X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know if Joe has any details yet?

no but srsly, thx for the information, keep us updated :D:D
    "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)
    -Ronnie James Dio, Rest in Peace

"In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)
    - Jon Lord, Rest in Peace

My first album!!!:
    http://open.spotify.com/album/60jv1AdlWvi1KlcR8JhG4b

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
      No. THEY DO NOT. 99% of the buyers have never heard this stuff. I have said this before, and I'll say it again. The kind of fan who hangs out on forums posting messages like this is the MINORITY. The overwhelming vast majority of fans who buy these releases have never bought this stuff. Don't assume "your" opinion is the dominant one. It usually isn't. I've found fans throw around the "99% of fans" as a euphanism for "Well, I feel this way, and perhaps one or two of my friends do, so I'm going to assume everyone thinks this way!"

Fans who are "in the know" are always the minority. Most fans are too casual, and have no idea / don't care about things like this.[COLOR="silver"]
      That's kinda true, BUT here's another fact. There are people like me , who write on this forum and don't know a thing of their more obscure stuff. I'd rather wait an official release like that with polished sound, than waste my time on a bootleg of questionable quality. This is my opinion on this matter and i think there are a bunch of people that think the same way.

Now i have only one request. PLEASE MAKE THOSE ALBUMS FILLED TO THE BRIM WITH OBSCURE/OFFICIALLY UNRELEASED STUFF. Not like those shitty Queen re-releases which you get an extra disc of 30 minutes, where in most cases those bonus songs could fit on Disc 1.
      A 2 CD + DVD for each of those releases would be wishful thinking ,eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Epitaph View Post
        There are people like me , who write on this forum and don't know a thing of their more obscure stuff. I'd rather wait an official release like that with polished sound, than waste my time on a bootleg of questionable quality. This is my opinion on this matter and i think there are a bunch of people that think the same way.
        I've never hunted for any bootlegs myself, not in the days of tape-trading (I was just a few years too young to even know of it, in the early 90's I just used to go to my friends and borrow originals & make C-cassette copies...or later on in the late 90's & early 2000's make some CD-Rs while waiting to have some money to buy real stuff...) nor in these digital times where basically everything is available to be downloaded from somewhere (I don't have the time nor the interest, I have so much original music in my hands so that it takes all my interest & time).

During the last 5-8 years I've seen the opportunity of downloading entire discographies which include some (or even shitloads of) rarities & obscurities, out-takes, live bootlegs, you name it...but I simply don't have the time nor interest for these, I just want to buy physical releases. I like to listen to albums one by one & make my own collections & theme sets from the albums that I've bought. I need to know & feel that I really have the album that I love. However, I think it can be a nice surprise if someone finds a decent-sounding live bootleg of some 80's show for some theme night/listening session, I think it's a nice addition for the night's "show". But when it comes to actually having some bootlegs, rarities & obscurities for myself, I prefer to buy a physical release where these are included (mastered to good quality) rather than trying to find them as bootlegs with a varying quality from somewhere.

So, whatever these new Deluxe Editions have as extras - live shows, bonus studio tracks/singles, studio out-takes, alternate mixes/versions, etc. - they're basically all new to me & nice additions to my collections. Live shows are the #1 extras that I appreciate, for me the original album & any live shows are the most important things in music.
        "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

I agree. Never heard The Fallen or any of the number of other 'rarities' people talk about frequently. So I am truly looking forward to these new releases since I never had them before, other than a cassette of TYR which is long gone now.

Comment

Originally posted by MachX View Post
            I agree. Never heard The Fallen or any of the number of other 'rarities' people talk about frequently. So I am truly looking forward to these new releases since I never had them before, other than a cassette of TYR which is long gone now.
            Still have a cassette of TYR

Comment

Any news of a contract signed for HC through Forbidden yet? I'm getting a bit antsy! LOL
              Originally Posted by Monster Boy

Depends on who is doing the rating. If they agree with me, they've rated it just right.

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Led Rush Dio View Post
                Any news of a contract signed for HC through Forbidden yet? I'm getting a bit antsy! LOL
                As am I...
                I make the devil laugh and angels wail. Forever I will reside beyond the pale.

Comment

I have all of these releases (except CP Live), but I am also very curious to see the extra material. Any live shows at all will mean a direct purchase from me, as long as there are SOME Martin-era tracks on there at all ^^. Cross Purposes Live will be a no-brainer for me no matter what extras it will include. Sure Martin doesn't sound as good on that tour as he did in 1989-1990 (which I consider his golden era) but it's still great music, and it is one of the few official sabbath releases I do not own (except box releases).

