X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan
    replied
    Originally posted by Van Sabbath View Post
    I would assume so. And $40.00 is pricey for those things man. You can get them from great sellers on amazon in the $15-$20 range.
    Some of them. Heaven and Hell is still $30+ for some reason, even though it only includes live footage. http://www.amazon.com/Heaven-Deluxe-...nd+hell+deluxe

Leave a comment:

• Van Sabbath
    replied
    Originally posted by Jordan View Post
    Whenever they are released are they going to be released in the way all the others have (deluxe packaging, upwards of $40)? or what?
    I would assume so. And $40.00 is pricey for those things man. You can get them from great sellers on amazon in the $15-$20 range.

Leave a comment:

• Jordan
    replied
    Whenever they are released are they going to be released in the way all the others have (deluxe packaging, upwards of $40)? or what?

Leave a comment:

• Pink Led Rush
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
    Last time I asked was when I found out one track from Tyr was being used on the Iommi/Gillan album out last month. Was told then "With all the cancer stuff and the reunion stuff, this has gone to the back burner".

While they didn't explicitly tell me as such, I can't imagine Tony will work on this while the album with Ozzy is being worked on. I expect that album will have to come out, and then the tour finishes, and Tony comes down from all that to start working on this again.

I know some work WAS Done before the reunion stuff started, so it wouldn't take AS long. I've been told over and over it will happen, but let's face it. As much as we want it, it's a low priority. Honestly, as I've said before, it's the era of the band that's gotten the least attention. That he's still gonna do it anyway is a positive, despite how slow it's taking.
    Thanks Joe, I figured as much really, I understand it, but as you know it's just so frustrating when you think about it. Hopefully Iommi will still work on it in his spare time, I doubt it, but at this point we can all hope. I would just hate to have to wait another year or two on it. They started this series in 09 and it's 12 and we still don't have the whole series yet. Don't mind my rambling though, Im just a frustrated fan. haha

Leave a comment:

• Joe Siegler
    replied
    Originally posted by Pink Led Rush View Post
    Anymore news on this? I absolutely HATE that this keeps getting put off! These are the albums that Martin is most known for yet you can't even get them.
    Last time I asked was when I found out one track from Tyr was being used on the Iommi/Gillan album out last month. Was told then "With all the cancer stuff and the reunion stuff, this has gone to the back burner".

While they didn't explicitly tell me as such, I can't imagine Tony will work on this while the album with Ozzy is being worked on. I expect that album will have to come out, and then the tour finishes, and Tony comes down from all that to start working on this again.

I know some work WAS Done before the reunion stuff started, so it wouldn't take AS long. I've been told over and over it will happen, but let's face it. As much as we want it, it's a low priority. Honestly, as I've said before, it's the era of the band that's gotten the least attention. That he's still gonna do it anyway is a positive, despite how slow it's taking.

Leave a comment:

• Pink Led Rush
    replied
    Anymore news on this? I absolutely HATE that this keeps getting put off! These are the albums that Martin is most known for yet you can't even get them.

Leave a comment:

• Van Sabbath
    replied
    Originally posted by Von Bek View Post
    Forbidden does indeed feature at the lower end of my Sabbath album list, but it's still one I enjoy and listen to. A remix would be really interesting, but they MUST remove the rap from Illusion of Power.
    I think the album has some really good riffs and lead solos, and is definitely not S**t, as Tony Martin described it.
    I definitely agree that Forbidden isn't garbage. The title track was one of the first Sabbath songs I really got into. But as much as I understand why so many people want them to get rid of the rap on The Illusion of Power, I disagree. Deleting the rap would be equivalent to how George Lucas edited the Star Wars movies, all it does it make longtime fans angry. I see the rap as a novelty, and I don't think it would be fair to get rid of it just because people don't like it. It's a part of the song. And a part of the history. That's just my opinion on the topic.

