X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Siegler
    replied
    OK, that's what I'm doing. Closing the thread until new info comes up. If you feel you've found something new, please email me.

Leave a comment:

• Jordan
    replied
    I agree Joe, I think this thread should be closed, I see people asking about it constantly. (Even myself, LOL)

Leave a comment:

• Joe Siegler
    replied
    Originally posted by SabbathsValhalla View Post
    Is there a New Update On These Remasters? Will There Be Deluxe Editions?

Thinking of closing thread until new information surfaces.

Leave a comment:

• Van Sabbath
    replied
    If there is an update, you can be sure Joe will be the first to tell us.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    I just received my copy of Cross Purposes, I bought off Amazon used, that completes my Tony martin/Sabbath collection on CD.

I think the only Deluxe Edition available is Eternal Idol, which I have.

Leave a comment:

• SabbathsValhalla
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Van Sabbath
    replied
    Originally posted by Josef_K View Post
    If the Ozzy-era reunion is only intended to last one album and tour, then Iommi will probably pick up his work on the albums after the whole thing is over. If it is not planned for how long this will go on, I'm still sure that we'll have to wait at least until the tour is over before Iommi begins to work on these again, and there's a large risk he won't even do that then as they might focus on a second album. Frankly, I'd rather have him focusing on the current reunion, mainly since I already have all the TM-era albums (they're not impossible to find) and since I don't really think there are so many interesting extras available that they will release anyway... Forbidden remix would be nice but still, a follow-up to "13" is higher on my list :D
    I agree man, as much as I would love to have deluxes of the IRS albums, I would hope for a follow up of 13. Although I highly doubt it will happen. I own the IRS albums so i'm content either way.

Leave a comment:

• Josef_K
    replied
    Originally posted by Van Sabbath View Post
    I would be surprised after the whole 13 hype if the deluxe editions still happen. If there is any news on it, Joe will be the first to let us know.
    If the Ozzy-era reunion is only intended to last one album and tour, then Iommi will probably pick up his work on the albums after the whole thing is over. If it is not planned for how long this will go on, I'm still sure that we'll have to wait at least until the tour is over before Iommi begins to work on these again, and there's a large risk he won't even do that then as they might focus on a second album. Frankly, I'd rather have him focusing on the current reunion, mainly since I already have all the TM-era albums (they're not impossible to find) and since I don't really think there are so many interesting extras available that they will release anyway... Forbidden remix would be nice but still, a follow-up to "13" is higher on my list :D

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Well now that Sabbath's new album 13 is a month and a few days away, I was just wondering if there has been any more news about these VERY LONG AWAITED deluxe editions and remasters of the Tony Martin era, because its annoying they are not out yet. So what's the lastest news then \m/
    I think a box set of the Martin era is due.

Leave a comment:

• Van Sabbath
    replied
    Well now that Sabbath's new album 13 is a month and a few days away, I was just wondering if there has been any more news about these VERY LONG AWAITED deluxe editions and remasters of the Tony Martin era, because its annoying they are not out yet. So what's the lastest news then \m/
    I would be surprised after the whole 13 hype if the deluxe editions still happen. If there is any news on it, Joe will be the first to let us know.

Leave a comment:

• SabbathsValhalla
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Never Satisfied
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
    Doesn't matter. Rights are with Tony.
    As they should be. Especially as opposed to being held by some archaic record company. I'd rather have no reissues at all than have some record company sharks pump out some crap product without the artists permission....and honestly?... In my opinion None of the Sabbath reissues that I have seen so far have been Great products, certainly not anything to hold ones breath over. I Hate to say that because Sabbath is my favorite band but dozens of much less successful bands have had reissues that are Vastly superior (anyone ever heard of Uriah Heep?) to the Sabbath ones. I would seek out the originals at this point if I didn't have them already.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Siegler
    replied
    Doesn't matter. Rights are with Tony.

Leave a comment:

• John Sposato
    replied
    IRS are part of Parlophone Label Group, which Universal sold to Warner Music Group and is to be approved by Brussels. Since Rhino are part of Warner maybe we should ask them, though Dehumanizer was already reissued by them in North America as that was a seperate deal.

Leave a comment:

• BibleBlack
    replied
    If they're indeed remixing Forbidden, I hope they add some more reverb to it.
    The songs themselves just sound like 80's metal to me, but the mix didn't exactly reflect that in my ears.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X