Seventh Star/Eternal Idol 2CD remasters on the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seventh Star/Eternal Idol 2CD remasters on the way

As a lifelong Sabbath nut who knows way too much about every era I am so excited to note that both Seventh Star and Eternal Idol are on the way Oct. 25 in the UK from Sanctuary/Universal as 2CD Deluxe Edition remasters. I don't know where Born Again is (still being worked on perhaps?), but anyway, this is exciting-one wonders what could be on the 2nd disc of Seventh Star-a radio show, the Fenholt demos (I doubt it), studio sessions-who knows?
    As for Eternal Idol the tracklist is:

Disc: 1
    1. The Shining
    2. Ancient Warrior
    3. Hard Life To Love
    4. Glory Ride
    5. Born To Lose
    6. Nightmare
    7. Scarlet Pimpernel
    8. Lost Forever
    9. Eternal Idol
    10. Black Moon
    11. Some Kind Of Woman
    Disc: 2
    1. Glory Ride
    2. Born To Lose
    3. Lost Forever
    4. Eternal Idol
    5. The Shining
    6. Hard Life To Love
    7. Nightmare
    8. Ancient Warrior

This seems to be the album remastered with the b-sides on disc one and the Ray Gillan version of the album on Disc 2. Hope this info makes some fans smile-I did!

This is to good to be true

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eternal-Idol...4415960&sr=1-3
    http://www.last.fm/user/MusicFan91

Comment

I am so fukkin there!!! I got the castle remaster and a bootleg of the Gillan version with some Fenholt demos too but I need the b-sides!!!!!
      Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

Wow! Can't believe this! That is awesome! Any U.S. release date? I'm sure it wouldn't be a Sanctuary release in the U.S. Hopefully Tony has found a record company to stick with so we can get all the sabs catalog back.
        Originally Posted by Monster Boy

Depends on who is doing the rating. If they agree with me, they've rated it just right.

Comment

Here's an Amazon link with a november 2 release date and no other information.
          http://www.amazon.com/Eternal-Idol-D...4435728&sr=1-3
          Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

This is awesome!

Comment

This is the track listing for Seventh Star as per Amazon.co.uk.
              Tracks 10 & 11 of disc 1 are probably single edit and the slightly different video edit. I have no clue what disc 2 is??? A live show off the tour with Ray Gillen maybe?

Disc: 1
              1. In For The Kill
              2. No Stranger To Love
              3. Turn To Stone
              4. Sphinx (The Guardian)
              5. Seventh Star
              6. Danger Zone
              7. Heart Like A Wheel
              8. Angry Heart
              9. In Memory
              10. No Stranger To Love
              11. No Stranger To Love - Black Sabbath, Jeff Glixman
              Disc: 2
              1. Mob Rules
              2. Danger Zone
              3. War Pigs
              4. Seventh Star
              5. Die Young
              6. Black Sabbath
              7. N.I.B
              8. Neon Knights
              9. Paranoid

Comment

Great to have these coming out. Only bad thing is there isnt really anything 'bonus' to me. The bonus tracks are available else where. Like on some rare limited lp singles (band authorised).
                And if the 'No stranger to love' songs are the radio edit, Then its not really that much of a bonus either.

I am forgetting those who dont have the rare tracks in Black Moon version 1 & Some Kind Of Women. And the bootleg material. So I guess this release is good for fans in that regards. Its good these recordings are gonna get an official release now. For me Im gonna buy 'um anyways. To support the band and for the better sound quality.
                Last edited by EDTRADER; 09-13-2010, 11:56 PM.
                Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

Disc 2 of Seventh Star seems to be the FM broadcast of the 6/2/86 show at Hammersmith Odeon.

Comment

Great news but I do hope this doesn't mean they are just gonna miss Born Again out. It so needs the remastered treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmelv View Post
                      Great news but I do hope this doesn't mean they are just gonna miss Born Again out. It so needs the remastered treatment.
                      It's getting a full remix so it maybe out later.
                      Originally Posted by Monster Boy

Depends on who is doing the rating. If they agree with me, they've rated it just right.

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Led Rush Dio View Post
                        It's getting a full remix so it maybe out later.
                        You beat me to that. I had that feeling as well.

Comment

Joe has some more insight to this, I think he was waiting for permission to put up a story about it, but since the news is clearly now out there, I'm sure he will summarize the information and fill in any gaps that have been left out shortly.
                          Damian
                          Super Moderator
                          Black-Sabbath.com

Comment

http://www.black-sabbath.com/news/20..._released.html

Disc 1 of Seventh Star is the album, plus the No Stranger to Love remix from the video
                            Disc 2 of Seventh Star is a live concert from June 86 with Ray Gillen.

Disc 1 of Eternal Idol is the album, plus Black Moon (Demo), & Some Kind of Woman
                            Disc 2 of Eternal Idol is the Ray Gillen version.

I'm aware of three versions of the Ray Gillen Eternal Idol in bootleg circles, I'll be curious to see which one this is. I presume it will be the latter one I've had for awhile (the most rare) - which is more "complete" than the others.
                            Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                            View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Well got my credit card out and ready to buy. Perhaps now the other albums now will get this treatment. With the B-sides, Live tracks, Demos. Let us not forget some of the live dvds that could come as well. I like the Lynyrd Skynyrd deluxe edition which had the live on The Old Grey Whistle Test performance dvd.
                              Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

Working...
                              X