Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Review of The Eternal Idol

http://youtu.be/4q0V1gzzdsY

Got done watching it. Sorry to pull out the "Dick Card" but it's Born To Lose, and not Born To Love. Other than that, thought the episode was alright, I just hope the next one is little more energetic. I would point out about the extra tracks that has been onward out in the Tony Martin era, but I think you'll get to them.
    "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

Cool stuff man, watching it right now. Born To Love? Do you have a misprinted copy or something? Too bad Tony didn't have decent management back then, seems to me that Meehan jr. fucked everything up. It's incredible to me that Tony was able to deliver such an awesome album under the circumstances! BTW, that bass player (In the pic, not the video) is Jo Burt. Touring with that line-up would have to of been Tony's career low point of all time I would think, listen to the boots. I remember getting the cassette for christmas (1987) and being very disappointed that Ray Gillen wasn't on it, I had saw Ray on tour with Sabbath the year before, and I was like: Who the fuck's Tony Martin? The deluxe edition after all these years, confirm to me why I was pissed off! It's still an awesome album though, Martin did a bang up job in the time he was given. Cheers man, good stuff!
      Last edited by Axe fiend; 09-09-2011, 12:23 PM.
      We donít see things as they are; we see them as we are.

Comment

Awesome review, brother!!

AMEM!!!! ----> It's still an awesome album though, Martin did a bang up job in the time he was given. Cheers man, good stuff!
        Can't you see what I see
        You and I victims of Their word
        As the master of power
        Try to poison our world
        ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

Didn't know that about the paint, interesting stuff. Anyway, I think this album kicks butt from beginning to end, but that's just me. The lineup on the album was awesome, having Bob Daisley and Eric Singer, but the tour lineup. I mean, who the heck is Jo Burt and Terry Chimes? haha I really think that's the worst lineup Sabbath has ever had. Anyway, I think Tony is my fav singer behind RJD, but Ray Gillen is no joke and I love the crap out of his version and the other stuff he's done. He did some pretty cool stuff that's definitely worth a look, like Rondinelli- Wardance , Badlands albums, Sun Red Sun, etc.
          Originally Posted by Monster Boy

Depends on who is doing the rating. If they agree with me, they've rated it just right.

Comment

whoopsie doodle. i fucked up. its "Born To Lose". No misprint on my CD, Axe Fiend. Gotta stop doing my reviews with my co-host Jack.

Headless Cross is up. I'm sure I made some blunders on that one too!

Comment

Have to say your review on this one really reconsidered my stance of this album, before I considered it one of the worst Sabbath albums (even tho it has two of the best Martin era songs: The Shining and the title track) but the samples in your review convinced me to give it another listen
              Last.fm Profile | Rate Your Music Profile

Comment

Nice job Doc, enthusiasm reigns as always!!!
                The blind men shout "Let the creatures out, we'll show the unbelievers."
                The napalm screams of human flames, of a prime time Belsen feast ... yeah!
                As the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy.
                We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies.

Comment

Originally posted by SabbathFlesh View Post
                  Have to say your review on this one really reconsidered my stance of this album, before I considered it one of the worst Sabbath albums (even tho it has two of the best Martin era songs: The Shining and the title track) but the samples in your review convinced me to give it another listen
                  Hopefully your view will change. I love that disc.

And thank you for checking out! And thank you too, Iommi RULES!

Comment

Nice review. By the way, the 2 bonus tracks Black Moon and Some Kind Of Woman seem to be my vinyl transfer that I did in 2004 from the original brand new 12". I never shared it. Just have sent digital copies to a few friends over the years. How the hell it made it to Universal totally beats me.

Comment

wow thts crazy man! they must have got it from one of the people you gave a copy to

Comment

I wonder who it was. Same thing with No Stranger To Love remix. My friend Hilmar transferred No Stranger To Love remix from 7". But they got his copy. I wish I was involved during Dehumanizer reissue. I could've supplied the entire 1992 Boston gig.
                        Last edited by Leonid; 09-30-2011, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X