Leave a comment:

• Von Bek
    replied
    Forbidden does indeed feature at the lower end of my Sabbath album list, but it's still one I enjoy and listen to. A remix would be really interesting, but they MUST remove the rap from Illusion of Power.
    I think the album has some really good riffs and lead solos, and is definitely not S**t, as Tony Martin described it.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Siegler
    replied
    Meaning there's no behind the scenes work he'd need to do to clean it up for release.

Leave a comment:

• Neon Knights
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
    It would appear that ONE TRACK from this era will show up again. Anno Mundi is being released as part of the WhoCares full album charity release. Check out this link below for more details on that.

I am attempting to find out the mastering source for Anno Mundi - whether it's the previously (somewhat old) CD mastering, or it's new remastering. If the latter, than it would imply to me that more work was done on these four studio albums than I was aware of. Will keep on top of this, and update this thread when I have more info.

http://www.black-sabbath.com/2012/05...um-coming-out/

UPDATE: I was told on May 10th that Anno Mundi has NOT been remastered. Additionally I was told "Tony has had little time to work on the IRS remasters, not that he'd do much to Tyr anyway". So there you go.
    Wow what a strange choice to have Anno Mundi added in there! Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic track but did Ian Gillan have anything to do with it? Didn't Tony Martin come up with all the lyrics and track names for TYR?

From reading the article you posted, I can't understand what this album is. There is some Glenn Hughes stuff in there too which I find strange! Has all of this stuff been re-recorded or is it some kind of compilation album?

Anyway no matter how strange it is, it's fantastic news to see TYR getting the respect that it deserves. I honestly thought Tony had forgotten all about that album seeing as he didn't say much about it in his booK!

By the way what does the "not that he'd do much to Tyr anyway" bit mean? I can't understand it.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Siegler
    replied
    It would appear that ONE TRACK from this era will show up again. Anno Mundi is being released as part of the WhoCares full album charity release. Check out this link below for more details on that.

I am attempting to find out the mastering source for Anno Mundi - whether it's the previously (somewhat old) CD mastering, or it's new remastering. If the latter, than it would imply to me that more work was done on these four studio albums than I was aware of. Will keep on top of this, and update this thread when I have more info.

http://www.black-sabbath.com/2012/05...um-coming-out/

UPDATE: I was told on May 10th that Anno Mundi has NOT been remastered. Additionally I was told "Tony has had little time to work on the IRS remasters, not that he'd do much to Tyr anyway". So there you go.
    Last edited by Joe Siegler; 05-10-2012, 07:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• The Wretch
    replied
    Man I wish they would get these albums reissued already! My old vinyls and cds have seen better days, and while I have managed to pick up new cd copies, I think those albums deserve the same treatment as any of the others. Frankly, in some cases they don't even need much in the way of remastering, just some nice packing and a few bonus tracks. Tyr and Headless Cross in particular, they are such great albums. The reissue of The Eternal Idol was fantastic. But then, its one of their most undervalued albums anyway IMO.

Anyone else think Forbidden is highly underrated and misrepresented? I've been going back to it a lot lately, and I'm enjoying it more than ever. I think I might even prefer it to Cross Purposes in places. The likes of Can't Get Close Enough, Rusty Angels, Get A Grip and the title track are monumental.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Siegler
    replied
    Originally posted by EDTRADER View Post
    Tony Martin answered by saying there's only A couple things that could be used as extras. And he doesn't see the re-releases happening. http://edtradernet.weebly.com/tony-m...interview.html
    To be honest, Tony Martin's not in control of them. Given he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder about Sabbath (rightfully so, I might point out)... I don't know if his "not seeing" them coming out is any definitive word or not.

I am convinced it will happen. It would have been out for now, had it not been for Tony's cancer, and the reunion stuff. Nobody knows when at this point.

Leave a comment:

• EDTRADER
    replied
    Tony Martin answered by saying there's only A couple things that could be used as extras. And he doesn't see the re-releases happening. http://edtradernet.weebly.com/tony-m...interview.html

Leave a comment:

• Joe Siegler
    replied
    They haven't changed the artwork for any other of the releases (except possibly Master of Reality, but that has a tortured history of cover art - see my discog page for more). I can't see them doing that at all, no.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X