Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forbidden Remix & Martin era Remasters

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    That would be awesome but dont count in it.... Count on nothing and th release would be okay. Lets hope they include the Japanese track and the DVD.
    When will you show me a sign
    When will you throw me a line

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
      The reason I bring this up was if retail CD stores in 1995 were only ordering ONE copy of the album for release on day 1 (and this was before CD sales went in the toilet), we shouldn't expect mega sales in 2011 (or 2012) of these. It never sold well in the first place, that we'll be getting at all in a deluxe edition is a minor miracle, IMO.
      You mean all the TM era albums or just Forbidden? I was under the impression they were selling rather well in Europe.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Zak Mayers View Post
        You mean all the TM era albums or just Forbidden? I was under the impression they were selling rather well in Europe.
        Cross Purposes & Forbidden were pretty much "meh". Headless Cross & Tyr did well in Europe. The others didn't.
        Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
        View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

        "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
          Cross Purposes & Forbidden were pretty much "meh". Headless Cross & Tyr did well in Europe. The others didn't.
          Makes you wonder if the Dehumanizer album didn't happen and if the Tyr line up had stayed together if they would've continued selling well in Europe. I'm sure the line up lost some buzz due to the Mob Rules line up reunion.
          I make the devil laugh and angels wail. Forever I will reside beyond the pale.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by 777Jep View Post
            I have got an idea for the DE of "Cross Purposes Live" : 2CD + DVD :

            -First CD : Cross Purposes Live CD, remastered.
            -Second CD : Another live, maybe taken in the same tour or not, with Tony Martin, to show his capacities when he is not sick.
            -DVD : Cross Purposes Live Video (original one).

            What do you think about that ?
            Good idea, but the full Cross Purposes Live (provided they restore it for the album and video) would cover two discs.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
              Good idea, but the full Cross Purposes Live (provided they restore it for the album and video) would cover two discs.
              The way I see it, if they're gonna release a Cross Purposes DE, I predict the following:

              Disc 1: Cross Purposes Original Album (+ Japanese bonus track?)
              Disc 2: Cross Purposes Live CD (no extras)
              Disc 3: Cross Purposes Live DVD (no extras)

              I don't see Universal going overboard looking for unreleased tracks for this. besides, I've seen other DEs that have followed the same suit. I'm a fan of Sarah McLachlan, and a few years back they released a DE of her 1994 album "Fumbling Towards Ecstasy". It featured the original album (disc 1), The Freedom Sessions (demos of the album) (disc 2), plus a live DVD Fumbling Towards Ecstasy Live (disc 3). All of these had been previously available. They just compiled them all into one release. It didn't even have the UK/Japan bonus track.

              As much as I would love to hear some unreleased material from Cross Purposes, I don't see it happening. Universal aren't going to go out of their way to look for any rare or unreleased material. Besides, Cross Purposes Live is enough of a rarity in of itself to warrant its inclusion in a DE release. (It would be the first time Cross Purposes Live would be available on DVD as well - in an official and authorised form. Universal would have to transfer it to the digital format as well. I can't see Universal doing more than that.).
              Last edited by lukehatton; 07-25-2011, 05:17 AM.

              Comment


              • #52
                I would be happy even if they only release those albums without any bonus material. They are so hard to find nowadays.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
                  Cross Purposes & Forbidden were pretty much "meh". Headless Cross & Tyr did well in Europe. The others didn't.
                  Wow. I can understand that Forbidden didn't sell well, because of the reviews and all that, but Cross Purposes? How could that album NOT sell well. The label must have really done NOTHING to promote it.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Zak Mayers View Post
                    Wow. I can understand that Forbidden didn't sell well, because of the reviews and all that, but Cross Purposes? How could that album NOT sell well. The label must have really done NOTHING to promote it.
                    "Tyr" tour => about 40 concerts given in Europe
                    "Dehumanizer" tour => 12 gigs in Europe, with 6 of them in the UK and two other being festival appearances.

                    During the "Dehumanizer" era, all the efforts of the record company were turned towards the US. When the time came to tour Europe again with "Cross Purposes", Warner had stopped backing the band and IRS were on their own to reconquer Europe after 4 years of amost complete absence of the band.

                    By 1994, the US didn't care for a Tony Martin fronted Sabbath and Europe had forgotten about the band. I remember talking with Neil Murray once, and he told me that he always felt that if the "Tyr" line-up had been given a few more years, they could have made it big in Europe, but Tony Iommi wanted the US, and he wanted them now. And so the band sacrificed their bond with Europe to gain success in the US.

                    Unfortunately, with Dio leaving after only one album, they ultimately lost both Europe and the US.
                    Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.
                    "Black Sabbath : la BÍte venue de Birmingham"

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Also it was 1994. Things were tough for metal bands at that time.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by fondula View Post
                        Also it was 1994. Things were tough for metal bands at that time.
                        Unless you were Pantera or Megadeth
                        Last.fm Profile | Rate Your Music Profile

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by fondula View Post
                          Also it was 1994. Things were tough for metal bands at that time.
                          Yeah the 90's weren't the best time for metal. Still you would imagine that an album like CP would have good sales.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by lukehatton View Post
                            The way I see it, if they're gonna release a Cross Purposes DE, I predict the following:

                            Disc 1: Cross Purposes Original Album (+ Japanese bonus track?)
                            Disc 2: Cross Purposes Live CD (no extras)
                            Disc 3: Cross Purposes Live DVD (no extras)
                            I'd certainly be fine with that. As long as the DVD was NTSC and was progressively encoded. If this release is geared towards Europe, though, then I would suspect a PAL DVD instead (which could still work on U.S. blu ray players if the DVD is region free).

                            Cross Purposes is a very, very good album, and Cross Purposes Live is a great live album. The video needs a proper release of the full show.

                            I actually saw the Cross Purposes tour in Los Angeles, and the Universal Amphitheater was packed. It was a great show. Rondinelli was a monster on the drums, and having Geezer back in the band definitely elevated the performance and gave it more of a Sabbath sound. Iommi, of course, was Iommi, and Tony Martin did what he does - and he did it well.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by B5Erik View Post
                              I'd certainly be fine with that. As long as the DVD was NTSC and was progressively encoded. If this release is geared towards Europe, though, then I would suspect a PAL DVD instead (which could still work on U.S. blu ray players if the DVD is region free).
                              Actually it doesn't matter if the video format is PAL because most of the DVD players can show both, NTSC and PAL. It depends about the region code, and I would guess that if Universal is releasing a DVD of the content, it's going to be R0 / PAL

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Zak Mayers View Post
                                Yeah the 90's weren't the best time for metal. Still you would imagine that an album like CP would have good sales.
                                Grunge killed metal in the 90's. Because of this I have an unbridled hatred for grunge and all things Kurt Cobain and Nirvana.
                                I make the devil laugh and angels wail. Forever I will reside beyond the pale.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X