Jackpot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackpot!

Can't believe it! I was looking around my local shoppping centre today, and came across a shop i've never seen before, it was called "Record City" I went in, it was incrediable! It had Beatles posters all around, Black Sabbath posters, UFO etc ... Beatles music was playing non - stop. I went over to the Sabbath section, went two records in, and there was HEADLESS CROSS!" Couldn't believe my luck, after searching for hours on ebay I fianlly found one, it was $50, but some on ebay are going for $300! This was the last in as well, I then went and got Ozzy's Speak of the Devil, and Bob Dylan's live album "At Budokan"
    Can not believe my luck, so happy

Nice man I was able to find Ozzy's first 3 solo albums on vinyl today at a flea market also i found a copy of the Eternal Idol i was like yea! because I hate ordering and their is no record stores in my crappy town except one guy at the flea market who has endless records and i now found out i can place orders with him:D also I found Kreators-Extreme Aggression on Vinyl and cd so i got them!
    One day when your end is near
    I'll be laughing at your fear
    When you're gone there'll be no one
    Who'll be fucking up my fun No one!

Comment

Originally posted by SYMPTOMSofEVILWOMEN View Post
      Nice man I was able to find Ozzy's first 3 solo albums on vinyl today at a flea market also i found a copy of the Eternal Idol i was like yea! because I hate ordering and their is no record stores in my crappy town except one guy at the flea market who has endless records and i now found out i can place orders with him:D also I found Kreators-Extreme Aggression on Vinyl and cd so i got them!
      That's great, Eternal Idol was there too. Think i'll get Master of Reality, i've got it on CD and Vinyl already, but I would like a poster!

Comment

When i got my Masters of reality Vinyl the guy gave me a poster that he had when he was a kid of the logo good and big its awesome

Comment

We have one around here called Music City, they have imports, everything, and he'll order for you if he doesn't have it.
          "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
          R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
            We have one around here called Music City, they have imports, everything, and he'll order for you if he doesn't have it.
            Gonna do my room out all in Sabbath, Bob Dylan posters etc... get it completely "Sabbathy"

Originally posted by SYMPTOMSofEVILWOMEN View Post
            When i got my Masters of reality Vinyl the guy gave me a poster that he had when he was a kid of the logo good and big its awesome
            That's great, gonna see if he can order me Witchfinder General.

Back on the Headless Cross subject, i've played it about 20 times already! Full blast all day ... One of my favourite Sabbath albums.

Comment

nice man it is such a great album! and i Think a WitchFinder General poster would be SICK! i have a shirt of them

Comment

Originally posted by Axeman77 View Post
                Can't believe it! I was looking around my local shoppping centre today, and came across a shop i've never seen before, it was called "Record City" I went in, it was incrediable! It had Beatles posters all around, Black Sabbath posters, UFO etc ... Beatles music was playing non - stop. I went over to the Sabbath section, went two records in, and there was HEADLESS CROSS!" Couldn't believe my luck, after searching for hours on ebay I fianlly found one, it was $50, but some on ebay are going for $300! This was the last in as well, I then went and got Ozzy's Speak of the Devil, and Bob Dylan's live album "At Budokan"
                Wasn't it the best feeling in the world? To find a coveted album is almost otherworldly...CONGRATS for finding your precious album, enjoy it Axeman!

SEE THE PICTURE

I first bought the one on the left top corner from my old friend. Then I hunted for the one on the left bottom corner for about 5 years, I finally found it at the local bookstore that also sells used CDs - some guy had brought all of his Sabbath albums there for sell. I paid 6 or 7 euros for it. See the little black sticker placed on the casings?

Some 2-3 years ago I found the one on the top right corner for 5 euros, I just had to make sure I had another copy of this magnificent & near-extinct release. I remember it was late last year when I found the one on the right bottom corner, also for 5 euros, with the same obligatory thought in my mind. These latest discoveries were made at the Second Hand shop of Swamp Music, located in Tampere (did my usual rounds while on a trip to a metal gig).

