• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BunnyPink
    replied
    Originally posted by Totentanz View Post
    Anyone not wanting to use an established UK outlet could try HMV:

[This is a major established retailer in the UK - I use them semi-regularly, without any problems.
    So HMV is NOT an established outlet but ARE an established retailer?
    I canceled my AMZ UK order since they ran out and paid $20 more on ebay for EI. I'll order 7th star Deluxe from HMV today.

Leave a comment:

• Daistoh
    replied
    Originally posted by Totentanz View Post

Eternal Idol - http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProduct...;-1&sku=423627
    Seventh Star - http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProduct...;-1&sku=423982
    just ordered from them.. everything went smoothly except their computers didnt understand the "" and "" in my name.. was a wizard and replaced them with a & o and everything went well

Leave a comment:

• Totentanz
    replied

Eternal Idol - http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProduct...;-1&sku=423627
    Seventh Star - http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProduct...;-1&sku=423982

International Shipping info - http://hmv.com/hmvweb/navigate.do?ct...1&pPageID=3329

This is a major established retailer in the UK - I use them semi-regularly, without any problems.

Leave a comment:

• Sir Kenneth
    replied
    Originally posted by Never Satisfied View Post

So I had to order them on ebay for over twenty dollars more for the both of them and I would have had them a lot sooner if I hadn't ordered them from Amazon UK. I am not happy about this at all. Someone dropped the ball big time on this.
    Man that sucks. I stopped trying to get new releases from Amazon after they botched my pre-order of The Devil You Know. Surely if you order something 2 months in advance they'd be able to ship it out on release date, but apparently not...

Leave a comment:

• Joe Siegler
    replied
    I'll mention that email from Amazon to the record label people.

Leave a comment:

• H&H
    replied
    Well bloody hell. I just checked my shipment from www.cdwow.com, and what do you know, both CD's are on backorder.

Leave a comment:

• 8bit Fighter
    replied
    Originally posted by MattSabb88 View Post
    The packaging, and the Cd's are in perfect condition, no shipping damage.
    Wish I could say the same, there is a crease on the spines of my copies of EI and MR Deluxe editions. At least the cds are still in tact.
    Last edited by 8bit Fighter; 11-11-2010, 12:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RedZero
    replied
    I can kick myself for cancelling my order at the last minute. Ebay already started the gouging. Does anyone know where to get these at a reasonable price?

Leave a comment:

• MattSabb88
    replied
    Got my copies in the mail today from amazon.uk. The packaging, and the cd's are in perfect condition, no shipping damage. Haven't listened to them yet, will in a little while.

Leave a comment:

• H&H
    replied
    I was going to wait a bit to order these. I did this with "Heaven & Hell" and "Mob Rules" and saved a few buck, but now after seeing problems that some are having I was worried I might not get these CD's. I did some searching this evening and found www.cdwow.us

They are showing both CD's in stock for $22.99 with free shipping. I ordered both. I hope those still looking are able to find them.

Leave a comment:

• Never Satisfied
    replied
    Nice Job Amazon UK. You incompetent fukktards.......

Dear Mr Never Satisfied

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk with your enquiry.

I can understand that the items "The Eternal Idol (Deluxe Edition)" , "Seventh Star (Deluxe Edition)" is currently out of stock and you wish to know the estimated time in which we will get these CD's back in stock.

Unfortunately, we can’t guarantee if or when it will be sold again by us. Because of this, the item is currently listed as out of stock.

Occasionally, our supply of popular items is limited and some products sell out quickly. I am very sorry that you were not able to place your order before our supply ran out.

Perhaps you could check our website from time to time to see if this item has come back in stock or if it is available from a third-party seller through Amazon.co.uk Marketplace.

Clicking on the blue 'used and new' link on the product's information page leads you to items offered by third-party sellers on Amazon.co.uk Marketplace. You will be given a list of available copies of an item, their condition and their sellers. Please note we are unable to source products from Third Party sellers.

If you wish to cancel this order For future reference, you can cancel any items yourself when you visit Your Account ("Cancel items or orders"). As long as the item has not entered the dispatch process, you will be able to cancel it.

Once an item or an order is cancelled, you'll receive an e-mail to confirm the cancellation. Cancelled orders no longer appear in your order history.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused in this matter.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk

Did I solve your problem?

================================================== =======

So I had to order them on ebay for over twenty dollars more for the both of them and I would have had them a lot sooner if I hadn't ordered them from Amazon UK. I am not happy about this at all. Someone dropped the ball big time on this.

Leave a comment:

• SDMF Jon
    replied
    I thought one of the former versoins did have a solo. If not, then I stand corrected and apologize. I thought there was a Ray version with a solo in "The Shining." It's been a long while since I listened to the two previous boot versions.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Siegler
    replied
    Originally posted by SDMF Jon View Post
    How come there's still no solo for "The Shining?" I don't see why the final solo couldn't be dubbed into the mix to more complete the song.
    That's not what the Ray Gillen version was about. It wasn't about changing the tapes that were there. IT was about presenting it "as is". If you want that solo, listen to the finished version. Pretty simple way to deal with it.

Leave a comment:

• SDMF Jon
    replied
    How come there's still no solo for "The Shining?" I don't see why the final solo couldn't be dubbed into the mix to more complete the song.

Leave a comment:

• rossmosis
    replied
    In my opinion, the second disc of TEI is extremely comparable to the Martin tracks that ended up being released, which is a huge compliment considering how much I love his voice and that album. In the end, I wouldn't say that Ray's tracks were better, but I wouldn't say that they are worse either. Breathes some new life into these tracks that are insanely underrated.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X