Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does everyone think of the Cross Purposes album?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does everyone think of the Cross Purposes album?

This is the only Tony Martin album I never listened to. I can't find it on the internet. The only song I know is "I Witness." Sabbath fans, in your opinion, can u tell me if I'll like this record and what r the good and bad songs?

You can listen to the whole album on YouTube, I believe. And I think it's the best album of the Martin fronted Sabbath. Immaculate Deception has one of Iommi's best riffs and is a true stand out track.
    "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
    "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
    "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

C.P. has probably the best Iommi riffs from all Sabbath's albums. Very catchy songs.

Comment

I feel this is one of the top 3 or 4 albums from sabbath. All the songs are very topical about the events from that time. Great riffs and bass lines and deffinetally the best song set for any Sabbath tour I have seen. So if you can get this cd I would highly recomend it.

Comment

Probably the best album they made after the departure of Ian Gillan.
          I don't need wings to reach the sky
          And I don't need hands to hold you tight...
          ~~~ Coroner ~~~

Comment

Cross Purposes is a great album

Comment

I actually like this album better than Dehumanizer.

Comment

The best album with Martin and begining to end one of their best efforts. The album has everything. Great music, lyrics, melody and songs.
                Nobody will ever let you know
                When you ask the reason why
                They just tell you that you're on your own
                Fill your head all full of lies

Comment

Cross Purposes is by FAR my favorite Sabbath album without Ozzy or Dio singing. Iommi was just totally ON with his riffing. My favorites from it are Virtual Death, Immaculate Deception, Back to Eden, The Hand That Rocks the Cradle, and Evil Eye. There are no bad songs.

Here is a link to amazon where a couple sellers are selling it used for under $18 dollars.
                  Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

It's the Sabbath album I play the least, except for Live Evil. I don't like the mood and the album sounds like the average heavy metal band, not like Black Sabbath

Comment

The re-uniting of Butler & Iommi? Martin at the top of his game? Rondinelli just tearing up the skins? Geoff Nicholls still in the fold? This album is pure Metal Thunder. I would argue that it is a Top 5 all time Black Sabbath release. It will never be seen as a classic, but for those who listen with an open mind- you will be rewarded.
                      The blind men shout "Let the creatures out, we'll show the unbelievers."
                      The napalm screams of human flames, of a prime time Belsen feast ... yeah!
                      As the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy.
                      We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies.

Comment

Cross Purposes is my favourite Tony Martin era album! Truly a masterpiece! Lot's of great riffs, Geezer's pounding bass, Bobby's drumming is exellent and Tony's lyrics are spot on!

If you don't have this one, buy it as soon as possible!!!

Comment

Fantastic album, I can't think of any songs I dislike. They're all good.
                          "I don't care which god you follow, whose promises you swallow" - Ronnie James Dio
                          http://www.reverbnation.com/breakingintoheaven?#!
                          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Breaki...916616&ref=sgm

Comment

A very special album. A buddy of mine who had a hard time accepting anyone other than Ozzy or Dio singing for Black Sabbath became addicted to it after I had him listen to it. Some really great top-to-bottom songwriting here. Very well paced, and a good variety of songs. This is one of those albums that I love listening to all the way through over and over and over again.

Comment

Cross Purposes is one of my fave albums, seriously. Great songs and Tony Martin in his prime. I love the era and tour. Why had this to stop? :(

Im glad I got to see the tour and some shows are archived and available on dvd ... Hopefully this era gets its recognistion as it deserves.

I love Bobby's drumming on this album a lot! Great line up!!

Tony Martin
                              Tony Iommi
                              Geezer Butler
                              Bobby Rondinelli
                              Geoff Nicholls (behind the curtain)
                              When will you show me a sign
                              When will you throw me a line

Comment

Working...
                              X