EDIT: Since there are so few Forbidden vinyl copies out there, I would REALLY appreciate a 2 LP remixed Forbidden reissue. I would pay a lot for that. I have all the other Martin-era albums on vinyl already, again except CP live (well... duh...), any vinyl deluxe editions of them are no-brainers for me though, in some cases money doesn't matter haha ^^ I will just make sure I can afford them if they are released, end of story.
                  Last edited by Josef_K; 07-07-2011, 07:09 AM.
                  "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)

"In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)

My first album!!!:

Comment

No. THEY DO NOT. 99% of the buyers have never heard this stuff. I have said this before, and I'll say it again. The kind of fan who hangs out on forums posting messages like this is the MINORITY. The overwhelming vast majority of fans who buy these releases have never bought this stuff. Don't assume "your" opinion is the dominant one. It usually isn't. I've found fans throw around the "99% of fans" as a euphanism for "Well, I feel this way, and perhaps one or two of my friends do, so I'm going to assume everyone thinks this way!"

Fans who are "in the know" are always the minority. Most fans are too casual, and have no idea / don't care about things like this.[COLOR="silver"]
                    Only time I've ever heard anything off of Headless Cross or Forbidden has been through youtube recently. Forbidden was recorded when I was in elementary school and Headless Cross when I was about 3 y/o. Been out of print so long that I've never really had the opportunity to get a decent listen. I'm not one for stealing them online either, I think the musicians and producers and engineers, etc deserve the support. I managed to get Tyr and Cross Purposes for about $10 each from a seller on amazon. Headless Cross and Forbidden go for so much on amazon and ebay its ridiculous.

I'm a huge Black Sabbath fan and still have never really had a good listen to these songs. From what I've heard on youtube they are criminally underrated albums. I really want these albums, but I'm not willing to pay $40+ for them. I'd gladly pay around $10-15 though, even $20 if they had some really cool extras. Hopefully they get around to re releasing them at some point, even if its just on itunes.
                    "I don't care which god you follow, whose promises you swallow" - Ronnie James Dio
                    http://www.reverbnation.com/breakingintoheaven?#!
                    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Breaki...916616&ref=sgm

Comment

Originally posted by MH1986 View Post
                      Only time I've ever heard anything off of Headless Cross or Forbidden has been through youtube recently. Forbidden was recorded when I was in elementary school and Headless Cross when I was about 3 y/o. Been out of print so long that I've never really had the opportunity to get a decent listen. I'm not one for stealing them online either, I think the musicians and producers and engineers, etc deserve the support. I managed to get Tyr and Cross Purposes for about $10 each from a seller on amazon. Headless Cross and Forbidden go for so much on amazon and ebay its ridiculous.

I'm a huge Black Sabbath fan and still have never really had a good listen to these songs. From what I've heard on youtube they are criminally underrated albums. I really want these albums, but I'm not willing to pay $40+ for them. I'd gladly pay around $10-15 though, even $20 if they had some really cool extras. Hopefully they get around to re releasing them at some point, even if its just on itunes.
                      I at one point had all of the albums except for Forbidden. The other day I saw Forbidden on amazon.com for $10. Maybe you should check and see if it's still there. Personally though? Instead of spending any more money on these I'd hold out for the Deluxe Editions. Unless you don't plan on buying the Deluxe Editions. That's what I'm doing. I shelled out so much dough for these albums the last time I owned them, I'm gonna wait it out until they come out on Deluxe Edition format.
                      I make the devil laugh and angels wail. Forever I will reside beyond the pale.

Comment

Originally posted by cwilder86 View Post
                        I at one point had all of the albums except for Forbidden. The other day I saw Forbidden on amazon.com for $10. Maybe you should check and see if it's still there. Personally though? Instead of spending any more money on these I'd hold out for the Deluxe Editions. Unless you don't plan on buying the Deluxe Editions. That's what I'm doing. I shelled out so much dough for these albums the last time I owned them, I'm gonna wait it out until they come out on Deluxe Edition format.
                        I'm awaiting, although who knows when they'll get around to it.
                        "I don't care which god you follow, whose promises you swallow" - Ronnie James Dio
                        http://www.reverbnation.com/breakingintoheaven?#!
                        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Breaki...916616&ref=sgm

Comment

I wish. I've asked a few times since I've posted this, and have been told "in due course", but I don't believe they've signed contracts yet.

I have no doubt it will happen, it's just when. That's all.

