Announcement

Collapse

Google Ads Question

Hey gang. I just posted something asking about Google Ads on my website. I'd like people's input (and help possibly) on this. Please go over here and have a read:

https://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/for...ads#post645883

--- Joe
See more
See less

Seventh Star/Eternal Idol 2CD remasters on the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome

This is like a dream come true! It's about time Ray Gillen's contributions to Eternal Idol and the Seventh Star tour got an official release. I hope they have interesting liner notes and the lyrics as well as pictures. I ordered them through Amazon UK today and I can't wait for them to arrive. It's going to be like an early Christmas for me.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nightwing View Post
      Will it just be a released demo version which some of us already have (or "cleaned up" demos), or will it be a mastered album per say as it would have sounded, with Ray?

Any insight?
      I don't see these being released in an unfinished state, Im sure we'll get to hear it in all it's glory, the way it should have been.
      We donít see things as they are; we see them as we are.

Comment

Will be waiting on the vinyl release. Speaking of which... will we ever see the ''deluxe'' H&H and Mob rules on vinyls?

Still good news though! I was pretty sure that they would have stopped after the first 3 Dio albums.

Comment

This is awesome. I have a Bootleg called the Ray Gillen Years which has some of the Gillen Eternal Idol demos plus some live songs on it but, their pretty ruff. Can't wait to hear the more complete versions plus the live stuff on the Seventh Star Disc 2.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

As a side note, I've found that it's cheaper for U.S. residents to buy Imports off of Amazon.com/uk then it is from just Amazon. Even with the shipping rate it still comes out cheaper. I did this with the deluxe editions of Black Sabbath, Paranoid, and Master Of Reality, and each came out to cost a little more then regular CD releases. Just a little piece of advice. They also have a nice currency selector that makes it really easy to purchase them.
          Words laced with blasphemy, drip with sincerity. Falling into the plan, like sacrificial lambs. Hearing the words, and said rings like nail to the head. Now I can see the stars, I know we have gone too far.
          - OverKill, "Horrorscope"

Comment

Wonder if it will sound anything like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfwTW...eature=related
            http://www.last.fm/user/MusicFan91

Comment

I actually have the bootleg to the June 2, 1986 show. Live at Hammersmith Odeon (affectionately called "Ray Rules" ) Man, Hammersmith Odeon is quite popular place to release live performances isn't it? Info on said bootleg can be found here. I'm definitely buying EI.
              Last edited by 8bit Fighter; 09-22-2010, 08:16 PM.
              "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

Brilliant news! Can't wait to hear this, especially if the Gillen material's been remastered. Thanks for bringing it to everyone's attention!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
                  http://www.black-sabbath.com/news/20..._released.html

Disc 1 of Seventh Star is the album, plus the No Stranger to Love remix from the video
                  Disc 2 of Seventh Star is a live concert from June 86 with Ray Gillen.

Disc 1 of Eternal Idol is the album, plus Black Moon (Demo), & Some Kind of Woman
                  Disc 2 of Eternal Idol is the Ray Gillen version.

I'm aware of three versions of the Ray Gillen Eternal Idol in bootleg circles, I'll be curious to see which one this is. I presume it will be the latter one I've had for awhile (the most rare) - which is more "complete" than the others.
                  I am buying this stuff for a cleaned up version of the Ray Gillen stuff.

Hell Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
                  www.reverbnation.com/sungod4

www.facebook/curseofdisobedience

www.reverbnation.com/clawhammer1 and www.reverbnation.com/blackmountainthunder

Comment

Awesome news! Glad that Gillen is finally going to be officially recognized. In my opinion, the Eternal Idol that was recorded with Gillen is ten times stronger than the one recorded with Martin. Not only vocally, but some things musically are also different, and better.

Will definitely try and purchase both of these at some point!
                    If the magic comes between us
                    And we never meet again
                    Take a part of me away
                    'Cause maybe it's all above love
                    ~As Long As It's Not About Love~

Comment

Wrong post!

Comment

It's interesting to have these new remastered & reloaded editions with so much of Ray Gillen material, both live & studio. Especially the live set is exciting. But for me, the presence of Tony Martin on the album Eternal Idol will always be #1, no matter how good Ray will sound on the original version.

What will really excite me are the remastered & reloaded editions of the albums HEADLESS CROSS & TYR, two of some of the most iconic albums in my heavy metal world. Original artwork restored, the bonus tracks added...I'm definitely buying those when they come out, even though I already have two original IRS copies of each album.

SO BRING THEM ON!!!
                        "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
                          What will really excite me are the remastered & reloaded editions of the albums HEADLESS CROSS & TYR, two of some of the most iconic albums in my heavy metal world. Original artwork restored, the bonus tracks added...I'm definitely buying those when they come out, even though I already have two original IRS copies of each album.
                          Ah yes. It should be interesting to hear what these sound like with modern mastering. HC was a little too muddy for my liking, and TYR has a little too much headroom (much like a lot of CDs that came out at that time). Both of 'em deserve to sound clean and meaty.

Comment

I've been told that a deal for them to do the IRS albums has not yet been signed, but it's expected it will happen eventually.

Given the IRS record deal was worldwide, I would expect those albums would be released domestically in the US, unlike all the others that have happened so far. (As a reminder, these sets can't be released domestically in the US because they're on the Universal label worldwide, and on Warner Bros in the US/North America. They're separate record deals, and as such, one can't release in the other's territory.)
                            Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                            View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

AMAZING!

Comment

Just pre-ordered both albums from Amazon.com/uk for 21.92 GBP. That equals out to about 34 USD for the both of them including the shipping. Not a bad deal considering it's four CD's of material (including the long overdue official release of the Ray Gillen version of Eternal Idol), and their being shipped all the way across the pond.
                                Last edited by MattSabb88; 09-21-2010, 01:33 PM.
                                Words laced with blasphemy, drip with sincerity. Falling into the plan, like sacrificial lambs. Hearing the words, and said rings like nail to the head. Now I can see the stars, I know we have gone too far.
                                - OverKill, "Horrorscope"

Comment

Working...
                                X