But even with these twin copies of both albums in my possession, I'll be the first in line to buy the deluxe editions when they see the light of day! I already have 3 different releases of the albums Heaven And Hell & Mob Rules (Castle '96, Warner/Rhino '08 & Sanctuary '10) plus both versions of The Dio Years (first edition CD & the CD/MVI edition), the same ethos applies to these Tony Martin era masterpieces.
                "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

This reminds me of when the only 2 Sabbath albums that I didn't have were Tyr and Forbidden. Of all things I found a package that included both the Tyr and Forbidden albums on a single disc. Mind you this was not something someone had made. I'll have to post up a few pictures of it so that someone can shed some light on its origin.

Comment

$50?! Blimey that's alot! I remember buying my copy of Headless Cross on vinyl for about £4 back in 2005.

I think the IRS releases are slightly more common over here in England though hence the price difference!

Comment

I went probably last year to a record store I never go to... because frankly, they have like 10 metal vinyls (half of them are classified as ''metal'' even though they are soft rock).

I checked the new arrivals section, in between ABBA and some other garbage, Headless Cross for 7.99$! It's like in top condition... I have never seen a vinyl (second hand) in this condition. It's like it is new!

I had never seen this one before. Good record stores usually have anything between Heaven & hell through Eternal Idol so I was very surprised. Goes to show you that even the shittiest of place may have a hidden gem somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
                        Wasn't it the best feeling in the world? To find a coveted album is almost otherworldly...CONGRATS for finding your precious album, enjoy it Axeman!

SEE THE PICTURE

I first bought the one on the left top corner from my old friend. Then I hunted for the one on the left bottom corner for about 5 years, I finally found it at the local bookstore that also sells used CDs - some guy had brought all of his Sabbath albums there for sell. I paid 6 or 7 euros for it. See the little black sticker placed on the casings?

Some 2-3 years ago I found the one on the top right corner for 5 euros, I just had to make sure I had another copy of this magnificent & near-extinct release. I remember it was late last year when I found the one on the right bottom corner, also for 5 euros, with the same obligatory thought in my mind. These latest discoveries were made at the Second Hand shop of Swamp Music, located in Tampere (did my usual rounds while on a trip to a metal gig).

But even with these twin copies of both albums in my possession, I'll be the first in line to buy the deluxe editions when they see the light of day! I already have 3 different releases of the albums Heaven And Hell & Mob Rules (Castle '96, Warner/Rhino '08 & Sanctuary '10) plus both versions of The Dio Years (first edition CD & the CD/MVI edition), the same ethos applies to these Tony Martin era masterpieces.
                        It felt great! I got $150 for x-mas, and loads loads more, so i'm going to the Record store today to get some more! Not sure what to get though yet, but i'm defintly getting Deep Purple's; Perfect Strangers.

Comment

Originally posted by montferrand View Post
                          Goes to show you that even the shittiest of place may have a hidden gem somewhere.

That's a fact. Many moons ago, my wife and I were on a road trip. Stopped in some small mom & pop hardware store for some batteries, and I noticed they had one milk crate sitting by the counter with about ten records in it.

I gave them a quick once-over, and damned if there wasn't a still sealed copy of Thin Lizzy's first LP, on the London label.

$1.00

Of course, I bought it. Ran outside, wife asked about the batteries...had to go back in and buy 'em
                          gadji beri bimba glandridi laula lonni cadori - Ball

Comment

Originally posted by Vynlsol View Post
                            That's a fact. Many moons ago, my wife and I were on a road trip. Stopped in some small mom & pop hardware store for some batteries, and I noticed they had one milk crate sitting by the counter with about ten records in it.

I gave them a quick once-over, and damned if there wasn't a still sealed copy of Thin Lizzy's first LP, on the London label.

$1.00

Of course, I bought it. Ran outside, wife asked about the batteries...had to go back in and buy 'em
                            HA!

Comment

Originally posted by Axeman77 View Post
                              Sounds like a pretty good store, though pretty pricey. I wouldn't pay more than 15-20 dollars for that one, but then again I've gotten pretty good at scouting out inexpensive deals on CDs in the past 2-3 years.

I love non-chain music stores, but they're becoming less and less common all the time.
                              My Rock, Alternative, and Metal review page:

http://deadrockanthem.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X