• Show
Clear All

• Moscow '89 full concert

Tony Martin - vocals
    Tony Iommi - guitar
    Cozy Powell - drums
    Neil Murray -bass
    Geoff Nicholls - keyboard

The only thing missing from the concert -- Kill in the Spirit World...

Comment

Thanks for posting this. One of the three most important incarnations of Sabbath.
      "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

Is there any record of this whole concert with the same sound quality of the Feels Good to Me EP? If i'm not wrong, the songs of this EP are from this same concert, and in my opinion, is one of the best Sabbath's live records quality-wise.
        Do you see a vision of a perfect place? Does it make you laugh, put a smile on your face?

Comment

Originally posted by Diego3336 View Post
          If i'm not wrong, the songs of this EP are from this same concert, and in my opinion, is one of the best Sabbath's live records quality-wise.
          Those live tracks from the Feels Good to Me single are indeed from this concert. It still irks me that the ending to Heaven and Hell is cut off on the single.

Comment

This is by far my most favourite Black Sabbath Concert, due to the fact Ozzy, Dio and Tony Martin Songs are included. The only downside I'd say to this tour is that Kill In The Spirit World isn't on it and Glory Ride,The Shining and Ancient Warrior from Eternal Idol but other than that this is one of Sabbath's best tours in my opinion :p

Comment

Originally posted by Dante_Doomsday View Post
              Tony Martin - vocals
              Tony Iommi - guitar
              Cozy Powell - drums
              Neil Murray -bass
              Geoff Nicholls - keyboard

The Tony Martin years might not rank up there in popularity, but there is no denying that's one very talented lineup. Certainly not one weak link amongst the bunch, and Tony Martin seems to be hitting all the notes. He sounds really good on the Dio stuff, and not too bad on the Ozzy stuff either. Also, kinda cool to hear Iommi play the Brian May guitar solo pretty much note for note in "When Death Calls". Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by spiral_architect101 View Post
                The Tony Martin years might not rank up there in popularity, but there is no denying that's one very talented lineup. Certainly not one weak link amongst the bunch, and Tony Martin seems to be hitting all the notes. He sounds really good on the Dio stuff, and not too bad on the Ozzy stuff either. Also, kinda cool to hear Iommi play the Brian May guitar solo pretty much note for note in "When Death Calls". Good stuff.
                And kudos to Neil Murray for playing the Laurence Cottle bass solo intro on "When Death Calls" note for note. If I recall correctly when Geezer was in that incarnation of the band they simply used a pre-recorded track (i.e. Cross Purposes Live).

Comment

Originally posted by spiral_architect101 View Post
                  And kudos to Neil Murray for playing the Laurence Cottle bass solo intro on "When Death Calls" note for note. If I recall correctly when Geezer was in that incarnation of the band they simply used a pre-recorded track (i.e. Cross Purposes Live).
                  True. Neil Murray did say it took him a long time to perfect it as per the album (or something alone those lines).

Comment

I do agree 's_a101' that the level of talent in this lineup is stellar. Truth be told, this was ALMOST going to be my first "Black Sabbath" concert ( July 1989) before it was cancelled due to an alarming lack of ticket sales. Reportedly there were only 100 tickets sold in a venue that held 15,000. I actually had front row tickets. But make no mistake: I was going to see the Tony Iommi Experience ( ..you get the point) , NOT BLACK SABBATH, for all intents and purposes. A strong criticism? Yes. Nevertheless, my opinion mind you, no more and no less.

Having said that, going by this particular performance, I'm sure I would've enjoyed this tour on it's own merits had I got to see it. However, things happen for a reason, and that meant that my first Sabbath concert EVER ended up being the 1992 'Dehumanizer' tour instead! And for that, I remain extremely grateful AND honored! ... Great comments everybody! Thanks BSO!

Comment

Did they ever played Kill In The Spirit World live? Just curious..

I also wonder why Martin diluted his vocal power at the end of their 1989 Headless Cross tour? is he sick?

Comment

Working...
                      X