Announcement

Collapse

Google Ads Question

Hey gang. I just posted something asking about Google Ads on my website. I'd like people's input (and help possibly) on this. Please go over here and have a read:

https://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/for...ads#post645883

--- Joe
See more
See less

Seventh Star/Eternal Idol 2CD remasters on the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charger
    replied
    Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
    No, they weren't. "The Shining" will always be a song one has to really listen to in order to get the lyrics.
    Heh! Thanks for the info. That's a pretty funny thing really.

Leave a comment:

• Sabbathman
    replied
    Originally posted by Charger View Post
    I don't have the Castle remaster of EI just the original WB copy...were the lyrics fixed on the Castle version?
    No, they weren't. "The Shining" will always be a song one has to really listen to in order to get the lyrics.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
    I addressed this somewhere along the line, I thought.

They printed what was printed in 1987 again, because they picked up the old liner notes which had the original error. They didn't look at the lyrics. I pointed that out to them before the package shipped, and was told it was too late to correct. If they ever printed it again, they might look into it, but I doubt there will be a huge rush on Eternal Idol that will require reworking the booklet.
    Yeah. I do remember this being talked about before.

I just find it really strange that nobody at the record company noticed this. Why don't they listen to the songs at all or check things more carefully before releasing stuff? Well this ain't that big of a deal at all, just a rather funny thing actually.

I don't have the Castle remaster of EI just the original WB copy...were the lyrics fixed on the Castle version?

Leave a comment:

• Joe Siegler
    replied
    Originally posted by Charger View Post
    Also the fact that AGAIN they screwed up the lyric sheet of The Shining is pretty much a big joke. Made me laugh that one too.
    I addressed this somewhere along the line, I thought.

They printed what was printed in 1987 again, because they picked up the old liner notes which had the original error. They didn't look at the lyrics. I pointed that out to them before the package shipped, and was told it was too late to correct. If they ever printed it again, they might look into it, but I doubt there will be a huge rush on Eternal Idol that will require reworking the booklet.
    Last edited by Joe Siegler; 04-30-2011, 03:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    Just got my copy of Eternal Idol Deluxe Edition.

It does suck that they gave up the Plastic cover thingy. Although it's a bitch to quickly get the cds out from those ones, but they do protect the package....the good thing is though that the back of the package is the same so it'll fit nicely next to the other Deluxe Editions I have.

It was addressed here before that the picture on the left is from the Headless Cross tour...that's a funny little mistake! Actually seeing it in front of me made me chuckle a bit!

Also the fact that AGAIN they screwed up the lyric sheet of The Shining is pretty much a big joke. Made me laugh that one too.

But the album itself. I really like the remastering, just like on the previous Deluxe Editions (Heaven And Hell, The Mob Rules and Live Evil) the sound is rich and full and not too loud. I like it a lot.
    The two bonus tracks are also great! I had them on the Shining 7" singles and on some bootlegs but never really listened to them so great to finally get them on the same album! Espcially Some Kind Of Woman...that is a real rocker...and very un-Sabbath sounding song.

The Ray Gillen demos getting an official release after all these years is great. But ofcourse Tony Martin is better and the songs sound better with him...and I've had them on bootlegs before but still nice to get an official release with better sound.

Well worth the price this one too and a great addition to anyones Sabbath collection!

Leave a comment:

• justme1
    replied
    I buy from a small "mom and pop" music shop (screw the chain stores AND Amazon) so don't have mine yet. Not worried about any minor sound issues, that's what my 31 band EQ is for.

Between TDYK, the Radio City Live show, 2 newly released Dio CD concerts, the Wacken DVD/CD, and these reissues with new vocalist "ear candy" it's been a rather hearty recent time compared to a years long drought before that.

I'm grateful as hell.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Siegler
    replied
    Originally posted by EzraCobb
    I ordered both these re-issues from Amazon.uk on the day Joe posted his review - I have had these for over a week and I love them. Nice job on the covers, and the bonus discs are obviously mind blowing.. I thank Tony for sharing these oddities with the public...

I have one problem - the deluxe edition "sticker" that replaced the Clear Slipcase that said "deluxe editon" like on master of reality and heaven and hell...

Digi pacs are a nightmare to keep in good condition - the slip case helps!!! and it is a nice "reminder" that this is not the original.

