \m/

Doc are you giving the Dehumanizer demos and 7th Star instrumentals out again?
              Isn't Psychophobia on the Dehumanizer demos?

Comment

Originally posted by ronn View Post
                Souled Out \m/

Doc are you giving the Dehumanizer demos and 7th Star instrumentals out again?
                Isn't Psychophobia on the Dehumanizer demos?
                Yes had a new remaster done of both in Verona ,, "Dehumanizer" alternate takes / demos are a fantastic listening adventure ,, as for the "Seventh Star" instrumentals - the listening experience is a MUST for any true Sabbath diehard!

Comment

Yes had a new remaster done of both in Verona ,, "Dehumanizer" alternate takes / demos are a fantastic listening adventure ,, as for the "Seventh Star" instrumentals - the listening experience is a MUST for any true Sabbath diehard!
                  Vinny does a great job on Dehumanizer, but how cool is it hearing Cozy on that material!

Psychophobia anyone?

Comment

Vinny does a great job on Dehumanizer, but how cool is it hearing Cozy on that material!

Psychophobia anyone?
                    Cozy is always exceptional .... And I would rank DEHUMANIZER as Vinny's best work , it's actually so technically sound and emotional (with feel) - I believe it to be one of the most solid drum albums to ever see the light of day. ,,,, yes to "Psychophobia" ....

God Bless my brother

Comment

I've been listening to a lot of Cozys drumming lately and I think he is one of the all time greats.

https://youtu.be/lt5agYpGRnU amazing!

Comment

I've been listening to a lot of Cozys drumming lately and I think he is one of the all time greats.

https://youtu.be/lt5agYpGRnU amazing!
                        Great stuff BROTHER!!

More news here - after FORBIDDEN , work is going to start up on CROSS PURPOSES and CP LIVE ,, with new unheard tracks involved .... Very kool indeed!

Comment

Great stuff BROTHER!!

More news here - after FORBIDDEN , work is going to start up on CROSS PURPOSES and CP LIVE ,, with new unheard tracks involved .... Very kool indeed!
                          I'm curious about the news you are bringing to us. Do you have a link to share which is having reference on the Re-release of CP and CP Live?

Comment

Great stuff BROTHER!!

Great news Doc and thank you for the information, I'm just hoping The Martin years are released in a boxset, as the Ozzy Years and Dio Years were.
                            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                            ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Great stuff BROTHER!!

Hey Doc,

What's the likelihood of the Forbidden reissue having the unreleased tracks from those sessions that are known to exist? I think there were three.

Comment

Working...
                              X