Announcement

Collapse

Google Ads Question

Hey gang. I just posted something asking about Google Ads on my website. I'd like people's input (and help possibly) on this. Please go over here and have a read:

https://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/for...ads#post645883

--- Joe
See more
See less

Seventh Star/Eternal Idol 2CD remasters on the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope the IRS ones won't take long!!!

Can't wait for those 2 though :D

Comment

Does anyone know if Ray's Eternal Idol version will be better quality than the 2 "bootlegs" that already exist? I assume what will be released will be the one with solos, but we all know what assuming does. I'm just curious because some of these other "ultimate" editions are poorly done (like including "bonus" or "instrumental" tracks that really aren't).

EDIT: Crap, sorry Joe, I just saw the end of your post, basically asking the same thing I just did. My apologies for missing it and asking the same thing.

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post

I'm aware of three versions of the Ray Gillen Eternal Idol in bootleg circles, I'll be curious to see which one this is. I presume it will be the latter one I've had for awhile (the most rare) - which is more "complete" than the others.
      Last edited by SDMF Jon; 09-15-2010, 11:52 AM. Reason: content

Comment

I have one called "Eternal Gillen" which features most tracks that ended up on the album plus a few live tracks. It's one of those things I had to have to satisfy my curiosity and fill out a history gap in my collection. I prefer the Martin approach but it's still interesting to hear Gillen. Perhaps a "proper" mix of the studio and live material will help me enjoy the Gillen stuff better. This is really exciting to see hit the shelves in a "real" way. What a great way to generate interest for a couple of albums that are often overlooked.

Comment

Originally posted by fondula View Post
          I have one called "Eternal Gillen" which features most tracks that ended up on the album plus a few live tracks. It's one of those things I had to have to satisfy my curiosity and fill out a history gap in my collection. I prefer the Martin approach but it's still interesting to hear Gillen. Perhaps a "proper" mix of the studio and live material will help me enjoy the Gillen stuff better. This is really exciting to see hit the shelves in a "real" way. What a great way to generate interest for a couple of albums that are often overlooked.
          I got a one called "Eternal Stars" with the Gillen EI album minus the solos and a bunch of Seventh Star demos with Jeff Fenholt singing.
          Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

Pretty cool...I might be getting these...atleast the Eternal Idol one...not so sure about the Seventh Star though..

Comment

The upcoming release of the Ray Gillen Eternal Idol version

Will it just be a released demo version which some of us already have (or "cleaned up" demos), or will it be a mastered album per say as it would have sounded, with Ray?

Any insight?

Comment

I can't see it being released in an unfinished state.
                We donít see things as they are; we see them as we are.

Comment

Woohoo! Just pre ordered both from Amazon, should get them in time for my birthday.
                  We donít see things as they are; we see them as we are.

Comment

Holy shit, it's for real! :D :D
                    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

who said this would be officially released?

Comment

This is what I'm talking about ... new cool stuff I can spend my money on. Buy now the list price is 11.99 GBP but they have a pre-order sale and it will ring up 10.20 GBP at checkout. Amazon UK is cheaper than Amazon US. Make sure to sue the link on Joe's news page so he can get credit for the purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightwing View Post
                          Will it just be a released demo version which some of us already have (or "cleaned up" demos), or will it be a mastered album per say as it would have sounded, with Ray?

Any insight?
                          Dude, we already have a very pertinent and recent discussion going on here

Merging threads now.

And as to your question, there will be news shortly, I believe they will be more then just cleaned up demos, wait for Joe's news.
                          Damian
                          Super Moderator
                          Black-Sabbath.com

Comment

I'm really excited about this...I have some bootlegs of the Eternal Idol album with Ray Gillen, but hopefully this release will have a better sound quality. And of course it's cool to have these songs in an official version.
                            A truly good way to spend (a part of) my first salary on

Comment

Ordered. Thx for the info Joe!

Jacked,
                              PAULIE
                              http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UoulA6r90n...ill%2Bward.JPG

Comment

This is great news! Nice to see some love and recognition for Ray's place as a Sabbath singer.

Comment

Working...
                                X