Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unplugged-unfretted
    replied
    who said this would be officially released?

Leave a comment:

• David86
    replied
    Holy shit, it's for real! :D :D

Leave a comment:

• Axe fiend
    replied
    Woohoo! Just pre ordered both from Amazon, should get them in time for my birthday.

Leave a comment:

• Axe fiend
    replied
    I can't see it being released in an unfinished state.

Leave a comment:

• Nightwing
    replied
    The upcoming release of the Ray Gillen Eternal Idol version

Will it just be a released demo version which some of us already have (or "cleaned up" demos), or will it be a mastered album per say as it would have sounded, with Ray?

Any insight?

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    Pretty cool...I might be getting these...atleast the Eternal Idol one...not so sure about the Seventh Star though..

Leave a comment:

• Never Satisfied
    replied
    Originally posted by fondula View Post
    I have one called "Eternal Gillen" which features most tracks that ended up on the album plus a few live tracks. It's one of those things I had to have to satisfy my curiosity and fill out a history gap in my collection. I prefer the Martin approach but it's still interesting to hear Gillen. Perhaps a "proper" mix of the studio and live material will help me enjoy the Gillen stuff better. This is really exciting to see hit the shelves in a "real" way. What a great way to generate interest for a couple of albums that are often overlooked.
    I got a one called "Eternal Stars" with the Gillen EI album minus the solos and a bunch of Seventh Star demos with Jeff Fenholt singing.

Leave a comment:

• fondula
    replied
    I have one called "Eternal Gillen" which features most tracks that ended up on the album plus a few live tracks. It's one of those things I had to have to satisfy my curiosity and fill out a history gap in my collection. I prefer the Martin approach but it's still interesting to hear Gillen. Perhaps a "proper" mix of the studio and live material will help me enjoy the Gillen stuff better. This is really exciting to see hit the shelves in a "real" way. What a great way to generate interest for a couple of albums that are often overlooked.

Leave a comment:

• SDMF Jon
    replied
    Does anyone know if Ray's Eternal Idol version will be better quality than the 2 "bootlegs" that already exist? I assume what will be released will be the one with solos, but we all know what assuming does. I'm just curious because some of these other "ultimate" editions are poorly done (like including "bonus" or "instrumental" tracks that really aren't).

EDIT: Crap, sorry Joe, I just saw the end of your post, basically asking the same thing I just did. My apologies for missing it and asking the same thing.

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post

I'm aware of three versions of the Ray Gillen Eternal Idol in bootleg circles, I'll be curious to see which one this is. I presume it will be the latter one I've had for awhile (the most rare) - which is more "complete" than the others.
    Last edited by SDMF Jon; 09-15-2010, 10:52 AM. Reason: content

Leave a comment:

• Epitaph
    replied
    Hope the IRS ones won't take long!!!

Can't wait for those 2 though :D

Leave a comment:

• EDTRADER
    replied
    Well got my credit card out and ready to buy. Perhaps now the other albums now will get this treatment. With the B-sides, Live tracks, Demos. Let us not forget some of the live dvds that could come as well. I like the Lynyrd Skynyrd deluxe edition which had the live on The Old Grey Whistle Test performance dvd.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Siegler
    replied
    http://www.black-sabbath.com/news/20..._released.html

Disc 1 of Seventh Star is the album, plus the No Stranger to Love remix from the video
    Disc 2 of Seventh Star is a live concert from June 86 with Ray Gillen.

Disc 1 of Eternal Idol is the album, plus Black Moon (Demo), & Some Kind of Woman
    Disc 2 of Eternal Idol is the Ray Gillen version.

I'm aware of three versions of the Ray Gillen Eternal Idol in bootleg circles, I'll be curious to see which one this is. I presume it will be the latter one I've had for awhile (the most rare) - which is more "complete" than the others.

Leave a comment:

• Damian
    replied
    Joe has some more insight to this, I think he was waiting for permission to put up a story about it, but since the news is clearly now out there, I'm sure he will summarize the information and fill in any gaps that have been left out shortly.

Leave a comment:

• SweetSymptom
    replied
    Originally posted by Pink Led Rush Dio View Post
    It's getting a full remix so it maybe out later.
    You beat me to that. I had that feeling as well.

Leave a comment:

• Pink Led Rush
    replied
    Originally posted by paulmelv View Post
    Great news but I do hope this doesn't mean they are just gonna miss Born Again out. It so needs the remastered treatment.
    It's getting a full remix so it maybe out later.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X