X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forbidden does indeed feature at the lower end of my Sabbath album list, but it's still one I enjoy and listen to. A remix would be really interesting, but they MUST remove the rap from Illusion of Power.
    I think the album has some really good riffs and lead solos, and is definitely not S**t, as Tony Martin described it.

Comment

Originally posted by Von Bek View Post
      Forbidden does indeed feature at the lower end of my Sabbath album list, but it's still one I enjoy and listen to. A remix would be really interesting, but they MUST remove the rap from Illusion of Power.
      I think the album has some really good riffs and lead solos, and is definitely not S**t, as Tony Martin described it.
      I definitely agree that Forbidden isn't garbage. The title track was one of the first Sabbath songs I really got into. But as much as I understand why so many people want them to get rid of the rap on The Illusion of Power, I disagree. Deleting the rap would be equivalent to how George Lucas edited the Star Wars movies, all it does it make longtime fans angry. I see the rap as a novelty, and I don't think it would be fair to get rid of it just because people don't like it. It's a part of the song. And a part of the history. That's just my opinion on the topic.

Comment

Anymore news on this? I absolutely HATE that this keeps getting put off! These are the albums that Martin is most known for yet you can't even get them.
        Originally Posted by Monster Boy

Depends on who is doing the rating. If they agree with me, they've rated it just right.

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Led Rush View Post
          Anymore news on this? I absolutely HATE that this keeps getting put off! These are the albums that Martin is most known for yet you can't even get them.
          Last time I asked was when I found out one track from Tyr was being used on the Iommi/Gillan album out last month. Was told then "With all the cancer stuff and the reunion stuff, this has gone to the back burner".

While they didn't explicitly tell me as such, I can't imagine Tony will work on this while the album with Ozzy is being worked on. I expect that album will have to come out, and then the tour finishes, and Tony comes down from all that to start working on this again.

I know some work WAS Done before the reunion stuff started, so it wouldn't take AS long. I've been told over and over it will happen, but let's face it. As much as we want it, it's a low priority. Honestly, as I've said before, it's the era of the band that's gotten the least attention. That he's still gonna do it anyway is a positive, despite how slow it's taking.
          Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
          View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
            Last time I asked was when I found out one track from Tyr was being used on the Iommi/Gillan album out last month. Was told then "With all the cancer stuff and the reunion stuff, this has gone to the back burner".

While they didn't explicitly tell me as such, I can't imagine Tony will work on this while the album with Ozzy is being worked on. I expect that album will have to come out, and then the tour finishes, and Tony comes down from all that to start working on this again.

I know some work WAS Done before the reunion stuff started, so it wouldn't take AS long. I've been told over and over it will happen, but let's face it. As much as we want it, it's a low priority. Honestly, as I've said before, it's the era of the band that's gotten the least attention. That he's still gonna do it anyway is a positive, despite how slow it's taking.
            Thanks Joe, I figured as much really, I understand it, but as you know it's just so frustrating when you think about it. Hopefully Iommi will still work on it in his spare time, I doubt it, but at this point we can all hope. I would just hate to have to wait another year or two on it. They started this series in 09 and it's 12 and we still don't have the whole series yet. Don't mind my rambling though, Im just a frustrated fan. haha

Depends on who is doing the rating. If they agree with me, they've rated it just right.

Comment

Whenever they are released are they going to be released in the way all the others have (deluxe packaging, upwards of $40)? or what?
              Iommi = Sabbath

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                Whenever they are released are they going to be released in the way all the others have (deluxe packaging, upwards of $40)? or what?
                I would assume so. And $40.00 is pricey for those things man. You can get them from great sellers on amazon in the $15-$20 range.

Comment

Originally posted by Van Sabbath View Post
                  I would assume so. And $40.00 is pricey for those things man. You can get them from great sellers on amazon in the $15-$20 range.
                  Some of them. Heaven and Hell is still $30+ for some reason, even though it only includes live footage. http://www.amazon.com/Heaven-Deluxe-...nd+hell+deluxe
                  Iommi = Sabbath

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                    Some of them. Heaven and Hell is still $30+ for some reason, even though it only includes live footage. http://www.amazon.com/Heaven-Deluxe-...nd+hell+deluxe
                    You might be able to save a little on Heaven & Hell (if not a lot) by buying from Amazon UK direct, it's currently 13.34 which converts to just over $21. Of course you'll have postage on that, but I would be surprised if it was as much as $9. H&H seems unusually expensive, all the other Deluxe Editions are in the 10-11 range.
                    My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by KiloDeltaCharlie View Post
                      You might be able to save a little on Heaven & Hell (if not a lot) by buying from Amazon UK direct, it's currently 13.34 which converts to just over $21. Of course you'll have postage on that, but I would be surprised if it was as much as $9. H&H seems unusually expensive, all the other Deluxe Editions are in the 10-11 range.
                      And also for some reason it doesn't ship out for 2-4 weeks.
                      Iommi = Sabbath

Comment

• I wonder if the other mixes for Forbidden are still on tape somewhere. Ernie C later expressed that the version out there is somewhat different than his total version. Reaction from the IRS Record guys was mixed about the mix. The final say bosses said it was too dry and had too much of a Nirvana spin to it. So some other guy started to remix it giving it that 80's sound. But that quickly turned to confusion. So he was called back to England and to patch up the work. Brian May came down to the studio and listened to Ernie's work. He liked the sound and told Iommi that this sounded like what Sabbath did 20 years ago. So the third mix ended up going on sale. However not everything got to be fixed to Ernie's orginial. So there are three different mixes of the album.
                        Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

• Originally posted by EDTRADER View Post
                          I wonder if the other mixes for Forbidden are still on tape somewhere. Ernie C later expressed that the version out there is somewhat different than his total version. Reaction from the IRS Record guys was mixed about the mix. The final say bosses said it was too dry and had too much of a Nirvana spin to it. So some other guy started to remix it giving it that 80's sound. But that quickly turned to confusion. So he was called back to England and to patch up the work. Brian May came down to the studio and listened to Ernie's work. He liked the sound and told Iommi that this sounded like what Sabbath did 20 years ago. So the third mix ended up going on sale. However not everything got to be fixed to Ernie's orginial. So there are three different mixes of the album.
                          Huh, quite interesting...

Comment

I wonder if the other mixes for Forbidden are still on tape somewhere. Ernie C later expressed that the version out there is somewhat different than his total version. Reaction from the IRS Record guys was mixed about the mix. The final say bosses said it was too dry and had too much of a Nirvana spin to it. So some other guy started to remix it giving it that 80's sound. But that quickly turned to confusion. So he was called back to England and to patch up the work. Brian May came down to the studio and listened to Ernie's work. He liked the sound and told Iommi that this sounded like what Sabbath did 20 years ago. So the third mix ended up going on sale. However not everything got to be fixed to Ernie's orginial. So there are three different mixes of the album.
                            Weren't there rough mixes released from Cozy Powell's tapes by a Japanese bootleg cd company?

Comment

• Those were demos/rough mixes. But they were not done to be released.
                              Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

Those were demos/rough mixes. But they were not done to be released.
                                Yeah, I figured. Still, they may be a guideline as to how it was supposed to sound.

Comment

Working...
                                X