Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tony Martin Era

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tony Martin Era

    Will a Tony Martin era box set ever be in the works?

    I think he deserves that, he was the longest standing singer after Ozzy.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

  • #2
    There's no doubt he deserves it. The material is way, way too good to be forgotten. A 'Black Box 3' was planned for a while, (the second one ended up being 'The Rules of Hell'), but it was put on indefinite hold or something. I hope it will be released one day, and with good remasters (by Andy Pearce hopefully) and lots of bonus stuff (ie. Cross Purposes Live, the Moscow 1989 shows)

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by KazolOrajia View Post
      There's no doubt he deserves it. The material is way, way too good to be forgotten. A 'Black Box 3' was planned for a while, (the second one ended up being 'The Rules of Hell'), but it was put on indefinite hold or something. I hope it will be released one day, and with good remasters (by Andy Pearce hopefully) and lots of bonus stuff (ie. Cross Purposes Live, the Moscow 1989 shows)
      I am in total agreement, and maybe they could release the in between years mini box set with the Gillan and Hughes album together, with some bonus material, that wouldn't be bad either.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

      Comment


      • #4
        Can anyone keep an eye out for some decent prices on Headless Cross, Cross Purposes, and Forbidden for me?
        Iommi = Sabbath

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jordan View Post
          Can anyone keep an eye out for some decent prices on Headless Cross, Cross Purposes, and Forbidden for me?
          I just bought the whole Tony Martin era used on CD, minus the Eternal Idol which you can still get new, it is the Deluxe Edition and Disc. No.2 is the Ray Gillen sessions, which is awesome. Headless Cross, Tyr, Cross Purposes, and Forbidden, you can get on Amazon used, they are in great condition, for as low as $10 to about $16.

          Hope I was of some help.
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
          ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
            I just bought the whole Tony Martin era used on CD, minus the Eternal Idol which you can still get new, it is the Deluxe Edition and Disc. No.2 is the Ray Gillen sessions, which is awesome. Headless Cross, Tyr, Cross Purposes, and Forbidden, you can get on Amazon used, they are in great condition, for as low as $10 to about $16.

            Hope I was of some help.
            Really? $10-16? I see them for upwards of $30
            Iommi = Sabbath

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jordan View Post
              Really? $10-16? I see them for upwards of $30
              That's what I paid for mine, check it out for yourself.
              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
              ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                That's what I paid for mine, check it out for yourself.
                On Amazon.com , or the UK site or what? I was just on there and Headless Cross is $20 + shipping used and $32 + shipping
                Iommi = Sabbath

                Comment


                • #9
                  Will a box set come out for the Martin material? I highly doubt it. There isn't enough demand for one. I would love to have one though. There is supposed to be deluxes of the IRS albums coming so you never know.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                    On Amazon.com , or the UK site or what? I was just on there and Headless Cross is $20 + shipping used and $32 + shipping
                    The U.S. site.

                    ---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

                    Originally posted by Van Sabbath View Post
                    Will a box set come out for the Martin material? I highly doubt it. There isn't enough demand for one. I would love to have one though. There is supposed to be deluxes of the IRS albums coming so you never know.
                    I think there is a demand for it, us Sabbath fans want everything with the Sabbath name on it.
                    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                    ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                      The U.S. site.

                      ---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------



                      I think there is a demand for it, us Sabbath fans want everything with the Sabbath name on it.
                      I just went there and the prices I said stand, unless you are seeing something different. I'd appreciate a link with the prices you posted.
                      Iommi = Sabbath

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                        I just went there and the prices I said stand, unless you are seeing something different. I'd appreciate a link with the prices you posted.
                        If those are the prices you see, than that is what they are.
                        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                        ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                          If those are the prices you see, than that is what they are.
                          OK. I just don't understand why you said they were half that price... I must have misunderstood then.
                          Iommi = Sabbath

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                            OK. I just don't understand why you said they were half that price... I must have misunderstood then.
                            When I bought them they were in that price range, now they must've gone up.
                            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                            ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post


                              I think there is a demand for it, us Sabbath fans want everything with the Sabbath name on it.
                              Well Sabbath fans of all the eras obviously want it but I was referring to the demand of everyone who buys Black Sabbath albums. Tony Martin material is an unusual part of the history and there are people who like it and people who don't. A lot of people listen to Ozzy/Dio primarily (some only Ozzy) and it tends to outnumber the Martin fan base. Like I said, I would love a Martin box set, I just think in Tony's mind (because he has the rights to that material) he would rather continue with the current 3/4 reunion.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X