X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paulmelv
    replied
    Originally posted by SabbathsValhalla View Post
    I can't wait for these remasters! Its annoying how long its taking and I know all the stuff with tony and the new album but ahh its annoying and one thing I wouldn't mind is a listen to Tony Martin's demo's of Dehumanizer as well as extra tracks and demo's during the other Martin Era albums
    more chance of Bill Ward playing lead guitar on the new album than ever hearing Martin's dehumanizer demos me thinks

Leave a comment:

• SabbathsValhalla
    replied
    I can't wait for these remasters! Its annoying how long its taking and I know all the stuff with tony and the new album but ahh its annoying and one thing I wouldn't mind is a listen to Tony Martin's demo's of Dehumanizer as well as extra tracks and demo's during the other Martin Era albums

Leave a comment:

• EDTRADER
    replied
    There's the Headless Cross edit version. Devil & Daughter LP single had a interview with the band. There's the chance that tapes of the band's Hammersmiths shows are laying around somewhere. Assuming we get any extras at all that is

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    Originally posted by MichaelWayne View Post
    Hopefully if they re-release Headless Cross, they'll add Cloak and Dagger, and Some Kind of Woman from the Black Moon single.
    Some Kind Of Woman was already included on the Eternal Idol Deluxe Edition.

Leave a comment:

• MichaelWayne
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
    I can't see how Tony will find the time to work on these until after they're done with whatever comes after the release of the new Ozzy era album in April.
    Hopefully if they re-release Headless Cross, they'll add Cloak and Dagger, and Some Kind of Woman from the Black Moon single.

Leave a comment:

• Headless Tyr
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
    I can't see how Tony will find the time to work on these until after they're done with whatever comes after the release of the new Ozzy era album in April.
    That's sad but true, and understandable of course. By the way, I don't understand why Tony Iommi must do this job himself. Can't it be done by someone with skills that he completely trusts? After all, most remasters or remixes of albums are done by people that weren't even in that particular band (correct me if I'm wrong).

Leave a comment:

• Joe Siegler
    replied
    Originally posted by Headless Tyr View Post
    I'm glad to see there are so many fans of these albums. I also hope Tony finishes this project real soon, though judging by Joe's comments this could take longer than we're all hoping for.

Leave a comment:

• Headless Tyr
    replied
    I'm glad to see there are so many fans of these albums. I also hope Tony finishes this project real soon, though judging by Joe's comments this could take longer than we're all hoping for.

Leave a comment:

• SweetSymptom
    replied
    Originally posted by EDTRADER View Post
    Those were demos/rough mixes. But they were not done to be released.
    Yeah, I figured. Still, they may be a guideline as to how it was supposed to sound.

Leave a comment:

• EDTRADER
    replied
    Those were demos/rough mixes. But they were not done to be released.

Leave a comment:

• SweetSymptom
    replied
    I wonder if the other mixes for Forbidden are still on tape somewhere. Ernie C later expressed that the version out there is somewhat different than his total version. Reaction from the IRS Record guys was mixed about the mix. The final say bosses said it was too dry and had too much of a Nirvana spin to it. So some other guy started to remix it giving it that 80's sound. But that quickly turned to confusion. So he was called back to England and to patch up the work. Brian May came down to the studio and listened to Ernie's work. He liked the sound and told Iommi that this sounded like what Sabbath did 20 years ago. So the third mix ended up going on sale. However not everything got to be fixed to Ernie's orginial. So there are three different mixes of the album.
    Weren't there rough mixes released from Cozy Powell's tapes by a Japanese bootleg cd company?

Leave a comment:

• Pink Led Rush
    replied
    I wonder if the other mixes for Forbidden are still on tape somewhere. Ernie C later expressed that the version out there is somewhat different than his total version. Reaction from the IRS Record guys was mixed about the mix. The final say bosses said it was too dry and had too much of a Nirvana spin to it. So some other guy started to remix it giving it that 80's sound. But that quickly turned to confusion. So he was called back to England and to patch up the work. Brian May came down to the studio and listened to Ernie's work. He liked the sound and told Iommi that this sounded like what Sabbath did 20 years ago. So the third mix ended up going on sale. However not everything got to be fixed to Ernie's orginial. So there are three different mixes of the album.
    Huh, quite interesting...

Leave a comment:

• EDTRADER
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jordan
    replied
    Originally posted by KiloDeltaCharlie View Post
    You might be able to save a little on Heaven & Hell (if not a lot) by buying from Amazon UK direct, it's currently 13.34 which converts to just over $21. Of course you'll have postage on that, but I would be surprised if it was as much as $9. H&H seems unusually expensive, all the other Deluxe Editions are in the 10-11 range.
    And also for some reason it doesn't ship out for 2-4 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• KiloDeltaCharlie
    replied
    Originally posted by Jordan View Post
    Some of them. Heaven and Hell is still $30+ for some reason, even though it only includes live footage. http://www.amazon.com/Heaven-Deluxe-...nd+hell+deluxe
    You might be able to save a little on Heaven & Hell (if not a lot) by buying from Amazon UK direct, it's currently 13.34 which converts to just over $21. Of course you'll have postage on that, but I would be surprised if it was as much as $9. H&H seems unusually expensive, all the other Deluxe Editions are in the 10-11 range.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X