This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mauricio View Post
    Joe, they could put Karlshamn Rock Festival 1995 as a bonus disc on the Forbbiden Deluxe Edition, assuming they have access to the recording. It's Cozy Powell on drums!

It is available with excellent sound quality on bootleg and it has a pretty interesting set list that would fill a whole CD. Also it would be much more interesting than the instrumental version of Forbidden cause it has no vocals.

This was the set list that night:

Ave Satani/Gates of Hell
    Heaven and Hell Intro
    Children of the Grave
    Neon Knights
    The Shining
    The Wizard
    War Pigs
    Headless Cross
    Guitar Solo/Rusty Angels
    Bass Solo/When Death Calls
    I Won't Cry For You
    The Mob Rules
    Guitar Intro/Black Sabbath
    Paranoid/Heaven and Hell reprise
    Iron Man
    Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
    Killer set.

This is off topic but looking at that set list made me think how great it would be if Iommi found a singer toured and just played a little of everything from his catalog.

The amount of great material that band would have to choose from is unbelievable.
    The time it is coming when all life will end,
    With doomsday approaching to hell we'll descend.
    Religion won't save me, the damage is done.
    The future has ended before it's begun.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
      NOTE: The song "The Illusion of Power" is the only time that someone other than the incumbent lead vocalist in the band sang on a Black Sabbath record.
      *Dons Pedant hat*
      Apart from the two songs Bill sang and the whole band backing vox on "Hard Road"
      http://www.last.fm/user/Purplegrant

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Grant View Post
        *Dons Pedant hat*
        Apart from the two songs Bill sang and the whole band backing vox on "Hard Road"
        You know what I meant.
        Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
        View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Same as the other deluxe editions. Thing I want more of is stuff never heard before. Loser gets it all n so forth is great but When I first bought sabbath cds I bought the imports with the extra tracks. In 1999 they were availablle more than now.
          Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

Joe, VERY grateful for your lists above and attention to minutia (which is *NOT* minutia to fans!).

I very much doubt this is plausible, but - If I had a wish list for it, Cross Purposes and Cross Purposes Live would be two separate releases.

To me, CPL is good enough and important enough to warrant its own release - An audio CD and a DVD. Cross Purposes would have the album, and extra tracks would either be tacked onto the end, or a second disk *could* be filled out with other stuff (I'm sure there was more than one show pro-recorded, or even instrumental stuff a'la Paranoid DE).

I realize, however, that this is highly unlikely to happen - The label would likely say that people would confuse them because the titles are too similar or some such nonsense. I just couldn't keep the though of it to myself in good conscience, however.

Looking forward to all of it.

All the best,
            PAULIE

PS - Speaking of implausible wish-list stuff, I would remix *all* of those albums so that they don't sound like they were recorded in the Grand Canyon. And as David86 said above, the guitar is buried in spots, etc.

I know - Ain't gonna happen, but hey, a boy can dream.
            Last edited by Paulie 88; 04-22-2011, 09:30 AM. Reason: Adding postscript
            http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UoulA6r90n...ill%2Bward.JPG

Comment

I'm just curious - why didn't Vol. 4 through NSD receive the deluxe treatment? There are tons of live material from those respective cds to put on a second disc (which seems what we are asking for here).

Incidentally the sound quality of the NSD and TE remasters are terrible from what I've heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Aureustgo View Post
                I'm just curious - why didn't Vol. 4 through NSD receive the deluxe treatment? There are tons of live material from those respective cds to put on a second disc (which seems what we are asking for here).

Incidentally the sound quality of the NSD and TE remasters are terrible from what I've heard.
                Source Tapes Not Available is the reason I heard
                Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

I do find it bit strange that they didn't make Never Say Die into a deluxe and add the Never Say Die video as a dvd...Granted the show isn't all that good, and Ozzy was so fucked up that he didn't know what he was doing and his singing was just awful...but it should have been included...but I suppose the source tapes weren't available either...

Comment

Originally posted by EDTRADER View Post
                    Source Tapes Not Available is the reason I heard
                    Well they have asbury park released as past lives. This would be a natural addition to the Sabotage disc.

Comment

Yes, the newest remasters of TE and NSD sound quite bad. I have tried to get information, why (because other remasters are so fine), but haven't got

Comment

Well they have asbury park released as past lives. This would be a natural addition to the Sabotage disc.
                        I meant studio outakes
                        Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

Originally posted by EDTRADER View Post
                          Same as the other deluxe editions. Thing I want more of is stuff never heard before. Loser gets it all n so forth is great but When I first bought sabbath cds I bought the imports with the extra tracks. In 1999 they were availablle more than now.
                          I go along with Edtrader. We need some really exciting unreleased stuff. 99% of the buyers already have these songs one way or another. Still cool to have all together within one release. Especially the Cross Purposes cd/dvd combo. That be pretty cool. Also it would be cool to have these albums released in the US but still ... Im not really jumping out of my chair.
                          When will you show me a sign
                          When will you throw me a line

Comment

Originally posted by Arjen View Post
                            I go along with Edtrader. We need some really exciting unreleased stuff. 99% of the buyers already have these songs one way or another.
                            No. THEY DO NOT. 99% of the buyers have never heard this stuff. I have said this before, and I'll say it again. The kind of fan who hangs out on forums posting messages like this is the MINORITY. The overwhelming vast majority of fans who buy these releases have never bought this stuff. Don't assume "your" opinion is the dominant one. It usually isn't. I've found fans throw around the "99% of fans" as a euphanism for "Well, I feel this way, and perhaps one or two of my friends do, so I'm going to assume everyone thinks this way!"

Fans who are "in the know" are always the minority. Most fans are too casual, and have no idea / don't care about things like this.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Originally posted by Paulie 88 View Post
                            I very much doubt this is plausible, but - If I had a wish list for it, Cross Purposes and Cross Purposes Live would be two separate releases.
                            Now I don't know what will happen yet, since contracts haven't been signed, but..

Let's face it. These four albums will probably sell the least of any of the series. Not that I don't like the music. Long time fans of my site know I have a special affinity for the Tony Martin era. However, I'm no fool. I know it's not the most popular era of the band's history. I mean, look at the places they were playing then. When I saw them on the Forbidden tour in 1995, they played a place that held just 1,000. AND THEY DIDN'T SELL THAT OUT! Now yeah, I know all the "explanations", but the fact remains that had the latter Martin years had some success, we wouldn't have gotten Ozzfest 97, and all the stuff that came after it. There was a quote by Iommi (can't find the source at the moment) during Ozzfest 97 where he said "If I didn't need the money, I wouldn't be doing this".

Anyway, the point here is that these Martin era albums aren't going to knock anyone's socks off sales wise. To that, I'm sure Universal will attempt to save some money in production costs by combining CP & CPL into a single package. Even with three discs in there, it'll be cheaper than two separate packages with however many discs it would take.

I'm pretty convinced CP & CPL will be a single package, although again - they've given me no news on this. Honestly, I'm not holding anything back here, all I know is that they will all get released, but the "how" of it - don't know that yet.
                            Last edited by Joe Siegler; 04-25-2011, 09:25 AM.

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

I updated the first post here with more info on some weirdness regarding record deals.

Comment

I have the original version of the song Headless Cross on CD and also a 'radio edit' version which appeared on the 'rock aid armenia' CD. I am curious as to whether the video version may be released too (or maybe it already has) because it seems to be the same length as the version on the rock aid armenia cd but it is faster and is in a different key, at least it is on the sabbath history dvd: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90mZT...eature=related
                                the skies will burn

Comment

Working...
                                X