What's Your Favorite Tony Martin Album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
    Cross Purposes, Geezer tips the scale. Psychophobia and Cross Of Thorns are 2 standouts.
    WICKED , wow , it was actually a pleasure reading your last 4 post you just did tonight , ALL almost completely POSITIVE!!!!! .....p.s. HEAVEN IN BLACK , not just the name , IS A MONSTER "SABBATH" track!!!!!! ....be well my brother

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
      WICKED , wow , it was actually a pleasure reading your last 4 post you just did tonight , ALL almost completely POSITIVE!!!!! .....p.s. HEAVEN IN BLACK , not just the name , IS A MONSTER "SABBATH" track!!!!!! ....be well my brother
      And u too brother
      "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
      R. Blackmore

Comment

Tyr gets my vote on account of Anno Mundi, The Sabbath Stones, and the Valhalla suite. Headless Cross is a close second, it's got killer songs and Martin is on fire, but it loses points 'cos the reverb-y sound is a tad too much on that one. And that verse on Kill in the Spirit World is just weird...that's the ONE moment in the whole Martin era where I get the "80's rock" argument.
        https://soundcloud.com/deadloss-2

Comment

I think I have all these Tony Martin albums on vinyl stored away somewhere. Wonder if they're worth anything?
          About half of all the Tony Martin songs are good and the other half I don't like. The album that has the most songs I like is Forbidden. I used to like Cross Purposes alot but now only about half of it.

Comment

I Love The Eternal Idol so I picked that. That being said the BEST Martin era albums are not as good as the worst Ozzy era albums. I still love them all, except for Forbidden.
            Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

Originally posted by Never Satisfied View Post
              the BEST Martin era albums are not as good as the worst Ozzy era albums. I still love them all, except for Forbidden.
              I think that is fair comment. I would agree, although I love Forbidden too. Mind you, Tyr is up there with Mob Rules for a close rivalry with some the lesser favored Ozzy Sabbath albums.
              Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

Bum petty bump pah
                Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

1. Cross Purposes
                  2. Tyr
                  3. Headless Cross
                  4. Eternal idol
                  5. Forbidden

Comment

Cross Purposes.

There are some great songs on it!

Comment

1) Headless Cross
                      2) TYR
                      3) Cross Purposes
                      4) Eternal Idol
                      5) Forbidden

Headless Cross will always be Martin's best with Sabbath. "Nightwing flies again.........!"

Comment

Working...
                      X