Cross Purposes Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross Purposes Live

Just got a copy sent to me after winning it on eBay. I think it is unfortunate that this VHS tape and CD set is not available anymore. Some great stuff here. Iommi sounds great on here and the set list is killer with "The Wizard" and a full "Symptom Of The Universe."

Re: Cross Purposes Live

Yes, it certainly is an excellent combo. Damn shame it's been OOP for so long. I fortunately got mine years ago.
    I'm also very disappointed with the recent DVD release of this show. Half of the friggen set has been deleted. What a complete waste. I will never purchase that. I've seen a Japanese version on Ebay which features the complete show. That's what I'll be investing in. I need to have this on DVD because video tapes sadly wear out. Mine is in fine shape now but who knows when it will decide to shit the bed on me.

Comment

What a coincidence, I was just listening to this album today. I hadn't listened to it in a couple of months, and I forgot how Tony Martin's voice was affected by his illness. It's awful that this is the only official Martin live album we have in the Sabbath catalog because he is supposedly worlds better than on this album.

Comment

I also got my copy of Cross Purposes Live the week it was originally released in 1995.

He was worlds better. Some of the boots from the Tyr and Forbidden tours show what he can do.

Yeah, there's Eternal Idol and Headless Cross as well, but for me, the Tyr/Forbidden tours were best for him live.
        Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
        View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

I came across my copy of the cd for $2 in a used cd store a couple of years back. I was ecstatic to say the least!

Comment

The full concert was fantastic...with tony martin singing very well playing old classic symptom of the universe,sabbath bloody sabbath and the wizard in his own flair the full concert video is fantastic..
            http://www.facebook.com/cosmicchants
            https://soundcloud.com/cosmicchants
            http://www.myspace.com/cosmicchants

Comment

I hope there's a official dvd-release of it

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I hope there's a official dvd-release of it

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully there's an proper dvd-release of the FULL show & not the edited-down version.

Comment

I'm with you guys on that.

Comment

i still enjoy listening to/watching this CD/video.but why aren't neon knights,mob rules and anno mundi on the cd?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      i still enjoy listening to/watching this CD/video.but why aren't neon knights,mob rules and anno mundi on the cd?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's a space issue - I don't think they'll physically fit on there.

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Any news on a proper, official and complete DVD edition of CP Live?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Any news on a proper, official and complete DVD edition of CP Live?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, none.

Comment

I got it on pirate DVD - good live, but mob Rules and Mob is bad variant

Comment

Classic Rock Productions has re-issued this on DVD with the name Black Sabbath - Masters From The Vaults. Unfortunately they omitted about 40% of the show. The reason they did it is unknown. I tried to contact them, they never answer why they didn't put the whole show. They are known for compiling DVDs and throw away bunch of material. So it's not only the case with Black Sabbath. Saxon, Deep Purple, Status Quo etc etc - you name it. All of these re-issues have been castrated. And as a matter of fact Black Sabbath - Masters From The Vaults is now deleted from their catalog and will not be re-issued.

I just purchased a PAL version of this double pack (VHS/CD) on Ebay (sealed). That's right, the VHS cassettes go bad. And I'm going to get rid of this pack very soon. But first I plan on recording this VHS on DVD starting with Anno Mundi all the way to the end. I will try to replace the VHS soundtrack with the CD soundtrack.

--Leonid

Comment

Working...
                              X