Seventh Star/Eternal Idol 2CD remasters on the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miracle View Post
    Will there be any rare pics from the Hughes era that we havent seen before?
    The producers sent me the full liner notes for both SS & EI. It's hard to tell whether you've seen a picture or not, so it's truly impossible to tell if you haven't seen any of the pictures. I'm honestly not trying to be a smartass, I really mean that.

Having said that, I would tend to think not. I just had a look through it, there's one picture that looks like an alternate angle of another press picture that has been around for awhile. That could count as a "new" picture, sorta. Most of the pics seem like lifts from the one music video from the album.

Same deal for Eternal Idol. The pictures in there should be familiar to anyone who has frequented my site for awhile.

Originally posted by BunnyPink View Post
    The price keeps dropping like a rock. 11.99GBP Three weeks ago. 10.2GBP two weeks ago. Now it's 7.62GBP. This is a steal. Order now before the price goes up.
    That's pretty typical for Amazon. Price drops several times as the release gets near. The week right before the release is usually (not always, but usually) the time for the best price.

Originally posted by montferrand View Post
    Joe, Do you have any information on that front? All of the remasters for the Ozzy era got a vinyl release, but nothing else so far (Sanctuary remasters of course).
    I don't know anything about vinyl releases. Wasn't in any of the press releases, so I would think not.

I've been told I have copies enroute from England, so I hope to see them some time this week. Once I get them, I'll have a report on the actual final product.
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

I just got my comp copies of the final versions of Seventh Star & Eternal Idol in the mail today from Universal records in the UK. I'm going to post some thoughts and whatnot probably tonight, or tomorrow once I've had a chance to listen through 'em.

First order of business.. Ripping to hard drive. Man, it seems SO WEIRD to see the Ray Gillen Eternal Idol in an official release now.
      Last edited by Joe Siegler; 10-25-2010, 02:44 PM.

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie 88 View Post
        dispatch date has been moved back a week, getting mailed out second week of November, this'll put the arrival time somewhere in mid-to-late November. Still, not bad at all, and you can't beat the presale price!

PS - This is my 666th post here. I'd like to think that I reached this point with a certain amount of taste, taking a few years to get here, not months.l
        I'm cool with the later release date closer to Christmas to enjoy the season better. It reminds me of the Deluxe version of RCMH that was pushed back for several months 'till December. it made for a really nice Christmas.

Congrats on your 6-6-6 post. I'm sure it was hard work! Do u remember "woe to you oh earth and sea for the devil sends the beast with wrath because he knows the time is short"... that's the cheesy begining of the old Iron Maiden # of the beast. It use to be cool back in the 80's. Anyway, congrats man!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
          I'm going to post some thoughts and whatnot probably tonight, or tomorrow once I've had a chance to listen through 'em.
          I hope you post some more pics, specifically what the CD print art looks like. I cannot wait any longer and dying to see the inside of EI. I got my copy of The Mob Rules Deluxe edition and the package itself is just awesome to look at.
          "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

Originally posted by 8bit Fighter
            I hope you post some more pics, specifically what the CD print art looks like. I cannot wait any longer and dying to see the inside of EI. I got my copy of The Mob Rules Deluxe edition and the package itself is just awesome to look at.
            That will happen. Ive already taken a few pics. Probably not until tomorrow, as today is my wedding anniversary. Better not do Black Sabbath site stuff today.

Comment

I've just pre-ordered both for me!

Ray Gillen on a official issue from Sabbath. Well, two cds on his sholders and he now have more Sabbath catalogue than Ian Gillan
              Can't you see what I see
              You and I victims of Their word
              As the master of power
              Try to poison our world
              ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Rules View Post
                I've just pre-ordered both for me!

Ray Gillen on a official issue from Sabbath. Well, two cds on his sholders and he now have more Sabbath catalogue than Ian Gillan
                I know the point you're trying to make, but if you want to go down that route, Ian Gillan appeared on two Sabbath releases. The other being the "Sabbath Stones" Greatest Hits package. It's tenuous, I admit, but he WAS on there.

Comment

I know the point you're trying to make, but if you want to go down that route, Ian Gillan appeared on two Sabbath releases. The other being the "Sabbath Stones" Greatest Hits package. It's tenuous, I admit, but he WAS on there.
                  LOL... Brother, you don't miss one, hm?

But, since Ray Gillen's laugh appeared on the official Eternal Idol, then he is recorded on three different official albums!

So, then again, he is over Gillan on Sabbath's catalogue.
                  Can't you see what I see
                  As the master of power
                  Try to poison our world

Comment

But, since Ray Gillen's laugh appeared on the official Eternal Idol, then he is recorded on three different official albums!

touché Ray

Comment

Interesting idea, but I don't know if counting a re-release of the same album twice is valid in that.

Comment

Well technically it's not the "same album twice."

I woudn't count the vocal recordings on Iced Earth's Days of Purgatory album as being the same songs as from the originals.

Comment

Originally posted by The Butt View Post
                          Well technically it's not the "same album twice."

I woudn't count the vocal recordings on Iced Earth's Days of Purgatory album as being the same songs as from the originals.
                          Alright, let's stop this here. This was something I was being funny and silly with. I see the seeds of a longer discussion that someone will get pissed off over. Let's stop it now.

Comment

Interesting idea, but I don't know if counting a re-release of the same album twice is valid in that.
                            It's not the same album since one has Scarlet Pimpernel and the other don't.

LOL

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Alright, let's stop this here. This was something I was being funny and silly with. I see the seeds of a longer discussion that someone will get pissed off over. Let's stop it now.
                            Ok, sorry, I posted my text above before reading your comment.

Getting pissed with such funny and chilling comments is somehow crazy, but I see your point.
                            Can't you see what I see
                            As the master of power
                            Try to poison our world

Comment

?? isnt scarlet pimpernel on the new deluxe edition?? and if so why?

Comment

Scarlet Pimpernel was recorded after Ray left the band, so there is no point on including it on he's version of Eternal Idol.
                                Can't you see what I see
                                As the master of power
                                Try to poison our world

Comment

Working...
                                X