Now they put these cheep stickers that can never stay glued on arrghh

- When you spend this much on a CD - they should at least give u the slipcase
    I addressed that in my review. Label idea to save money.

Leave a comment:

• EzraCobb
    replied
    I ordered both these re-issues from Amazon.uk on the day Joe posted his review - I have had these for over a week and I love them. Nice job on the covers, and the bonus discs are obviously mind blowing.. I thank Tony for sharing these oddities with the public...

I have one problem - the deluxe edition "sticker" that replaced the Clear Slipcase that said "deluxe editon" like on master of reality and heaven and hell...

Digi pacs are a nightmare to keep in good condition - the slip case helps!!! and it is a nice "reminder" that this is not the original.

Now they put these cheep stickers that can never stay glued on arrghh

- When you spend this much on a CD - they should at least give u the slipcase

Leave a comment:

• Joe Siegler
    replied
    Originally posted by Killed_Kenny
    It would be great if they release deluxe editions of the other Tony Martin era albuns. It is so hard to find the Headless Cross and Tyr.
    Sigh. Read the sticky thread in this forum! Arrrrrrgh!

Leave a comment:

• Killed_Kenny
    replied
    It would be great if they release deluxe editions of the other Tony Martin era albuns. It is so hard to find the Headless Cross and Tyr.

Leave a comment:

• HuffStuff
    replied
    "Some Kind of Woman" is truly an odd moment in the Sabbath canon. Someone in the studio definitely had been listening to a lot of Van Halen's "1984." It's like "Hot for the Succubus" or something. Cool lick, though.

Leave a comment:

• DarthTyr
    replied
    Listened to the Eternal Idol bonus disc yesterday. Heard the Ray Gillen versions before on bootleg, but listening to it again reminded that 1) Ray was an absolutely fantastic singer with incredible range and 2) I still prefer Tony Martin's version of the songs.
    There's lots of small but noticeable differences in vocal melodies, phrasing etc. actually, and even though these songs were originally written with Ray's voice in mind (and of course partly by him) I think Tony's huskier voice gave the album a darker feel.
    Of course this could be partly because that's the version I grew up with...

Hearing the original single version of 'Black Moon' and 'Some Kind of Woman' for the first time was interesting. These two have to be among the worst songs ever recorded by the Sabs. 'Black Moon's is clearly inferior to the HC album version (where I actually like it), and 'SKoW' is just a throwaway really...

But as historical documents it's nice to see them officially released.

Leave a comment:

• TheSabbath
    replied
    Both The Eternal Idol & Seventh Star shipped yesterday from Amazon UK. Both shipped together for under $32 total.

I'd actually had them on pre-order since they first showed up, but had also ordered something else and decided to just wait and let it all ship together.

Well... I decided that I couldn't wait any longer, and changed it to ship those NOW. Thankfully both were still being reserved for the order!

What's the deal with these two being so scarce at most major online outlets?

Leave a comment:

• Axeman77
    replied
    Originally posted by Totentanz View Post
    Anyone not wanting to use an established UK outlet could try HMV:

Eternal Idol - http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProduct...;-1&sku=423627
    Seventh Star - http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProduct...;-1&sku=423982

International Shipping info - http://hmv.com/hmvweb/navigate.do?ct...1&pPageID=3329

This is a major established retailer in the UK - I use them semi-regularly, without any problems.
    Yeah thats a great store, thats where i used to get all my stuff when i lived in England.....

Leave a comment:

• Totentanz
    replied
    Originally posted by BunnyPink View Post
    So HMV is NOT an established outlet but ARE an established retailer?
    I canceled my AMZ UK order since they ran out and paid $20 more on ebay for EI. I'll order 7th star Deluxe from HMV today.
    Haha, my bad - that was a typo

Should've read: "Anyone WANTING to use an established UK outlet.."

HMV have been established for a long time. They are large and corporate (must be the largest music retailer in the UK high street), so you'll get pretty much what you find with any such organisation... although I've always found their online services pretty good.

I've probably ordered about 100 - 120 CDs from them in my time, never had a loss and I can't recall any single problem with damage, and if something's late they keep you informed etc.
    Last edited by Totentanz; 11-12-2010, 02:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X