X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm glad to see there are so many fans of these albums. I also hope Tony finishes this project real soon, though judging by Joe's comments this could take longer than we're all hoping for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless Tyr View Post
      I'm glad to see there are so many fans of these albums. I also hope Tony finishes this project real soon, though judging by Joe's comments this could take longer than we're all hoping for.
      I can't see how Tony will find the time to work on these until after they're done with whatever comes after the release of the new Ozzy era album in April.
      Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
      View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
        I can't see how Tony will find the time to work on these until after they're done with whatever comes after the release of the new Ozzy era album in April.
        That's sad but true, and understandable of course. By the way, I don't understand why Tony Iommi must do this job himself. Can't it be done by someone with skills that he completely trusts? After all, most remasters or remixes of albums are done by people that weren't even in that particular band (correct me if I'm wrong).

Comment

Hopefully if they re-release Headless Cross, they'll add Cloak and Dagger, and Some Kind of Woman from the Black Moon single.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelWayne View Post
            Hopefully if they re-release Headless Cross, they'll add Cloak and Dagger, and Some Kind of Woman from the Black Moon single.
            Some Kind Of Woman was already included on the Eternal Idol Deluxe Edition.

Comment

• There's the Headless Cross edit version. Devil & Daughter LP single had a interview with the band. There's the chance that tapes of the band's Hammersmiths shows are laying around somewhere. Assuming we get any extras at all that is
              Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

• I can't wait for these remasters! Its annoying how long its taking and I know all the stuff with tony and the new album but ahh its annoying and one thing I wouldn't mind is a listen to Tony Martin's demo's of Dehumanizer as well as extra tracks and demo's during the other Martin Era albums

Comment

• Originally posted by SabbathsValhalla View Post
                  I can't wait for these remasters! Its annoying how long its taking and I know all the stuff with tony and the new album but ahh its annoying and one thing I wouldn't mind is a listen to Tony Martin's demo's of Dehumanizer as well as extra tracks and demo's during the other Martin Era albums
                  more chance of Bill Ward playing lead guitar on the new album than ever hearing Martin's dehumanizer demos me thinks

Comment

• If they're indeed remixing Forbidden, I hope they add some more reverb to it.
                    The songs themselves just sound like 80's metal to me, but the mix didn't exactly reflect that in my ears.
                    "I'll SWALLOW YOUR SOUL!"
                    -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• IRS are part of Parlophone Label Group, which Universal sold to Warner Music Group and is to be approved by Brussels. Since Rhino are part of Warner maybe we should ask them, though Dehumanizer was already reissued by them in North America as that was a seperate deal.

Comment

• Doesn't matter. Rights are with Tony.
                        Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                        View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Doesn't matter. Rights are with Tony.
                          As they should be. Especially as opposed to being held by some archaic record company. I'd rather have no reissues at all than have some record company sharks pump out some crap product without the artists permission....and honestly?... In my opinion None of the Sabbath reissues that I have seen so far have been Great products, certainly not anything to hold ones breath over. I Hate to say that because Sabbath is my favorite band but dozens of much less successful bands have had reissues that are Vastly superior (anyone ever heard of Uriah Heep?) to the Sabbath ones. I would seek out the originals at this point if I didn't have them already.
                          Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

• Well now that Sabbath's new album 13 is a month and a few days away, I was just wondering if there has been any more news about these VERY LONG AWAITED deluxe editions and remasters of the Tony Martin era, because its annoying they are not out yet. So what's the lastest news then \m/

Comment

Well now that Sabbath's new album 13 is a month and a few days away, I was just wondering if there has been any more news about these VERY LONG AWAITED deluxe editions and remasters of the Tony Martin era, because its annoying they are not out yet. So what's the lastest news then \m/
                              I would be surprised after the whole 13 hype if the deluxe editions still happen. If there is any news on it, Joe will be the first to let us know.

Comment

Well now that Sabbath's new album 13 is a month and a few days away, I was just wondering if there has been any more news about these VERY LONG AWAITED deluxe editions and remasters of the Tony Martin era, because its annoying they are not out yet. So what's the lastest news then \m/
                                I think a box set of the Martin era is due.
                                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                                ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Working...
                                X