Only time I've ever heard anything off of Headless Cross or Forbidden has been through youtube recently. Forbidden was recorded when I was in elementary school and Headless Cross when I was about 3 y/o. Been out of print so long that I've never really had the opportunity to get a decent listen.
                          When Forbidden came out, I went to the local record store where I was living at the time, and looked for it. I was there like 30 mins after they opened in the morning. Couldn't find it. Asked the person working about it, said it's due out today, can you find it, I want to buy it. They looked in their computer, and the store had bloody ONE COPY ordered for sale. ONE! That's all the entire store had on order. The guy said it hadn't been sold, and I asked where it would be. Said probably still in the box from UPS waiting to be stocked. I made him go in the box and get it and bought it. Every time I was in any place that sold CD's, I went and put Forbidden up in front in the section the Black Sabbath discs were at.

The reason I bring this up was if retail CD stores in 1995 were only ordering ONE copy of the album for release on day 1 (and this was before CD sales went in the toilet), we shouldn't expect mega sales in 2011 (or 2012) of these. It never sold well in the first place, that we'll be getting at all in a deluxe edition is a minor miracle, IMO.

I'm awaiting, although who knows when they'll get around to it.
                          From what I can gather, once the contract is signed, they should happen in short order. I have no proof, more of a "gut feeling" on that.
                          Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                          View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

When Forbidden came out, I went to the local record store where I was living at the time, and looked for it. I was there like 30 mins after they opened in the morning. Couldn't find it. Asked the person working about it, said it's due out today, can you find it, I want to buy it. They looked in their computer, and the store had bloody ONE COPY ordered for sale. ONE! That's all the entire store had on order. The guy said it hadn't been sold, and I asked where it would be. Said probably still in the box from UPS waiting to be stocked. I made him go in the box and get it and bought it. Every time I was in any place that sold CD's, I went and put Forbidden up in front in the section the Black Sabbath discs were at.
                            This has been my complaint about alot of music I listen to. For example; recently, I've looked around the stores several times for Shinedowns new live CD/DVD pack. I can't find it on the shelves. How can I buy it if I can't find it...obviously I can order it, but what if I didn't know it existed and was just a casual fan and would buy it as an impulse buy? I get so frustrated at the music industries attitude (I include retailers in this) It forces people to bootleg when you can't buy it whether down to poor stocking or out of print (I have a copy of the Shinedown on mp3 by download - I intend to buy when I can find it!!). And when retailers say that they don't stock them because they don't sell... surely its they don't sell because a) we don't stock it and b) people know we don't usually stock this stuff and go elsewhere!!

Sorry....pet peeve

Comment

Originally posted by Ellbery View Post
                              This has been my complaint about alot of music I listen to. For example; recently, I've looked around the stores several times for Shinedowns new live CD/DVD pack. I can't find it on the shelves. How can I buy it if I can't find it...obviously I can order it, but what if I didn't know it existed and was just a casual fan and would buy it as an impulse buy? I get so frustrated at the music industries attitude (I include retailers in this) It forces people to bootleg when you can't buy it whether down to poor stocking or out of print (I have a copy of the Shinedown on mp3 by download - I intend to buy when I can find it!!). And when retailers say that they don't stock them because they don't sell... surely its they don't sell because a) we don't stock it and b) people know we don't usually stock this stuff and go elsewhere!!

Sorry....pet peeve
                              I would like to add that ordering the album doesn't always solve the problem ^^. I ordered a vinyl copy of Black Bonzo's "Sound of the Apocalypse" more than two months ago, it still hasn't arrived (I haven't paid for it though, I will do that when I get it from the store). All they have to say is "well this company doesn't always deliver in such a short time". Oh... you really mean that? sigh...

Btw, Black Bonzo is a great swedish progressive/hard rock band, much like Deep Purple. They have released three albums and are writing their fourth right now, check them up on youtube :D

Back on topic though, I still think it must be possible for others to find the Martin era CDs in stores. I found them all for about 10$ each, only because the store didn't know they were out of print or anything. Sometimes at record-fairs I can actually see two sellers next to each other, one selling Cross Purposes with a label "OUT OF PRINT! RARE" and three times the price of the seller next to him who thinks "Black Sabbath without ozzy? better put a low price on that, probably no one who wants it"

You just have to find the most uneducated seller when it comes to Black Sabbath rarities, and you're home free.

My first album!!!:

Comment

I have got an idea for the DE of "Cross Purposes Live" : 2CD + DVD :

-First CD : Cross Purposes Live CD, remastered.
                                -Second CD : Another live, maybe taken in the same tour or not, with Tony Martin, to show his capacities when he is not sick.
                                -DVD : Cross Purposes Live Video (original one).

What do you think about that ?

Comment

Working...
                                X