Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who was/were the lyric writer(s) AFTER ETERNAL IDOL

[ QUOTE ]
    There's not always a lot of correlation between what cd inserts say and the truth!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ain't that the truth - talk about who plays what on Eternal Idol. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      Cross Purposes insert says that Iommi/Butler/Martin wrote the lyrics.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's not always a lot of correlation between what cd inserts say and the truth!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep! In fact, I think Seventh Star is one of the only Black Sabbath albums whose writing credits weren't equally given to everybody who played on the album (or were at least confirmed as official members at the time of the writing). The first 8 albums all say "All songs written by Butler/Iommi/Osbourne/Ward." Think the four of them co-wrote the music and lyrics of each and every single song together? Yeah right! Ditto for Heaven and Hell's "Butler/Dio/Iommi/Ward" credit. Geezer didn't come in until almost all of the album had ever been written.

Comment

Also, weren't there a few albums whose writing credit was "Black Sabbath"?

I know even when they are listed, they sometimes are a lie. Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon has the first song "Breathe" credited to Nick Mason (drummer). Over the years Mason and Waters said it was really Waters who wrote it, but the credit was given to Mason so he could get a writing credit.
        Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
        View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I just remember how odd I thought that was, cause Dehumanizer was more of an album I thought was up Geezer's alley as far as subject matter. It's also kind of a departure from Ronnie's traditional lyrics.

[/ QUOTE ]
          I read a Geezer interview where he stated the Dehumanizer concept was his. Ronnie went with it.

I believ Dio mentions in the Never Say Die book that the band asked him to stay away from typical Dio themes.

Comment

Working...
          X