Seventh Star/Eternal Idol 2CD remasters on the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the time spent write up Joe

Ordered both editions from Nipper, both came bang on the release date, so respects to them & Sabbs

Comment

• Extra Discs

Hi there, I'm back after a long time...

I just got my copies of Seventh Star and Eternal Idol. Here are my thoughts on the extra stuff on each album.

Seventh Star:
      No Stranger To Love (Remix Version) sounds much better than the bootlegged version. Now we finally have the official and definitive version.
      The live album with Ray Gillen does not sound good as I expected. I guess I expected too much, something like a crystal clear soundboard recording. But maybe it's just me. I have the bootleg version for so many years and the newly released version it's not a huge improvement to my ears.

Eternal Idol:
      Black Moon and Some Kind of Woman are presented in much better sounding versions than the old bootlegs. Again, we finally have the official and definitive versions.
      The Ray Gillen Version of Eternal Idol sounds really great! But it was not a surprise for me. I had a bootleg version with the exact same sound quality and running order. But it is really good to be able to buy an official album with these gems and not cheap bootleg copies.

Now let's wait for Born Again, Headless Cross, Tyr, Cross Purposes and Forbidden Deluxe Editions.

Comment

• Is there a place to get these things where they don't cost about $30. I saw on amazon.uk that they're selling for 8.95 Euro's http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...pf_rd_i=468294

I'm not sure how much that is in American dollars and if it would cost more because of shipping.

Comment

• 8.95 euros is just under 13$ US...I would imagine shipping to be about 10$ more, might actually even be less...

Comment

• Originally posted by 8bit Fighter View Post
            I ordered Eternal Idol...I'm curious, is anyone is going to switch the track order on Ray's EI to be the same track order as TM's EI or just going to listen as it is. I'm going to do the first option to feel consistent with both track listings.
            A month has past since I ordered this piece of "History" as my sister has said (and history would be right). I whipped out disc 2 and burned it, and my mind is #%&@ing blown (censored for comedic effect .)

Originally posted by Joe Siegler
            THIS IS NOT A PROPERLY FINISHED COMPLETELY MIXED, FINAL ALBUM READY FOR RELEASE. Disc 2 is an early version of the album with not all the nice overdubs, nice final production work done on it. It is a fantastically awesome look into the band's past, yes. But is an early version of the album. Not a finished version of the album.
            At first I was very disappointed reading this, but after listening to this half way now, I understand and accept it for what it is. But hey, had this been released instead of Tony Martin's version and Ray have not quit, after all the publicity they were getting already with him, THIS VERSION AS IS may have had a chance to winning back the masses to Black Sabbath once again as Heaven And Hell had. I didn't go and listen to it with the import's listing, but rather as I said, rearranged them as the first pressing track order (minus Scarlet Pimpernel, Black Moon, and Some Kind Of Woman of course), and I may have not heard TM's version in a long time, but Ray breathes new fresh air in his version, and Ray, is what Christopher Walken would say about him, IN A GOOD WAY. Ray Gillen, if you can read this beyond the grave, you validity and legacy as a Black Sabbath Member is now set in stone. Rock on people, enjoy the second disc.
            Last edited by 8bit Fighter; 11-06-2010, 11:49 PM.
            "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

• One week after ordering Amazon UK still out of stock!!!! Yes I AM inpatient dammit!!!
              Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

• Originally posted by Never Satisfied View Post
                One week after ordering Amazon UK still out of stock!!!! Yes I AM inpatient dammit!!!
                I'm getting nervous too. I ordered mine very early and then cancelled the order so I could add the Cross Box and save on the shipping. I should have just left the initial order alone - I would have had my Cd's by now. I hope this is not a limited edition run, I'm gonna be pissed.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedZero View Post
                  I hope this is not a limited edition run, I'm gonna be pissed.
                  It's not that.
                  Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                  View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

• I pre-ordered both from Amazon UK and received mine yesterday, all the way up here in Washington state. Shipping took just over a week -- not too shabby.

Like others have mentioned elsewhere, I'm a little disappointed with the sound on the Seventh Star bonus disc -- maybe I thought it would be closer to Dio's Hammersmith Odeon "Mob Rules" set -- but I'm not complaining. Gillen sounds great, and it's nice to finally have these. (Can you believe I've never owned a copy of "Eternal Idol" in any form?)

Comment

• I got mine last night. First thing I did was throw on disc2 of EI to compare it with my collection.
                      As Joe S. said, it's the same one as version 3, which sounds, by far the best of them. I actually gave Ray Gillen's mom a copy of V.3 when I first got it. She had never heard it and was very pleased to hear her boy in such good quality!
                      Ray's EI did get cleaned up and mastered, so I'm very happy with it. I had a feeling I would already have all the tracks on both discs (and all on Seventh Star as well), but was more than happy to support Tony Iommi for his permisson to release these officially.
                      It is great that Ray is finally on an official BS release! (other than the laughing bit, I know....lol)

Pick them up everyone, you will not be disappointed.

\m/

Comment

• In my opinion, the second disc of TEI is extremely comparable to the Martin tracks that ended up being released, which is a huge compliment considering how much I love his voice and that album. In the end, I wouldn't say that Ray's tracks were better, but I wouldn't say that they are worse either. Breathes some new life into these tracks that are insanely underrated.

Comment

• How come there's still no solo for "The Shining?" I don't see why the final solo couldn't be dubbed into the mix to more complete the song.

Comment

• Originally posted by SDMF Jon View Post
                            How come there's still no solo for "The Shining?" I don't see why the final solo couldn't be dubbed into the mix to more complete the song.
                            That's not what the Ray Gillen version was about. It wasn't about changing the tapes that were there. IT was about presenting it "as is". If you want that solo, listen to the finished version. Pretty simple way to deal with it.
                            Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                            View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

• I thought one of the former versoins did have a solo. If not, then I stand corrected and apologize. I thought there was a Ray version with a solo in "The Shining." It's been a long while since I listened to the two previous boot versions.

Comment

• Nice Job Amazon UK. You incompetent fukktards.......

Dear Mr Never Satisfied

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk with your enquiry.

I can understand that the items "The Eternal Idol (Deluxe Edition)" , "Seventh Star (Deluxe Edition)" is currently out of stock and you wish to know the estimated time in which we will get these CD's back in stock.

Unfortunately, we can’t guarantee if or when it will be sold again by us. Because of this, the item is currently listed as out of stock.

Occasionally, our supply of popular items is limited and some products sell out quickly. I am very sorry that you were not able to place your order before our supply ran out.

Perhaps you could check our website from time to time to see if this item has come back in stock or if it is available from a third-party seller through Amazon.co.uk Marketplace.

Clicking on the blue 'used and new' link on the product's information page leads you to items offered by third-party sellers on Amazon.co.uk Marketplace. You will be given a list of available copies of an item, their condition and their sellers. Please note we are unable to source products from Third Party sellers.

If you wish to cancel this order For future reference, you can cancel any items yourself when you visit Your Account ("Cancel items or orders"). As long as the item has not entered the dispatch process, you will be able to cancel it.

Once an item or an order is cancelled, you'll receive an e-mail to confirm the cancellation. Cancelled orders no longer appear in your order history.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused in this matter.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk

Did I solve your problem?

================================================== =======

So I had to order them on ebay for over twenty dollars more for the both of them and I would have had them a lot sooner if I hadn't ordered them from Amazon UK. I am not happy about this at all. Someone dropped the ball big time on this.
                                Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

Working...
                                X